Xvape Vista e-rig/e-nail

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, I'm in contact with Xvape and they sent me some infos about a new product they are launching: the Vista is an e-nail/e-rig using a quartz cup. Looks similar to the Henail or Boost but is more modulable since you can use it with your bubblers/recyclers also.

Here a features list the manufacturer provide me:
1, XVAPE VISTA
E-Nail and E-Rig 2 in 1 concentrate vaporizer.
1, With whole quartz heating cup, no any exposed metal and conncetion with wax when using.
2, 4 temperature settings. 3 clicks to turn on/off. 2 clicks to setting temperature. 1 click to start heating. (Light flashing means heating, no need to hold the button when heating, 20 seconds one time)
3, Fits both on 14/18mm Male and Female Water Pipes.
4, Fast Heating: Only 3 seconds to 300°C (572°F)
5, Pass Through Operation Allows Use While Charging.

And a link for a video:

I never tested the concurrence but I'll receive one of these bad boys tomorrow, let me some days to fully test it!

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Looks like it has potential, I wiil be watching with interest.

I'm especially Intrigued by the vapor path through the device whilst using the joint on the bottom.
Is it removable?
What's it made of?

These questions may already be addressed in the video, but I have no audio ATM, apologies if they explain these details.

I also wonder if the battery /ies are replaceable?

I hope you like it @PPN:buzz::science::popcorn:

Copacetic,
Reactions: macbill

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hey I got these to sample recently, I only used a couple times bc I gave em to a buddy who is into dabs. The glass cracked on the first one, though it still worked. He's got a second one now, but they are also working to make the glass and o rings better, and we told them to make the base wider for better balance as well. We'll see how it shakes out, it was definitely effective as an enail and has some cool capabilities like plugging it into any size bubbler while also using the included bubbler, so two people can hit at the same time.

We also have their new Muse, it's got quartz dual coil and donut atomizers and is cameoflaged like a pen that can actually write (inkless graphite). It is sexy metal like the grasshopper and seems to work quite well...

Neither have replaceable batteries unfortunately, but they told us that they are high quality samsung and software ebsures a long life for them at least... Oh tease they've also got an herbal convection unit coming.
Gotta love Topgreen!

Hoosier

Hi, I'm in contact with Xvape and they sent me some infos about a new product they are launching: the Vista is an e-nail/e-rig using a quartz cup. Looks similar to the Henail or Boost but is more modulable since you can use it with your bubblers/recyclers also.

Here a features list the manufacturer provide me:
1, XVAPE VISTA
E-Nail and E-Rig 2 in 1 concentrate vaporizer.
1, With whole quartz heating cup, no any exposed metal and conncetion with wax when using.
2, 4 temperature settings. 3 clicks to turn on/off. 2 clicks to setting temperature. 1 click to start heating. (Light flashing means heating, no need to hold the button when heating, 20 seconds one time)
3, Fits both on 14/18mm Male and Female Water Pipes.
4, Fast Heating: Only 3 seconds to 300°C (572°F)
5, Pass Through Operation Allows Use While Charging.

And a link for a video:

I never tested the concurrence but I'll receive one of these bad boys tomorrow, let me some days to fully test it!

The suspense is killing me! I have one of these in my shopping cart, but don't want to pull the trigger without some positive feedback.

Hoosier,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Ok, a quick report before my full review: the unit looks like a quality well made unit, it comes with a nice bubbler and 2 coils. Coils are totally different than I ever seen, in fact it's a sort of encapsuled coil in a quartz body. When unit start heating you can see the ccoil starting to glow and to vaporize your concentrates. When you start heating you start a 20s cycle but it's better to wait some seconds before to inhale cause the coil doesn't heat instantly, you can add another 20s heating pushing the button once and you can stop heating pushing the button twice (2 times).

My first heating element is still in good shape after 4 uses, it didn't broke.

I only used the lower heating setting and it seems a bit too harsh, it's a 300°C setting and I dab habitually at 250°C, Topgreen (aka x-vape) told me they are working on a new heating element for lower t° to fix this issue for low t° lover, I'll get one soon ...

Actually I can use it connected to a high diffusion water tools setup to avoid too much harsh or stop heating cycle a bit before the end of the 20s cycle.

Taste is rather nice for a battery powered device, closer than expected to my e-nail.

The base is heavy enough but the unit with the hydratube could be knocked down....yes a bit wider baser could help too.

Can't speak about the concurrence but the Vista offers the closest e-nail experience a portable device can match (definitly better than the Torchless and more portable than the Ihit)....actually. But there is some little things to improve, especially for low t°.

ps: somebody asked about the vaporpath through the device while used with a waterpipe: it is only 2 ss tubing...

