Yocan Evolve Wax Pen

Eatrocks

Switched the evolve plus battery with a kanger kbox 40 watt. Its adjustable in increments. It operates normal at 8 watts. At 13 its prolly my favorite...at 20 it OMG on the exhale, smooth going down thou...

YungLeaner

Just got my Yocan Evolve Plus in for $20 shipped from eBay. Shipped from upstate CA and I'm in SoCal so I got it quick.

Initial impressions are very, very positive. The intensity of the heat afforded by the double Quartz coils means that when I place oil on the coils and inhale I'm tasting that specific oil/shatter/crumble, and this is very nice to someone coming from a G Pen, wherein you taste everything you ever put in it...the assembly is simple, of high quality, and easily cleanable.

I wish the upper mouthpiece shield was a little thicker in the walls and sturdier but you can't have everything and for $20 I think this might be the best dollar value purchase on the cannabis market. I spend some time on the wax pen Reddit forums and aside from the W9 fanboyism, what interests me the most is that everyone seems to want high tech setups like the Hercules or whatever, endlessly trying to come up with a slightly better concentrate pen experience.

But I feel like all of that innovation results in hundred dollar plus units that require maintenance and special care. Perhaps they are better for people who only consume concentrates, but at that point I would get a nice little rig and an email and be done with it. For portable concentrate usage the Evolve Plus cannot be beat, almost irregardless of price range. Easily replaceable parts and it's cheap enough that you could replace the whole thing 3 times and not even reach the cost of a dr dabber or source upper end unit. Love it!!!

Eatrocks

Just got my Yocan Evolve Plus in for $20 shipped from eBay. Shipped from upstate CA and I'm in SoCal so I got it quick.

Initial impressions are very, very positive. The intensity of the heat afforded by the double Quartz coils means that when I place oil on the coils and inhale I'm tasting that specific oil/shatter/crumble, and this is very nice to someone coming from a G Pen, wherein you taste everything you ever put in it...the assembly is simple, of high quality, and easily cleanable.

I wish the upper mouthpiece shield was a little thicker in the walls and sturdier but you can't have everything and for $20 I think this might be the best dollar value purchase on the cannabis market. I spend some time on the wax pen Reddit forums and aside from the W9 fanboyism, what interests me the most is that everyone seems to want high tech setups like the Hercules or whatever, endlessly trying to come up with a slightly better concentrate pen experience.

But I feel like all of that innovation results in hundred dollar plus units that require maintenance and special care. Perhaps they are better for people who only consume concentrates, but at that point I would get a nice little rig and an email and be done with it. For portable concentrate usage the Evolve Plus cannot be beat, almost irregardless of price range. Easily replaceable parts and it's cheap enough that you could replace the whole thing 3 times and not even reach the cost of a dr dabber or source upper end unit. Love it!!!

I got the herc cart a few months ago, used it once. GREAT flavor, but im not in a place where i can shove in a half g. Plus i like the ritual of loading a dab on the quartz.

I own both the evolve and evolve plus...the evolve hits way hotter than the plus..if someone could confirm this....thatd be great.

Just remember to soak the atty in iso once a week...nasty reclaim pools in the chamber and on the coils fucking up your hit.

Eatrocks,
Reactions: macbill

YungLeaner

I got the herc cart a few months ago, used it once. GREAT flavor, but im not in a place where i can shove in a half g. Plus i like the ritual of loading a dab on the quartz.

I own both the evolve and evolve plus...the evolve hits way hotter than the plus..if someone could confirm this....thatd be great.

