Yocan Evolve Plus XL

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Glad to see that you like it guys . I was approached by one of the Yocan reps and was asked if i want to test a unit, i said why not ,sent an address and was told that i will be receiving a tracking soon. Since then no reply , tried messaging their customer support ,no reply either and it has been a good two weeks already..
Well i dont feel like a missed much ,but if anyone ever need support from Yocan , dont expect easy communication or communication at all ,lol.. :D

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: ataxian

biohacker

Glad to see that you like it guys . I was approached by one of the Yocan reps and was asked if i want to test a unit, i said why not ,sent an address and was told that i will be receiving a tracking soon. Since then no reply , tried messaging their customer support ,no reply either and it has been a good two weeks already..
Well i dont feel like a missed much ,but if anyone ever need support from Yocan , dont expect easy communication or communication at all ,lol.. :D

That's odd, Anna always responded within a few days here, and has even been posting in this thread like a week ago. She just PMed me last week too.

biohacker,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I, too, was contacted, and I supplied my shipping data a week or so ago. I haven't bothered to follow up. I figured it fell through.

Last edited:
macbill,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
@biohacker I like a great deal of Yocan products, such as Cerum, Evolve+, Torch, and Exgo. I do not like Yocan Explore as the electronics are part of the airpath. You can close the vents, and inhale: airpath through the electronics. The Hive runs a little warm for oil (I take smaller hits), and the ceramic concentrate atomizer no longer registers after very little use.

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I too was contacted and I sent info, but that must have fell through. I never tried to contact them after they said they would send shipping info. I kind of forgot about it. I typically use another brand but seeing some trusted "faces" give this unit some good words has me interested. Now I'm getting kind of bummed. :worms:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I think i figured it out.. There is some holiday in China from 29thSept-5th Oct. I guess :D they must be having one hell of a celebration,but again they had like 10 days headspace in my case.
@macbill Flowermates also use to have electronics in the airpath,and herbstick does too,but some people dont seem to have problem with that. Does the Explore has any robot taste ,melting parts etc ?

biohacker

Oh ya! That's right it's the national Chinese holiday for a week....dhgate delays too.

When I was promised mine it took a while to get the tracking, etc. but it all came to fruition and I couldn't be happier. I have one atty fully packed with shatter and the other budder....got them both pretty squeeky clean (95%), and they are ready with a fully charged battery when need be!

thinking i need a puffco+ now..

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
:lol:@ataxian ! You make some very good points!!

More importantly i'm really starting to LOVE this vape! Used it all day and it was AWESOME! Guess it just took some learning curve (short), but this is awesome for portability!

Just a couple of things.... for feedback to Yocan...

that led light is very difficult to see behind that button... would be nice for a separate led, and something that lets me know that it's locked or not.

A lid for the spare atty would be great to load a 2nd for on the go, but i'll probably just use some foil.

So stoked with this little thing, I may have to buy their non-XL version just to check out!

Awesome! I did notice some waste on the sides and lid but that's because i'm over filling!
@biohacker I normally use larger coils.
I haven't broke any yet?

I did see COIL REPLACEMENT for them, so that's a bonus.

If they can offer a PREMIUM PACK of COIL'S say with TIGER or TANK COIL'S of a larger gauge?
I don't think I would use anything else? (if they did that?)
Or a large ceramic disc for herb?
22cm is common.
24cm or lager would be awesome?
I brought 30cm standard to convert for my need's! (I have not worked on it yet!)

biohacker

I'm loving my Yocan XL! I have it fully prepared and ready to go when I need it (cleaned, charged, loaded).

I was in a hurry this morning so didn't have time for my usual vape session at home and instead grabbed the yocan on my way out and hit it on the way to the gym. Tasty terpene flavour country! WOW! Enjoyed an extremely leisurely session of mostly smaller hits to savour the flavour, and by the time my 15 min drive was complete, I was fully locked loaded and ready to go!