Hoosier

Ok, a quick report before my full review: the unit looks like a quality well made unit, it comes with a nice bubbler and 2 coils. Coils are totally different than I ever seen, in fact it's a sort of encapsuled coil in a quartz body. When unit start heating you can see the ccoil starting to glow and to vaporize your concentrates. When you start heating you start a 20s cycle but it's better to wait some seconds before to inhale cause the coil doesn't heat instantly, you can add another 20s heating pushing the button once and you can stop heating pushing the button twice (2 times).

My first heating element is still in good shape after 4 uses, it didn't broke.

I only used the lower heating setting and it seems a bit too harsh, it's a 300°C setting and I dab habitually at 250°C, Topgreen (aka x-vape) told me they are working on a new heating element for lower t° to fix this issue for low t° lover, I'll get one soon ...

Actually I can use it connected to a high diffusion water tools setup to avoid too much harsh or stop heating cycle a bit before the end of the 20s cycle.

Taste is rather nice for a battery powered device, closer than expected to my e-nail.

The base is heavy enough but the unit with the hydratube could be knocked down....yes a bit wider baser could help too.

Can't speak about the concurrence but the Vista offers the closest e-nail experience a portable device can match (definitly better than the Torchless and more portable than the Ihit)....actually. But there is some little things to improve, especially for low t°.

ps: somebody asked about the vaporpath through the device while used with a waterpipe: it is only 2 ss tubing...

Thank you for the mini review. I went ahead yesterday and purchased one from edabsdirect (looks like they are only ones with it right now) --they ship from a state over, so hopefully I will be "testing" by this weekend!

Hoosier

@PPN - my tracking says I should be getting my vista today. Any tips/tricks you have discovered yet?

Hoosier,

Hoosier

Did it end up coming yesterday? If so how is it?

It did! Overall, very impressive kit. PPN is spot on in assessment. I almost exclusively micro dose these days, and this thing hangs right there with my enail in terms of performance for small dabs. The higher temps are overkill, and I have settled into the lowest two. I am using lowest setting with the hydrotube and the 2nd with my rig. I think I prefer it on my rig. Have been playing with preload vs. directly applying hot dab. Preload seems to work best in early trials.

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
@Hoosier & @PPN, have either of you been informed what pricing will be?

So the coil is integrated into a quartz 'cup', is that right?

Copacetic,
Reactions: PPN

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@Hoosier & @PPN, have either of you been informed what pricing will be?

So the coil is integrated into a quartz 'cup', is that right?

Yeah I think they said full retail is supposed to be $250, so 199 is pretty good, but they may add some improvements (in which case I'm sure they'd send you the latest version if you had bought the old one and asked them). The Muse is gonna go for like $120 I believe

Hoosier

Putting this thing to the test. Going head to head with my enail and hanging quite well. I am using a flat coil quartz dish dhgate enail. Dab vs. Dab, I have found that the Vista on the lowest setting can deliver almost identical results when attached to the same glass piece. Taste & delivery are on point. I am preloading the very small dab on the Vista. Cutting edge stuff.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Very glad you like it!

I'm not able to give it a lot of tests cause I'm very low in concentrates.... but' i'm under the impression I will look for some kief to process, although I prefer extracts from flowers!

PPN,

Yancy Fry Jr.

Un-Known Member
Hey y'all @Shit Snacks tuned me in to this and Topgreen sent a test unit my way which was just delivered! Gonna give it a little test tonight and tomorrow and will report back. I'm a little bit of a newb when it comes to concentrates, I've been using a Yocan Evolve regular (not plus) with ceramic donuts (I prefer taste over performance), so apologies in advance for anything dumb I say.

This will be my first concentrate rig so I'm definitely going to have things to say about the glass, its quality, how it diffuses etc and it's also going to be the first time I've had temperature control for concentrate which I assume is going to open a whole new world to me.

I actually created the monster that is @Shit Snacks by cluing him into the Thermovape T1 back in 2012 (that I bought through Amazon!) and down the rabbit hole he went with me along for the ride. My primary is an OG 1st gen Triihouse Daisy that I love maybe a little too much.

Will report back with pictures and first impressions later today/tomorrow!

Hoosier

Hey y'all @Shit Snacks tuned me in to this and Topgreen sent a test unit my way which was just delivered! Gonna give it a little test tonight and tomorrow and will report back. I'm a little bit of a newb when it comes to concentrates, I've been using a Yocan Evolve regular (not plus) with ceramic donuts (I prefer taste over performance), so apologies in advance for anything dumb I say.

This will be my first concentrate rig so I'm definitely going to have things to say about the glass, its quality, how it diffuses etc and it's also going to be the first time I've had temperature control for concentrate which I assume is going to open a whole new world to me.

I actually created the monster that is @Shit Snacks by cluing him into the Thermovape T1 back in 2012 (that I bought through Amazon!) and down the rabbit hole he went with me along for the ride. My primary is an OG 1st gen Triihouse Daisy that I love maybe a little too much.

