Yocan Evolve Wax Pen

karmakid64

Any new updates on the Magneto? I am mostly interested in coil performance and flavor. FYI I hear the Magneto coil fits on the evolve plus atty!

karmakid64,

karmakid64

OK, I got to try it yesterday for the first time. I still like my Cerum better with the ceramic donut atty.

I am not a fan of this new atomizer and I think it makes the hits taste plastic and metallic. I like everything about the design of this pen but the taste is what matters and I am not too happy with it. I bought this same atomizer from edabs a while back and used it once and didnt like it. I was hoping they had improved it but I still dont like the taste.

I am assuming that there will be a ceramic donut available for this or I might try to use the one from my evolve or Nyx.
all the yocan products including coils the I have purchased from ebay have crapped out or taste terrible, HOWEVER, all the coils and batteries I purchased from yocanusa.com direct have all performed excellent!! this has been my experience.

karmakid64

The Evolve Plus atomizer is rated .8 ohms 10-20 watts I have notice my donut coil ohm fluctuate higher as it heats up between.7-.9ohms.

karmakid64,

Cxsegura19

Any new updates on the Magneto? I am mostly interested in coil performance and flavor. FYI I hear the Magneto coil fits on the evolve plus atty!
I just got mine this morning, don't have many other pens to compare it to. I can say that flavor is pretty good
how is it working out for you?

Been amazing so far, haven't had enough time to pay attention to how much fits in the oven with the miracle B coil. I'm still pretty new to concentrates:hmm:

MyCollie

After a few uses I've decided the Yocan Evolve Plus does not have a good taste to it. I tried the top part/coils on the Yocan pen and also my box mod at 15w. Based on other reviews I don't think it's my wax. I'll try the wax in my Mighty on the concentrate pad and see what happens.

I will say that it worked, I vaped Blue Dream Wax and it reduced my anxiety and stress level to a "zero", was a bit numbing, and I was still able to function quite well.

MyCollie,

Vitolo

Vaporist
After a few uses I've decided the Yocan Evolve Plus does not have a good taste to it.
I like the clean taste of the Evolve Plus so much that I have put all other wax pens (I have a couple dozen top tier Wax Pens) behind the evolve on my shelf.
I have been using evolve Plus since a week after it's release.
I liked the smaller original Evolve also.
The Evolve Plus does what most wax pens do not.. It allows you to clear a clog really fast, while other pens (even the well known and popular ones) force me to work harder to "pop a clog"
pens.jpg

Last edited:

MyCollie

I like the clean taste of the Evolve Plus so much that I have put all other wax pens (I have a couple dozen top tier Wax Pens) behind the evolve on my shelf.
I have been using evolve Plus since a week after it's release.
I liked the smaller original Evolve also.
The Evolve Plus does what most wax pens do not.. It allows you to clear a clog really fast, while other pens (even the well known and popular ones) force me to work harder to "pop a clog

I don't know. Mine just had a taste to it of some sort. It's hard to describe. I did get solid hits from it though.

Goodfella

Ebay now has ceramic donut coils for the magneto so i ordered them. I don't get why so many people like that miracle atty - Everything else about this pen is great. Airflow is fantastic and I love the magnet connections.

Vitolo

Vaporist
While the taste is great, I prefer the dual coil to the ceramic donut, because it gets hot faster.
The donut does have a clean flavor though.
Mine just had a taste to it of some sort
Not uncommon for certain essences to affect some individuals and not others, and I am sure you are not alone in this. I just personally found the taste great. More than that it is the performance that has me hooked!

karmakid64

I don't know. Mine just had a taste to it of some sort. It's hard to describe. I did get solid hits from it though.
the CDC that came with my plus tasted great the coils I bought from ebay all tasted horrible the CDC and donut coils I bought from yocanusa have all been great! I just ordered the miracle coil so well see how that one goes.

Last edited:
karmakid64,
Reactions: Vitolo

Wahiker

I emailed Yocan (via <yocanonline@gmail.com>) about whether the Evolve Plus shuts off automatically (since I couldn't find an answer) and to my surprise, I received a response within one day. The English wasn't great, but clear enough.

The answer was that the unit does NOT automatically turn off, regardless of how long it is inactive. However, being "on" just means that it is in "standby mode" and it will power the coil if you push the button -- but if you don't push the button, it doesn't use any electricity. A couple times, I forgot to do the 5 click turnoff and when I went to use it again, I clicked 5 times without realizing it was already "on" and that what I was really doing was locking it off and was thinking it was malfunctioning when I couldn't get the coil to power up!

