1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Yocan Cerum

Discussion in 'E-cig Based Portables' started by Copacetic, Jun 29, 2016.

1. vapeape77

vapeape77 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip, I'm watching that Dabstorm thread close, seems it's pretty mixed reviews. But if the Cerum work well with it maybe I should reconsider since some mods cost same as that package deal.

Zheka likes this.
  2. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

Cerum is a clean little tool.
    The air flow is magnificent.

tennisguru1 and PPN like this.
  3. jdent3

jdent3 Well-Known Member

Is this thing safe? Just wondering if there's any glue or anything that could he harmful? I was also wondering how the donut performance is because that is what I'd be buying it for.

4. IrieHigh

IrieHigh New Member

i must say i get sadly a strange taste out of it , for how your burn out your device the first time guys?

5. huk_huk

huk_huk Well-Known Member

yea got a strange taste as well and then I found out it's the same smell like the package material has. So nothing what made me freak out and it disappeared fast..

however this is my first atomzier/ecig and I'm a little bit lost which coil I have to select on my Tesla 40W Stealth or can I select the resistance without using a pre-set coil (SS TI NI etc) atm using the dual coil but I gonna get donuts soon.

edit: normal mode works perfectly. I like this thing so far

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  6. ECK

ECK Well-Known Member

I dropped my Cerum on a ceramic tile floor and the mouthpiece smashed. Anyone replaced their mouthpiece with a new one (ceramic, glass or otherwise)?

The base and coils are all fine, seems a shame to retire it because of a busted mouthpiece.

7. macbill

macbill Gregarious Misanthrope

8. kej19

kej19 New Member

Hi all,
    anyone using this with hash like Moroccan one ? Thanks

9. hippogriff

hippogriff Well-Known Member

I do bubble hash, which is harder than Moroccan, but I tend to just use an el cheapo from the corner headshop for hash, and reserve my Cerum for butter and wax. So the short answer is yes, but I think the harder stuff will shorten the life of the coils a bit b/c of scientific gunkiness principals. Probably not by much and I'm just coveting my Cerum, so the short answer remains "Yes!".

10. Yocantech

Yocantech Well-Known Member Manufacturer

11. huffmybrd

huffmybrd Member

12. BabyFacedFinster

BabyFacedFinster Capo di tutt'i capi

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I just tried out one of these for the first time. I am new at this type of vaping so I can use a few pointers.

I have the dual quartz coil on an iStick 30W 2200mah mod which I set to 18w. I have not adjusted the voltage.

The amount of CO2 oil I need is minuscule. The oil is the consistency of thick tar.

I guess my questions are:

Does my set-up sound ok?

Also, my CO2 distillate is in those little round jars. I scoop up a small ribbon on my dabber and smear it on the coils. I end up losing a bunch of oil that won't come off the dabber. Is there a more efficient way of transferring my oil from jar to coils?

much obliged for any thoughts my friends

13. karmakid64

karmakid64 Member

I think the donut coil for the cerum is much better
    also try putting the concentrate in the refrigerator for a minute the cold will make it thicker and easier to handle.
    I have the stick 30w but I like my joeyetech primo mini much better but either will do fine:rockon:

tennisguru1 and BabyFacedFinster like this.
  14. BabyFacedFinster

BabyFacedFinster Capo di tutt'i capi

Yes, the donut version will be my next coil. Thanks

15. karmakid64

karmakid64 Member

run donuts at 14-15w also donuts support temp control so I run my donuts at 430f on my primo

tennisguru1 and BabyFacedFinster like this.
  16. Oil Sheik

Oil Sheik New Member

You can cool it a bit to thicken it if necessary , and make a ball .. then use the small end of a tooth pick to apply it to the bottom of your barrel (I like the doughnut coil better).
    When the oil gets heated it splashes to the walls , this is where the doughnut coil is better to vaping it off then the duel coils do.

Also , remember not to vape the cool or frozen oil , it pops/fractures and I think it is wasteful.
    I set mine to 14.5w feels comfortable for me , but when I turn on a newbie to dab I set it to 16.5 .. that way they will understand the comparison of dab to flower smoking.
    Then I let them know 14.5 is good for me .. lol

Just my 2 cents
    Hope this helps.

P.S. it is my personal fav of the rigs I have tried.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors