Xmax Vital Vaporizer (was Xvape)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks for setting me straight on the battery being replaceable. Why would they change or should I say downgrade to a non-removable technology? It was one of the features I liked about the X-max Pro V2.

Yeah I don't know, agreed replacable batteries should be a standard. I asked for more clarification on the price point of this one as well, bc it feels more like an Airistech Viva competitor, below xmax v2 pro kind of in my opinion just holding em (haven't used vital yet), though it is smaller with full temp control and use while charging? All plastic vs metal xmax

smutman

SmutmanMDCXX
I was gonna buy it but only if they had the mouthpieces like one the first post about this plus it sounds like a knock off. Am I wrong?

smutman,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, I'll post more about it after to get more clarifications from the manufacturer but it doesn't impress me at all at this time...especially about the vapor quality!

I got a dab pen called the V-one also, with a donut atty, worked well for 4-5 hits and it doesn't work anymore now!

Shit Snacks

I was gonna buy it but only if they had the mouthpieces like one the first post about this plus it sounds like a knock off. Am I wrong?

It's not a knock off at all, its still fully authentic deisgned by Topgreen to my knowledge. That glass mouthpiece was ruled out long before the samples shipped regardless. I had hoped they would have made it more like the xmax system of silicone at least, with glass too. Asofnow it feels more entry level than even xmax? We'll see what they say about it to know for sure...

smutman

SmutmanMDCXX
It's not a knock off at all, its still fully authentic deisgned by Topgreen to my knowledge. That glass mouthpiece was ruled out long before the samples shipped regardless. I had hoped they would have made it more like the xmax system of silicone at least, with glass too. Asofnow it feels more entry level than even xmax? We'll see what they say about it to know for sure...
Cool, thank you

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Proceeded more testings with this unit and was able to get some cloudier results....will post a complete review+pics soon but, imho, it's not a step forward, and I agree with Shit snacks about the Viva comparison, maybe it's not a KO but it's very similar in shape and functionnality!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
My Vital review:

The Vital comes with a usb cord and cleaning tools, no concentrates cup and no screens or replacement mouthpiece.

Shape is very similar to the Viva, it's small (12x3x2.5cm)and light. In some aspects it reminds me the Titan1, cause the plastic body, mouthpiece and bowl design.
Mouthpiece is made of thick hard plastic with a metal piece with holes acting as a screen, bowl is ceramic.

Bowl is separated from electronics.

To power it on you need to press the power button 3s and it start to heat, + button to heat up (max is 240°C), - button to heat down, heating time is really fast (I didn't count but I think 20s max to 195°C).

Autoshutoff is 5mn but you can change it to 10mn (2s press both power button and6 if i remenber well).

Airflow is very, very large, absolutly no restriction at all.

Battery last 4-6 bowls.

Now the more interesting part, the vapor, the clouds and the effects!

First I made some burnoffs to dissipate the robot fart, but even after that plastic taste was present for several bowls (especially at +210°c).
After that I can say taste is only decent until 210°c(the X-Mas V2 pro taste better imo).

Clouds...where are you? first I set it at 180(374) and...absolutly no visible vapor(very thin vapor) where the x-mas V2 pro give me already thick clouds, using 195-210 I get better results although vapor doesn't get the same consistency even at very high t° vapor comes out very thin and...diffuse? . I think this the result from the very large airflow which dilute vapor with tons of air...

Abv comes out brown, dry and completly done using 195 and 200 for 5mn and 210215 for 2-3mn and effect are presents, only miss the ability to kick you, it's more a sipper than a heavy hitter.

At the end I can say it's a cheap and decent vape that I can carry where I don't want to risk my better vapes, Topgreen doesn't want to make something better than the X-mas V2 pro, only a cheaper device, although they told me they are alredy working on improvements!

Here some pics, for size comparison near of my Haze, Imag plus and ElevapeSV
HomCkLm.jpg

and here the bowl
i0n1AFD.jpg

Thanks

Shit Snacks

My Vital review:

The Vital comes with a usb cord and cleaning tools, no concentrates cup and no screens or replacement mouthpiece.