The yocan is everything i've been looking for in a vape pen I think....I love the ability to load it up so it lasts forever, and the storage thing on the bottom is money. If anyone knows of a better pen please let me know!
I've put a couple of grams through mine and not a single issue, and maintenance is a breeze!

biohacker,

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
Hey there FC
I too received an XL for review received a gold one.
First things first i believe with any of these types of tools the first thing to do is burn off any manufacturing oils or do a thorough iso cleaning or both.
While doing some test fires i noticed how quick coils glowed so i new I'd need a quick pulse to avoid burning oil.
Nice flavor as long as you don't ride the trigger to long. And run dry....
Then i switched it to my evic mini and lowered the volts to 2.64 put a glob in and just ride the button no more glowing coils.
Haven't tried tc yet more testing to come.
The cerum donuts work with the air controled base as well.

I to never received any more contact from yocan after they said they were gonna send. Just received a text from dhl.
Not sure what the fuss is with yocan a real basic pm offering the review.
No asking for good review.
Good products at a good price in my opinion.

Thanks Yocan keep up the good work
Use more donuts in your vapes or have both included in package and temp settings is a must on all your devices.
If input matters
Peace

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I also received a review unit to try out. I just got it a day ago, but so far I like it. It really hits like a beast having 4 coils. As good as a good smack in the face from a dab. My only complaints are that it gets hot, and I’ve been using more concentrate.

biohacker

I’ve been using more concentrate.

This....big time! One thing I greatly do dislike is that it seems very wasteful... I frequently have oil coated sides and the lid, but i'm probably overloading it (up to the white) because I fear taste when it gets too bare :lol:

biohacker,
Reactions: Vicki

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
This....big time! One thing I greatly do dislike is that it seems very wasteful... I frequently have oil coated sides and the lid, but i'm probably overloading it (up to the white) because I fear taste when it gets too bare :lol:

Most times I only load concentrate on a couple of the coils.

Vitolo

Vaporist
No, I do not taste it in the Yocan Evolve Plus, or the original evolve.
I do not taste it in the AoVape Canva.
I never tasted it in the cerum.
The hot, and harsh electrical flavor for me has been with this unit.
I still use it, and show it to patients that I see.
As I think most have summed up, it gets you medicated fast, but that becomes hot and harsh.
I have adjusted the airflow all ways, and I feather the button lightly.
I do still have it in rotation, just not in a daily routine.

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
I have been given a review sample as well. I must say this Wax pen vaporizer is a hoss! I have owned a Yocan Torch, and currently have two Yocan Evolve Arsenal pens. First thoughts, this packaging seems like I'm opening something I paid 6 times the amount. I love the detachable dab holder with split compartment. Wow, this coil can handle a bunch of concentrate! Also, the dabber tool is nice and thick with a spade and spoon.

The XL is easy to load but not as easy as the Arsenal series, however the cleanup is less and if I need a quick "one and done", I would certainly choose this over the Arsenal. The variable air flow is also a cool added feature that isn't included in the Arsenal, as the latter uses groves along the battery top to achieve airflow. The only disadvantage I found to this new airflow feature was when adding my pre-made oil atomizers, there would end up being no airflow, because there are no grooves on or next to the 510 port. I don't see myself using this XL as much as the Arsenal, however in a group setting the XL might be the way to go. The XL is fun but make sure you use caution because this hoss will light you up if you load it up and expect results similar to Yocan's previous models. Overall, I'm happy with the options Yocan gives us with a very respectable market price.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
First the good. I got my pen and open the very nicely designed box. The pen was pink and very pretty. Yes, pink is for boys too, although I am a girl. I loved the style of the pen although a bit big in diameter. The new improved magnetic cap is great and would save a bunch of heartache if I would actually use this pen. The addition of the silicon storage container is nice as well.

Now for me the bad. I loaded it up not expected to hate this one. My poor was is still in there, the taste does suffer, but isn’t horrible. First hit I was hurting bad. Way too much air. I closed the vents and tried again. I took a baby hit and again it hurt bad. I coughed and that is horrible for me especially since you can’t stop coughing. Ok, another try and I blocked the holes on the side as well and only let a smidge of air flow to get the hit. Still hurts like hell.

All in all this pen is horrible for me and it seems many others. I would have loved to try the herb pen. I can’t recommned this pen.

AJS

Calm Consistency
How are you guys getting any flavor or getting rid of that burnt coil taste. I kept the temp pretty low and still awful. Do we need to ISO? Load huge bowls? I can't imagine flavor staying this bad ..

Top Bottom