Yocan Evolve Plus XL

biohacker

ive been using the evolve lately and while it does have a coil taste...it hits really fucking hard and the adjustable airflow really works

Coil taste? I'm new to wax pens, but I don't like the sound of that. I'm just hoping for something to replace the unreliable and bug prone grasshopper for portability.

Justpassedu

Coil taste? I'm new to wax pens, but I don't like the sound of that. I'm just hoping for something to replace the unreliable and bug prone grasshopper for portability.
This will do the job buddy , easy to use for quick pick me up hits , very hard hitting with the coil provided , can be tamed down by either attaching the head to a mod and lowering the watts or getting a different coil style for it , lets say a ceramic donut. I had the same issues with my hopper , bought 2 of them and now i have given up and resort to my pen for those quick hits i need , it never fails.

Justpassedu

pretty sure you know how many I bought and went through, so i'm happy to hear that this will be a great replacement for extracts! Looking forward to it, already have my tracking info.
lol , sorry you had to go through all that. Hey , you cant beat free . I think you will enjoy this thing , don't hold the button to long or you may cough up a lung , start with maybe a 3 second hold and work your way up.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
yea...all wax pens with coils have a coil taste to some degree...its just part of the game.

it can be overpowered by loading a generous amount of concentrates, but you'll loose some due to taste near the end.

taste is also affected by how long you press the button and how many times as a row...basically the hotter it gets the more taste is affected.

I almost think it's the coil pen equivalent to a supreme and definitely close to a rig in terms of potential cloud density and effect.

but coils ALWAYS impart a taste.

WakeAndVape,
Reactions: biohacker

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Dude, that statement itself speaks volumes! Thanks man, how do you know when your load is spent then? Putrid taste? :puke:
it isn't 'putrid' it's just an absence of terp taste mixed with a cooked taste...almost like 'electric avb' and at that point (like regular avb) there are still some active left, that you can push to consume or dump if your a purist.

EDIT: this is an evolve plus XL hit.
jSWWlQs.gif

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
but don't forget Greg from Pharmacor
Greg never deceived me personally and treated me well.
I bought 4 Inhalators from him years ago, and still use all of them in rotation weekly.
The deception from Yocan was much worse.
Over the course of a little over a year, I ordered approximately 500 units from Kevin at Yocan, for a couple of Dispensaries that were giving them to patients... I also bought dozens of Torch units.
I stopped doing business with Yocan, when Kevin left. He left due to poor practices that were going on "in-house", and opened his own company. Poor practices like certain materials and sales techniques used.
I have been ordering quantities of wax pens for Dispensaries from him at his new company since. (a superior product.. and to not water down this thread, I won't name it here, but can be asked through FC messaging for that info)
We became good friends, as the MANY pages of P.M.'s here on FC between us reflected.
When Anna responded to me as Kevin, she read back through all of those pages, and referred to them, and spoke to me as though we were old friends, using tid-bits from our messages to make herself seem like she was friends with me... not knowing I had just spoken to Kevin... who now gets all of my wax pen business for the dispensaries.

But is there anything you liked about it other than the silicone wax container?
Separating the anger over the deception, and looking at the pen objectively.....
No there was not.
As I said in my base review of this pen at http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/yocan-evolve-plus-xl.25197/#post-1160203
The taste was very harsh and metallic, and the "quad" coil was overkill.
Yes it can make a pea sized dab vanish in one hit. One very hot, harsh and choking hit, that left me gasping for air every time.
I am not a novice dabber, and still use nails, and the VB2 on top of all of the pens... and I use none with water filtration.
I have had a large number of patients try the Evolve Plus XL, and given the choice they all chose the Evolve Plus (original) for flavor, effect, and efficiency.
I can honestly and objectively say that other than the container having it's own lid that screws off the base separately was the only thing I liked about the pen.
If I want a hit that is stronger than the original Evolve Plus or other pens that I have obtained and use regularly since, I can take two hits. No sense in causing myself discomfort.
it isn't 'putrid' it's just an absence of terp taste mixed with a cooked taste...almost like 'electric avb'
I agree with this.
I personally found the unit to be well thought out from a marketing standpoint, but is more of a hot, harsh hit (with an electric taste) and less flavor than I enjoy in a pen.