Shape is very similar to the Viva, it's small (12x3x2.5cm)and light. In some aspects it reminds me the Titan1, cause the plastic body, mouthpiece and bowl design.
Mouthpiece is made of thick hard plastic with a metal piece with holes acting as a screen, bowl is ceramic.

Bowl is separated from electronics.

To power it on you need to press the power button 3s and it start to heat, + button to heat up (max is 240°C), - button to heat down, heating time is really fast (I didn't count but I think 20s max to 195°C).

Autoshutoff is 5mn but you can change it to 10mn (2s press both power button and6 if i remenber well).

Airflow is very, very large, absolutly no restriction at all.

Battery last 4-6 bowls.

Now the more interesting part, the vapor, the clouds and the effects!

First I made some burnoffs to dissipate the robot fart, but even after that plastic taste was present for several bowls (especially at +210°c).
After that I can say taste is only decent until 210°c(the X-Mas V2 pro taste better imo).

Clouds...where are you? first I set it at 180(374) and...absolutly no visible vapor(very thin vapor) where the x-mas V2 pro give me already thick clouds, using 195-210 I get better results although vapor doesn't get the same consistency even at very high t° vapor comes out very thin and...diffuse? . I think this the result from the very large airflow which dilute vapor with tons of air...

Abv comes out brown, dry and completly done using 195 and 200 for 5mn and 210215 for 2-3mn and effect are presents, only miss the ability to kick you, it's more a sipper than a heavy hitter.

At the end I can say it's a cheap and decent vape that I can carry where I don't want to risk my better vapes, Topgreen doesn't want to make something better than the X-mas V2 pro, only a cheaper device, although they told me they are alredy working on improvements!

Here some pics, for size comparison near of my Haze, Imag plus and ElevapeSV
HomCkLm.jpg

and here the bowl
i0n1AFD.jpg

Thanks

Nice write up PPN, still haven't used mine with herbs. Smell did seem to improve a bit but still too plasticky overall for my tastes, but I could be flavor snobby at least...

Yes they told my this will be priced lower than xmax, so probably a better alternative to Titan and Viva, it is nice to have a known reputable company provide on option at this level (not that i can compare directly myself). They are always working to improve as evidenced by the many xmax iterations before the current standard was reached.

I was also told a true convection pen ala the Hopper is in development (shocker) so more on that in a few months probably

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Yes they told my this will be priced lower than xmax, so probably a better alternative to Titan and Viva

Priced lower than X-max? I got the X-max for $61 with free shipping and a free 4 part aluminum grinder. If they price it lower than the X-max I may have to buy one just to keep it as a backup for my backup :tup:

VaporFreak

I got my xmax v2 pro three weeks ago and I am very impressed! It's my first vaporizer and we love it with my gf since the first use.:love: After I saw a review of the Vital on YouTube by Ruff house Studios, I was thinking that it would be a successor for xmax, but the rule bigger = better isn't working in this case haha. :D Anyway, I am looking forward for news about this vape and other new devices by topgreen and thank you guys for your thoughts and opinions here on FC, you helped me to get into the vaping! :)

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Not very impressed at all judging by the results from that review.

I'm gonna reserve judgement until it's been out awhile and the info on draw path, battery, etc....is reviewed in detail more. But I have to agree...the video wasn't spectacular but depending on the price point, as I mentioned above....I may pick one up as a backup to my backup.

His_Highness,

matixz3

anybody else got this one? very interested in it. I'm afraid of the plastic flavor, as i have a titan 2 and it still got that flavor even after several uses. Does the bubbler make this any better? does it fix the plastic flavor at high temps?Thanks

Lutin malin

@matixz3: I doubt a bubbler would change anything.

Received the white model yesterday. Looks and feels nice. Very light and thin compared to the Ascent. Soft to the touch and buttons are not too hard to press, I like that.
To the review above, I will add that the metal filter in the mouthpiece can be unscrewed for cleaning.
The first empty-puffs/burnoffs reeked solvent (coming from steel wool used to insulate bowl, methinks). Now, only a faint plastic smell (empty bowl, max temp.)
I'm puzzled by the airflow though, because the air vents are around the bowl and the air intake is at the bottom of the bowl, so air has to pass through the body (electronics) before reaching the bowl...
Besides, I see no holes inside to help that air path 0_o

Aside from that, I got a "sensor error" once...
Also, I noticed that sometimes, the unit won't warm up if it is cooling down... But I haven't nailed the details exactly yet.
And the user manual doesn't give any details regarding these issues.

