Multi-brand Xmax V2 Vaporizer (also Atmos Astra)

GEED

Gaseouser
Just a quick update on X-MAX's reputation: after discussing several of my concerns, I have been granted with a full refund for three units, without the requirement of sending them back! A truly generous move from a company, certainly aiming high. I am in hope now to achieve some even higher goals, making all concerns may arise today to be obsolete in the future, as they seem to listen consumers reviews! Keep an eye on X-MAX :D

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Alright just got the latest (and what appears to be the final) version of the xmax v2 pro.

Button presses have been changed to 3 presses to turn on, then hold down to engage heater. You can keep holding down to cycle temps, and it still remembers your last temp. Also now the LEDs flash when heating up, and go solid when ready to vape, just like Imag and FlowerMate. Works really well and intuitively so far for my burn offs...

I also have a glass mouthpiece and gong here like the Storm, and it seems now they are including a little tall pouch to store the vape in, and as hand protection from the hot body on higher temps, a nice edition. Manual and box have been updated finally as well, it seems this is the version we've been waiting for...

max

Out to lunch
Button presses have been changed to 3 presses to turn on, then hold down to engage heater.
That's a nice improvement.
it still remembers your last temp.
That's good when you're still on the same bowl, but not so good when you've loaded a fresh one (unless you use the same temp all the time). At least you can change temps by just holding the button down.
it seems now they are including a little tall pouch to store the vape in, and as hand protection from the hot body on higher temps
I've noticed that my Storm does get hot on the top half after a while, but the bottom half stays OK for handling.

Shit Snacks

That's a nice improvement.

That's good when you're still on the same bowl, but not so good when you've loaded a fresh one (unless you use the same temp all the time). At least you can change temps by just holding the button down.

I've noticed that my Storm does get hot on the top half after a while, but the bottom half stays OK for handling.

Yeah I agree, remembering last temp is a blessing and a curse in every other vape. At least here it's much quicker to adjust it, say compared to the HipVap.

The bottom can get a bit hit here, but I am doing max temp, moderately back to back burn offs... We'll see how goes in use. Smells actually pretty neutral, but I'm just being extra safe running several empty sessions as before

Shit Snacks,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Pretty sure my XMax remembers the last temp when it shuts itself off. Am I crazy?

EDIT:
I understand the new feature was when YOU turn it off.

paytonpenn,

Shit Snacks

Pretty sure my XMax remembers the last temp when it shuts itself off. Am I crazy?

EDIT:
I understand the new feature was when YOU turn it off.

Yes yes, that one is not a new feature, yours and my old ones remembered the last temp as well. Maybe even the original unisolated airpath version did too.

Its just now you're holding the button down to engage the heater and cycle the temps, so it feels different but still functions the same

Shit Snacks,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Is it still 428 max temp? That low max temp is my biggest gripe.

Also how long of hold to engage heater?

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Is it still 428 max temp? That low max temp is my biggest gripe.

Also how long of hold to engage heater?

Yup still 428. You want higher? For wax presumably? I never tried it for that, only herbs for me pretty much. They're actually working on a new wax vape though, you should contact them about testing it, looks nice.

You hold the button and it cycles a temp every 3 seconds I think. I'll time it again next time to confirm. Just isoed, burning off again and will test soon

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Yup still 428. You want higher? For wax presumably? I never tried it for that, only herbs for me pretty much. They're actually working on a new wax vape though, you should contact them about testing it, looks nice.

You hold the button and it cycles a temp every 3 seconds I think. I'll time it again next time to confirm. Just isoed, burning off again and will test soon
Not really for wax, I am currently using my T-Vape for abv, but my Xmax seems to take forever to fully extract a load and even then it doesn't.

Shit Snacks

Not really for wax, I am currently using my T-Vape for abv, but my Xmax seems to take forever to fully extract a load and even then it doesn't.

Ah I see, yes tvape certainly gets hot, my 2.0 combusted too easily so got rid of it. I don't really like to take a conduction vape that high anyhow personally

Shit Snacks,

max

Out to lunch
Yeah I agree, remembering last temp is a blessing and a curse in every other vape. At least here it's much quicker to adjust it, say compared to the HipVap.
I'd say quicker compared to something like the Storm, where you have have to click as many as 12 times (in groups of 3 clicks) to change temps (from level 2 back to level one). I find the HipVap very quick and easy for changing temps myself. I can go from 420 F down to 350 in about 3 seconds. For some reason the HV also does a great job with heat dissipation. I've found it always easy to handle even during an extended vaping session. I love the HV for its stealth and ease of use, but prefer the X-Max/Storm design for actual vaping use.

Shit Snacks

I'd say quicker compared to something like the Storm, where you have have to click as many as 12 times (in groups of 3 clicks) to change temps (from level 2 back to level one). I find the HipVap very quick and easy for changing temps myself. I can go from 420 F down to 350 in about 3 seconds. For some reason the HV also does a great job with heat dissipation. I've found it always easy to handle even during an extended vaping session. I love the HV for its stealth and ease of use, but prefer the X-Max/Storm design for actual vaping use.