Last edited:

biohacker

Damn Vito, i'm not even sure I wanna open up this vape when it arrives. Doesn't sound appealing whatsoever anymore lol

Certainly doesn't sound like the supreme v3 of the wax pen world!

Vitolo

Vaporist
Damn Vito, i'm not even sure I wanna open up this vape when it arrives. Doesn't sound appealing whatsoever anymore lol

Certainly doesn't sound like the supreme v3 of the wax pen world!
You are an experienced Vaporist.
I am certain you will be able to make an educated decision once you receive your pen.
Remember... One man's trash is another man's treasure.... so there may be those that want these qualities in a pen.

biohacker

There are plenty of youtube vid reviews and unboxing....just watched one, rather impressive, except for the coughing lol But that's due to the size of the rips, and button being pressed too long I think.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
@biohacker it's all subjective.

I believe @Vitolo being more of a medical user, seems like he judges vaporizers based on comfotability and then performance.
(correct me if im wrong?)

someone with respiratory issues might not desire lung busting draws

being purely recreational, I'll take hot heavy hits to get fucked up.

keep in mind I use my supreme at 400 always...sometimes higher with no water filtration.

my needs are completely different.

Vitolo

Vaporist
Please remember that Yocan contacted hundreds of people by email, (me included), and straight up said:
"We are looking for senior forum members to write Positive Reviews for our new product, the Evolve Plus XL.
This could profit both of us. We would be happy to send you products for your review, and the review will also 'increase your popularity' on the online forums."

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Please remember that Yocan contacted hundreds of people by email, (me included), and straight up said:
"We are looking for senior forum members to write Positive Reviews for our new product, the Evolve Plus XL.
This could profit both of us. We would be happy to send you products for your review, and the review will also 'increase your popularity' on the online forums."
weird...my email wasn't worded like that.
didn't say shit about incentives!

anyhow when the alternate came out they were offering big incentives for positive reviews...but the cooling unit melted under heavy use.

...i have no review for that.

I don't see the situation where I would pass off a bogus product in favor of short sighted 'incentives'...but people like that do exist (I've been fooled before).

not sure if this is against the rules...my bad if it is...
but this is a screen shot of my convo with yocan on the forum

0brhPkS.png

where the hell are my incentives! lol

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
My experience in the FC messaging was as I described (pretending to be an old friend)... it was via email that I received this offer, from a Yocan rep named "karen"

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I got one of these on the way to test also. I will let everyone know my first impressions after a few loads of rosin.

Edit. For what it's worth, my first message was from Yocan Anna and besides owning a magneto this is my first communication with yocan.

Edit again. My message was like WakeAndVapes. No mention of positive reviews needed, ect.

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
I just got one of these and it's actually surprisingly neat! I don't have any any oil to test it with, and I'm not very familiar with vape pens...as I don't really use them. I like the magnetic top and how everything comes apart, seems like it would be easy to clean.

I'll visit some friends and have them test it heavy and I'll report back on harshness and all that.

P.S. ... I was not asked to write anything positive on this .. just said they would give me a free one and write a review on it. I can share the picture if required. This company sure does things an odd way, and I'm not a fan of asking for positive reviews ...

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I just got one of these and it's actually surprisingly neat! I don't have any any oil to test it with, and I'm not very familiar with vape pens...as I don't really use them. I like the magnetic top and how everything comes apart, seems like it would be easy to clean.

I'll visit some friends and have them test it heavy and I'll report back on harshness and all that.

P.S. ... I was not asked to write anything positive on this .. just said they would give me a free one and write a review on it. I can share the picture if required. This company sure does things an odd way, and I'm not a fan of asking for positive reviews ...
make some rosin man!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Last edited:
Top Bottom