Oh, regarding warmup: about 30 secs to reach 160oC and 80 secs for 240oC (max).

Any tips from experienced users regarding bowl packing and other usage tips?
This thread is so empty!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Vital improved version is coming soon (as well a new wax pen ...).

I expect Topgreen listen us and make battery user replacable, a better body and improved vaping experience...cause previous version was really bad. I would like to see the x-max quality...at least.

More to come!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Ok, i get the Vital new version since some days...a bit disappointed since the battery is not user replacable and the body is still plastic....ALTHOUGH it works a lot better!

This vape got the less restricted airflow I never seen in a portable...i thought (for the previous version) it was cause of the bad performances but Xvape was able to keep this airflow improving the clouds production, now I can get clouds using lower temp. It's completly different than the X-max experience, vapor is less concentrated, diluted...this help for smooth, but definitly potent!

Did i mention it heat really fast, 200°c in less of 30s!

My other concern about the previous version was the huge plastic taste at +200°C, the last one is quasi neutral on this topic and i didn't see any offgassing duing burn-offs (there was a very thin fume with the Imag3).

They improved the mouthpiece also, you can take off the filter screen for cleaning now.

Here a bad pic of the mp to see the new filter screen, you can see the rubber mouthpiece for micro-bubbler as well!
r7sVYdZ.jpg

It retails for 79.99$, you can get a glass mp and a 14mm glass tip as accessories, battery is samsung 2600mah.
Here a pic of glass accessories:
uI7Ajg8.jpg

It works, taste decent, produces clouds and medicate you but, except if a unrestricted airflow is really important for you, I would prefer the X-max from Xvape strictly about vapor quality and the experience it offers (as well metal body and user replacable battery) although in the stealth department the Vital wins, i can palm it and nobody see what i get in hand. I'm not sure but I think it is 20$ cheaper than the X-max.

It makes the job, it's definitly not the vape for a connoisseur but a good contender as a first inexpensive and decent vaporizer.

Don't hesitate to ask what you want, I'll try my better to reply!

gienkollo

I bought this one too, for a Titan 2 replacement i'm realy satisfied with quality/price it was great purchase for this money.

fargusfaustmeister

PPN I have a question for you about reliability of this unit; I've been looking at vapes for a week now and my local cape shop has this unit in stock. I've not been able to find too much about it, so how is the reliability so far? Also, how would you rate this vape for "On-Demand" use? Thanks guys, FC has been a major help in my search for an inexpensive, reliable vaporizer for mmj.

fargusfaustmeister,
Reactions: PPN

PPN

Volute of Vapor
It is a plastic body unit, so I bet it's not the better for drops tests. Although the 2 Vital's I got are still working (in friends hands now), heating time is very fast and can match your "on demand" wish but I used them as a session vape. To connect to bubbler you need to play with some piece of silicone tubing or buy the micro bubbler mp, take off the micro-bubbler and plug a 14mm male/18mm male adaptater for easy connexion!

Glad to help you!

edit: habitually I prefer to recommand the X-Max by X-Vape cause the better vapor quality and building quality.

matixz3

Hello, I got a shipment on december 2015, Im about to run out of them. No issues at all, very reliable. Overall I feel more than satisfied with the product, bubbler makes a big difference. Looking for some halogen vapes now, hehe.

matixz3,
Hi all, thought I'd throw in my two cents and add some details, basically confirming most of all PPN has said before.

I had a second-hand Vital fail shortly after receiving it. The American reps were extremely helpful, replaced the unit free of charge and even included one of the free bubblers w/ silicone mouthpiece. Thanks to them for that.