Maybe the above is obvious to experienced users, but as a newbie, I thought I'd mention it for the benefit of other newbies!:brow:

Wahiker,
I'm about to buy my first pen and I was just wondering how often you have to replace the coils and if you have to do this with other pens?
Ya you have to do this with all the pens so basically your best bang for your buck is to go with one of the Yocan's. I have a Pandon right now and I really enjoy it, I like how you can use both the coils at once or just use a single one. I have only used the DQ so far but next time I get more coils I'm going to try the ceramic donut's. And as far as replacing the coils being costly I think it's probably equal to what you would spend on lighters/torches and butane if not way less, five to ten bucks a month for me is nothing to stress over but if you want to save some money you can actually rebuild your coils(do not attempt if you don't have experience replacing coils) if you have the tools already all you need to buy is the wire. There is a technique to taking the old coils off I'm not going to go into complete detail so if you want more info let me know, so pay close attention when your taking the coils housing apart specifically how the wires are placed because they need to be placed like that or they won't work. Once you get the coils out you want to grab the two little plastic sleeves at the end of th coil as well as the quarts you will need these. Then clean everything in ISO and build your new coils. I use 28 guage wire which seems to be the same size as the original coils and I use a 2mm spacer to get the correct circumference then i wrap it around normally about seven or eight times carefully slide the quarts back in and then put everything back together the same way the original one was setup. In the end if you started from scratch and had none of the tools or accessories needed it's probably going to cost around 20-25$ for everything you need and it's going to probably take atleast a hour your first time if you do everything correctly. So it's going to cost you more at first but after your fifth rebuild it pays for its self and from then on you have free coils for life as long as your willing and patient enough to do it cause it is very tedious and easy to mess up and have to restart.

CombustionAhhFuck,

Trogdor

Vapinating the peasants
So I ordered a Magneto coil to stick in my Evolve Plus, and it came in today. Was pleasantly surprised to see that it fits, the top of the dabber/cap is just a bit shy of the mouthpiece. The dabber works well for cookie-cutting wax, although I'm not sure how I feel about the taste. Not quite as clean as a fresh QDC, both of which I recently ordered from the same website (vapepensales, they seem to be related to yocanUSA). Maybe there's a technique to melting the dab off the tool and into the coil that I'm missing

Trogdor,

Simple10

Member, you member riiiight?
I just got the Magneto recently and I am really digging it. I can't really comment on the flavor, I always buy the cheapest wax strain available at whatever dispensary I'm at and it all tastes the same no matter what device I use. It is pleasant but I like the taste of dry herb better. I only use wax when I wanna get medicated rather quickly in just a few hits, so the ceramic coil does the job well. I chose the Magneto for it's ease of use and on-the-go convenience. The attached dab tool and stash jar make it perfect for when you're always in hurry just grab it and go, no need to preload.

The only issue I found is that because the dabber tool attached to the chamber cap will sit right above the coil, sometimes when you pull off the cap the sticky residue will pull the coil right along with it. I have to snap the cap to the side as I'm lifting to make the coil detach and stay in the chamber. This hasn't effected performance and vapor quality so far but I am still new to wax vaporizers, I'm not sure if this is ok or damaging in the long run.

Last edited:
Simple10,

zor

The magneto is neat!L. I have to play around with it for a lot longer but first impressions are generally positive. The pulls do seem to be far harsher than the evolve plus coils, and I'm curious how we are supposed to clean the coils, any ideas guys?

My thoughts as I use it, the design aesthetic and function are awesome but I can't get past how harsh the vapor is :( I've been sick so I can attest that this helped stave off nausea and mitigate stomach cramping, but my throat is chafed to hell...Because of my illness or the vape, I dunno!

zor,

PaxQc

Hey guys! I had the evolve plus for about 6-8 months and before i had a dr dabber.
I just found out thatbthe evolve fits perfectly in my bong
(On my cell so ill post a pict later)

PaxQc,

Dresta

Since there is no Magneto thread I assume this would be the best place to ask. Does the magneto consume the concentrate that goes below the coil? Loading it with the dab tool works ok, I'm just wondering if it would be a waste to put more into the chamber.

Dresta,

rekrab

Ebay now has ceramic donut coils for the magneto so i ordered them. I don't get why so many people like that miracle atty - Everything else about this pen is great. Airflow is fantastic and I love the magnet connections.
where did you find these donut magneto coils i cant find them anywhere?

rekrab,

ECK

I just took an Evolve Plus donut atomizer completely apart. Easy teardown, nice to see nothing funny on the inside, super easy to reassemble.

Those who have experimented with different atomizers with your Evolve Plus battery (Cerum, Magneto, etc) -- what is your favourite?

ECK,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I love the Cerum.... easiest draw of all,
BUT I think Evolve Plus with the original Dual Quartz atomizer is my favorite.

Vitolo,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Looking for oneof these or the newer version with magnets for 420 sale. If anyone sees a sale on this product please let me know.

IAmKrazy2,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
best deal I could find (with reasonable numbers of reviews) is this for $20.79 including shipping from Colorado

Damn? Truly the real deal? I assume they were just taken from the factory in China or something? I worry about safety if this is a knockoff but at that price hell i am very intrigued.

Any thoughts from anyone else?

IAmKrazy2,
Top Bottom