Will report back with pictures and first impressions later today/tomorrow!

Cool. If you are chasing terps, you probably wont use much of the temp control on the Vista. You will likely just stick to the lowest temp. Start with very, very small dabs (pre-load, cap and then heat) and work your way upto larger one's--- looking forward to hearing your tips & tricks really soon!

Yancy Fry Jr.

Un-Known Member
Cool. If you are chasing terps, you probably wont use much of the temp control on the Vista. You will likely just stick to the lowest temp. Start with very, very small dabs (pre-load, cap and then heat) and work your way upto larger one's--- looking forward to hearing your tips & tricks really soon!

So newb question: what is the benefits to a higher temp when it comes to concentrates?

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Here my humble review of the Vista by XVape:

First a pic to show you the engine paired with its own bubbler
zlZvLT3.jpg

As mentionned before the building quality is awesome, everything fits perfectly each other parts, it comes with 2 coils, charger, glass top for bubblers use, glass water tool, top lid, base and replacements o-ring. Everything comes in a nice case to carry it around.

Heating element is a cup of quartz with an encapsuled heater and the quartz cup is itself encapsuled in a metal body which is a guarantee there is no glue....I think (I'll try to get a nice pic of the coil soon...).

The heating cycle is 20s!!! too much for my poors lungs, even at lower setting....although you can stop the heating cycle pressing the main button twice.

I'm awaiting for an alpha coil made for lower t° (especially for me!!! I can't believe that!), I get high expectations this one can match a true e-nail in term of taste/clouds!

Battery life is very good, after 7-8 dabs I'm still on a quasi full charge. You can charge it with a classic USB cord. Can't comment about the charging time yet.

Cleaning seems rather easy since you have only to put some drops of ISO in the cup, although there is some splashes on the top lid.

Hoosier, where did you place your dab? in the cup side or in the middle (center)? I put my dabs on the center but it seems to create a small build-up here... Habitually I start on lower setting for 2 short cycles and I finish the dab with a setting 2 heating cycle. There is some left over but after 2-3 dabs I heat it a bit hotter to clean it although I didn't used the higher setting at all.

Last thing, the watertool is a decent quality tool, works well, seems solid enough and I like it's straight.

All in all it's a very good tool for water filtered dabbing, a bit big for a "on the go" unit, but very comfortable to use at home and without to forget to mention how close of an e-nail it is in term of taste!
Sure it's a really big step forward since the V-one wax pen!!

Hoosier

Hoosier, where did you place your dab? in the cup side or in the middle (center)? I put my dabs on the center but it seems to create a small build-up here... Habitually I start on lower setting for 2 short cycles and I finish the dab with a setting 2 heating cycle. There is some left over but after 2-3 dabs I heat it a bit hotter to clean it although I didn't used the higher setting at all.

Yes, I have found that preloading a small dab on the center post and using the lowest heat setting is the way to go. It does get a little build up, but using a slightly damp q-tip while it is still warm, and it cleans right up.

After a week of use (8+ times a day) This is the best battery-operated enail that I have used yet. I use it on my rig and with its included glass almost equally. Have only recharged once, and that was more because I didn't know how much charge was left, not because it needed it.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
More I use this device more i think it is a keeper! There is a lot of heat retention so I can use a 10-12s heating time to get smooth flavorfull hits (at level 1 or 2), the first 4-5s I let to heat without drawing and I start to draw slowly until I see the vapor thickness increases and I release the button and continue the hit for 5-10s. This method helps to avoid the harshness of a full heating cycle for sensitive lungs like mines.

The issue is: each time you push the button twice to stop the heating cycle you increase t° from setting one to setting 2 (and the same for each others settings...)...for the next hit. It's nice cause increase t° after each hits could be a smart feature...except if you want to keep the t° low (like me), in this case you must to push 3x2 times the button to go back to your favourite t°....not a big deal but a bit annoying. It's could be better to replace the "add another cycle" feature (while pressing the button once) by a simple start/stop feature while pressing once the button.

It does get a little build up, but using a slightly damp q-tip while it is still warm, and it cleans right up.

Thanks for the tip! my heating element (still using the first one) is like new now. I don't understand why I didn't think about this tip alone since I use it for my e-nail....maybe too much dabs from this "Moroccan kief bho" I homemade somedays ago. I still prefer to dab it with my e-nail but I have big hopes the low temp heating element will fix that and will provides me it's amazing pinus taste!

tylerj55

3edx3cE.jpg
Went to pack my vista today and saw this. Kind of bothers me there is a gasket but I assume it's fine since it's not charred or anything. What do you guys think?

*edit* Also, does anybody know where to get replacement atomizers? Haven't found em anywhere besides their website which says they are out of stock.

tylerj55,
Top Bottom