The normal mouthpiece is rigid plastic. Battery life is seemingly great from a single 18650, heat up time is excellent, flavor leaves something to be desired but is perfectly reasonable, vapor density average. Smaller than it looks in pictures, light too, very similar to Pax1 in size. Redesigned second mouthpiece has much more free-flowing design with a real screen, almost too much, allows the user to overcome the heater somewhat requiring a sip-and-sit approach at times. First mouthpiece design was a steel plate with holes punched in, both designs have merit. The bubbler is a great idea but the restriction is annoyingly great although hardly unusable. Silicone mouthpiece is great and should be included with all Vitals, seals to 19mm females and to many adapters, doesn't pop off easily like most silicone mouthpieces including the Xmax2.

The maximum temperature is QUITE high, resulting in darker ABV than any Solo on 7. I think combustion could be possible if a single bowl were left and puffed on for 3 or 4 cycles on maximum, although only a madman would do this. This leaves me hopeful it will work great with concentrates.

Part of me loves single-digit temperature controls with a beautiful OLED screen, the other part of me hates squinting at tiny digits and might truly prefer a simpler set of predefined temps in a stepped progression indicated by lights I can see at a glimpse, ala Solo and Air. The display is great looking, I've always loved OLED displays, dem vivid blacks. Given the nice display and the impressive number of pixels they should design some silly-ass games into it like the Pax 2.

A cheap and cheerful vaporizer, given it is under $50 in many online marketplaces. Lack of replaceable battery is a buzzkill in the long run but I suppose you could always gift, sell at discount, or retire the Vital to pass-thru duty when that time comes. There's (presumably legit?) Vitals for $41 floating around, and at that price I would consider it good as the vacation vaporizer that could be brought along and left behind potentially. It truly fails in no department except its lack of a modular battery.

The Vital's ability to go down all the way to 212f should make it appealing to vaporists looking to try other herbs with low temp requirements.

Simple hold-for-five second activation leaves me fearful of unintentional pocket vaporizing sessions around squares. Something like the Xmax 2 activation would be better. Other comparisons to the Xvape 2 are interesting, as the Vital has much faster heat up and higher temps and seemingly superior battery life, but Xmax2 delivers better taste and clouds.

Last edited:

Ricardo

Hi guys. I bought one of these as a backup for my DaVinci Ascent. It certainly delivers insofar as it medicates very efficiently and flavour is OK at lowish temperatures (up to 195°C/383°F). My first impression was that the vapor was not especially harsh/hot but I did notice some throat irritation after a few days....
I have a few questions which hopefully someone can answer -
FIRST - What is the best way of loading the chamber? On my first session I just dropped some herb in and vaped. I was very impressed by the easy draw - can't figure out how the ventilation works but I liked it. HOWEVER, when I emptied the ABV I saw that a fair bit had stuck to the mouthpiece screen. So, next session I tamped down the load, dropped a small screen on top and a larger one at the top of the chamber (where it meets the mouthpiece). In this way the mouthpiece screen stays unclogged but I'm not getting such an easy draw..... So, what do you reckon is the best way to load it given I will normally not pack it full?
ALSO, at the bottom of the chamber there are 5 tiny holes (as mentioned by Lutin malin) presumably for ventilation... but through the electrics??? These are covered by a fixed fine mesh screen, but isn't there a possibility that some finely ground material could drop down into the interior? And isn't that bottom screen going to gunk up over time?
FINALLY, what about cleaning? I don't want to REMOVE the upper mouthpiece screen as that rubber (plastic/silicone?) ring is just going to snap or get lost. Do you think it's OK to just soak the entire mouthpiece in ISO?
I'd really appreciate any advice here :peace:

Last edited:
Ricardo,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Do you think it's OK to just soak the entire mouthpiece in ISO?
I think not, they don't use an ISO resistant plastic I bet. I don't get my units in hands anymore although....
but through the electrics??? These are covered by a fixed fine mesh screen, but isn't there a possibility that some finely ground material could drop down into the interior? And isn't that bottom screen going to gunk up over time?
Isolation from electric components is somewhat "rudimentaire". There is not so much possibilities dust is coming under the screen cause you pull it away from it while drawing. The bottom screen can be gunked with time , maybe you'll have to clean it twice a year.

Hope that helps!

PPN,
Reactions: Ricardo
Top Bottom