Just remember to soak the atty in iso once a week...nasty reclaim pools in the chamber and on the coils fucking up your hit.
Yeah, I'm sure the Herc has good flavor but I'm really turned off by what you mention, that whole process of always having a ton of wax in there and taking cool down draws etc...not for me. Thanks for the tip on the coils I like keeping my devices and glass very clean. The Yocan atomizer construction and seating is so high quality for the price, I really would have paid 60$ for this... I don't know why headshops still carry mostly G Pen stock. Such outdated tech and pricing

Eatrocks

Yeah, I'm sure the Herc has good flavor but I'm really turned off by what you mention, that whole process of always having a ton of wax in there and taking cool down draws etc...not for me. Thanks for the tip on the coils I like keeping my devices and glass very clean. The Yocan atomizer construction and seating is so high quality for the price, I really would have paid 60$ for this... I don't know why headshops still carry mostly G Pen stock. Such outdated tech and pricing

Not just good flavor...it made cheap undesirable wax....desireable.

Totally unrelated but has anyone seen the 510 enails?? Screw it on a ecig mod, quartz nail. Arouns 40-60 bucks

karmakid64

I just got my evolve plus yesterday and charged it right away this afternoon Battery light flashes 3 times and shuts off. Is that low power warning?
Also I don't get the three second monster clouds everyone speaks of maybe I'm not using enough? Thanks for the tips folks! ✌️

karmakid64,

gooroo

Is the vaporizer attached to the battery? The battery LED will flash three times if it doesn't detect a vaporizer.

karmakid64

Is the vaporizer attached to the battery? The battery LED will flash three times if it doesn't detect a vaporizer.

Thanks @gooroo ! Yes the vaporizer is attached, i left it charging all night. it seems to be working now so i left it plugged in the charger and i loaded up for a wake n baked it hit marvelous! yet i noticed just that one hit caused the battery to go into charge mode(red light) is this normal behavior? i have a 2200 man 30w eleaf the doesn't do that so i didn't expect this battery to react to one hit. I'm worried something might be wrong here :/

thanks for the feedback folks!

karmakid64,

gooroo

I wouldn't sweat it. Run the battery through a few discharge/charge cycles... My battery seems to last forever... I only charge mine after about a dozen sessions and it's been working fine. One thing you probably don't want to do is let it sit on charger forever.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Switched the evolve plus battery with a kanger kbox 40 watt. Its adjustable in increments. It operates normal at 8 watts. At 13 its prolly my favorite...at 20 it OMG on the exhale, smooth going down thou...
CCsG0sQ.jpg

The attachment is great.
I use my own battery.
But hey, it's easy to use!

karmakid64

I wouldn't sweat it. Run the battery through a few discharge/charge cycles... My battery seems to last forever... I only charge mine after about a dozen sessions and it's been working fine. One thing you probably don't want to do is let it sit on charger forever.
Thanks for the tips its been working great so far!:leaf:

karmakid64,

Hickory farms

I'm about to buy my first pen and I was just wondering how often you have to replace the coils and if you have to do this with other pens?

Hickory farms,

Hoosier

I'm about to buy my first pen and I was just wondering how often you have to replace the coils and if you have to do this with other pens?

the purity/quality of your starting material is the biggest factor in how often you will want to replace your coils. the ceramic coils can last many months with proper care, and some folks can make qdc last a long time too. I am too lazy, and coils are cheap (and I love the taste of clean coils) so i probably make mine last a month or so before i toss them and replace.

Hoosier,
Reactions: waxdab23

zor

FWIW, I have been using the dual quartz and ceramic coil, switching between the two every week or so, as my Y+ has been my nightly driver for the past month and half. While I use one coil the other is soaking in ISO and cleaned before use. So far I haven't noticed any need to replace either, and I've had the Y+ for a couple of months. Quite impressed, but I also don't hold the power on for longer than a pulse of 1-3 seconds and repeat about 3 or 4 times per hit

Hickory farms

So I bought the pen and it won't charge at all. Everytime I plug it in the red light will flash for a second and then it will go away.

Hickory farms,

NimbusVapor

Does anyone know if the evolve plus coils will fit in the regular evolve? I am trying to figure it out because I want to get the pandon but want to make sure I can put the evolve plus coils in it. The pandon says it accepts regular evolve coils but doesn't mention evolve plus coils.

NimbusVapor,
Top Bottom