Interesting, yeah HipVap is fairly quick, I have had very different experiences with it. Neither are unbearably hot on the lowest temps I use most often, but get quite hot on 400+ temps. I get much better results with the xmax oven than the HipVap, and compared to other metal ovens even my Herbstick Deluxe seems to cook better, though still no conduction session vape has matched my Indica's oven yet in overall performance imo

Haha thanks @Wzfbaby7, such a great show for vaping of course

So far its working great, the button pressing is much more streamlined now, and the glass mouthpiece was much nicer and cooler than the silicone, and the 14mm gong work really really well in my tree perc bubbler, both have open airflow with mesh screens and better taste too. Insulation material might have improved again as well, I'll have to find out if anything else was changed. So far overall it functions pretty much the same as before, but a little better in a couple small but key ways.

Shit Snacks,

Shit Snacks

EDIT looks like a mis-timed the button holding, its more like 2sec to engage heater/cycle temps, and that's what it says on the website, its been very intuitive for me. So far its still working a bit better with these latest improvements, seems fully ready for primetime now, even taste seems a bit better and the gong connector is great for direct draw at low temps, then flipping right on to a bubbler for higher temps.

Shit Snacks,
Hi guys. My friend has the latest X-Max V2 and in the manual it states usage whilst charging is not allowed. However elsewhere I've seen someone say that usage whilst charging is fine. So is the manual incorrect? Appreciate any help. Many thanks.

newvaperlookingforanswers,

Shit Snacks

Hi guys. My friend has the latest X-Max V2 and in the manual it states usage whilst charging is not allowed. However elsewhere I've seen someone say that usage whilst charging is fine. So is the manual incorrect? Appreciate any help. Many thanks.

Manual is correct, do not use while charging. Even though it may work, it can damage the battery or other electronics. Best to just buy a two pack of Samsung 25Rs and an nitecore charger for like $25 total on amazon so you can just swap low batteries

Manual is correct, do not use while charging. Even though it may work, it can damage the battery or other electronics. Best to just buy a two pack of Samsung 25Rs and an nitecore charger for like $25 total on amazon so you can just swap low batteries

Understood, I'll let him know about buying more batteries. Also if you have the time I've got a question over at Ask FC which could use your expertise. Thanks very much for the reply! :)

newvaperlookingforanswers,

HappyH

Hi guys!

The new button operation is a solid improvement.

Can anyone tell me how they've experienced using better quality batteries with this vaporizer? Undeniably the stock ones aren't that good so i want to know if battery life and also heat up time is in improved with a different battery. After some quick researching ive read the Samsun 25r 18650 battery is a great battery for vaporizers, a high discharge with a solid capacity. Shit Snacks you mentioned that model also; if you could let me know your experience with it thatd be great!

any other experiences with different batteries would be greatly appreciated with the Xmax Pro

Always good to head out with some extra batteries on stand by just in case... for adventure sake.

thanks all!
from down under
cheers

Shit Snacks

Hi guys!

The new button operation is a solid improvement.

Can anyone tell me how they've experienced using better quality batteries with this vaporizer? Undeniably the stock ones aren't that good so i want to know if battery life and also heat up time is in improved with a different battery. After some quick researching ive read the Samsun 25r 18650 battery is a great battery for vaporizers, a high discharge with a solid capacity. Shit Snacks you mentioned that model also; if you could let me know your experience with it thatd be great!

any other experiences with different batteries would be greatly appreciated with the Xmax Pro

Always good to head out with some extra batteries on stand by just in case... for adventure sake.

thanks all!
from down under
cheers

The 25Rs work fine and were recommended by Topgreen, they also said Sony VTC8 or whatever would be the best, and LG was good too. I've found they offer the same battery life as the stock battery though, which is fine for me at 45min to an hour depending on temps. Not like the original battery life of the non- isolated airpath version, that was only like 15-20min.

max

Out to lunch
Not like the original battery life of the non- isolated airpath version, that was only like 15-20min.
That's significant. The battery Vapefiend sells for the Storm is also a good one, and may be a good option, depending on your location.

HappyH

Okay great thanks for the info!
Do the newer batteries have a difference appearance?

My earlier version (still isolated) has the same 'great power' along the battery as my pro has. I've found the battery life to be around the 30 minute mark on medium to high temperatures.

I might start testing with different batteries with a higher capacity to try and extend usage time.

Thanks all
Happy H

HappyH,

Shit Snacks

Okay great thanks for the info!
Do the newer batteries have a difference appearance?

My earlier version (still isolated) has the same 'great power' along the battery as my pro has. I've found the battery life to be around the 30 minute mark on medium to high temperatures.

I might start testing with different batteries with a higher capacity to try and extend usage time.

Thanks all
Happy H

Ah yeah using higher temps could be it, I always use 356 and 374 heavily.

Batteries in all version seems to be same great power 2200mah dark blues. My Samsung 25Rs are 2500mah but no difference. Maybe a 2900mah Sony would...

Shit Snacks,
Top Bottom