• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Multi-brand Xmax V2 Vaporizer (also Atmos Astra)

ep221718

Can someone please elaborate on isolated airpath. Also when using dryed herbs, will the unit get damaged if the screen is removed from the bottom of the heating chamber?

ep221718,

sidewing

In response. This is my opinion. The isolated air path I think was intended to serve 2 purposes. One is creating more air flow, and the other is protecting the components inside from getting resin buildup.

The screen in the bottom will not directly damage the unit if it's removed IMO. But I believe it helps protect tiny specks of herb from falling into the air holes below and clogging them.

The biggest issue I've had with it was the tiny holes in the metal separator inside the mouthpiece. It has 5 tiny holes, then another metal screen on the back side (mouth piece side) to prevent herb from being inhaled or going into your mouth. I drilled a hole where the 5 tiny holes were because they clog very quickly with resin. I basically drilled about 80 percent of the part out, leaving a little lip so the screen could still sit on it. It's been working flawlessly since.

It's best to empty herb out as soon as you're done. Take mouthpiece off and blow thru quickly to remove any particles from mouthpiece screen. Then dump out the main chamber. It comes out much easier when warm.

I've been mediating exclusively with this since I got it and I love it. I can use it all day for about 10 three minute bowls off one charge. Then I just plug it in at bedtime like my phone. Monster vape rips are possible, especially on the first hits. It never combusts. It'll vape every last crystal off without combustion. I use my Santa Cruz shredder and pack the bowl to the very top and even press it down and in slightly and level it off at the top. No problems with air flow or combustion.

sidewing,

eimppi

I bought this pen because it was said to have a wax and oil capability. Unfortunately now i see that i get barely any vapor and most of my product it getting wated. Really sucks that i spent 100$ on this. Tried this with and without the wax cup. Might be fine with flower but thats not really what i bought it for. Im actually pretty pissed cause now that ive used it i wont be able to return it.

eimppi,

sidewing

i did not have much luck using bubblebag hash in mine either. really really light vapor even on highest heat. in the cup and not in the wax cup same result. i thought maybe it might have been the quality of my extract since its just general pull hash and not full melt or anything. in my opinion the pens out right now are you have to buy one strictly for herb or strictly for oil. seems most of the ones out for oil work great. i have a simple inexpesive one (o-phos) that worked great, i just dont like to smoke oil. astra been working great for herb though still with daily use and a 3 day vacation under its belt also. i think i recall one of the other ones (nearly same vape pen, diff name) had a little higher 'highest temp' setting than this one. maybe that little bit would make a difference.

sidewing,

FrigginRights

Yeah, this is just a rebranded Xmax V2, I looked at some more youtube videos and didnt see anything different from the original. And it is overpriced, 199.99 USD...

FrigginRights

The Xmax V2 is available for purchase 79.99. Compared to the rebranded versions and non-rebranded versions this is the lowest price available.

Modnote: link removed

Last edited by a moderator:
FrigginRights,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Is there anywhere to purchase the latest version in the USA, or is Vapefiend the best way to go?

Looking for a small portable vape to tide me over until my Grasshopper is shipped (most likely preordering the GH later today)

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I am getting a new v2 sample to test out later today, I'll be able to compare it to the original version and new Imag+, FlowerMate, and Herbstick.

Have you ordered yet @Ratchett ?

Lol, nope, chickened out. My wife is already pissed that I ordered a Grasshopper! :lol:
Hopefully that order for some new glass doesn't get delivered while she's home... :rolleyes:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Lol, nope, chickened out. My wife is already pissed that I ordered a Grasshopper! :lol:
Hopefully that order for some new glass doesn't get delivered while she's home... :rolleyes:

Hahaha ofcourse. Well I'll let you know what you're missing at least

moodster80

I have tried vapefiends storm pen and got to admit its a nice bit of kit with its isolated airpath get some real nice hits from it !

Shit Snacks

Burn offs went well, button clicks are better. Can tell airpath is sealed, blowing into holes on sides only connected to oven. Usb and led sealed off, very nice.

Luckily I now have four batteries to use with it, so far I haven't seen red, got multiple burn off sessions on 428 and it was still green. Luckily I also have the nitecore, and broken in mouthpiece from my old xmax. New one will have to be soaked in iso too when I get a chance to get rid of silicone test. Also have to take out the s green from under the metal of the mouthpiece, its not needed bc the 7 holes in the metal filter are so tiny already.

I've packed it up with a medium grind full, gently tamped, and I'm trying a elevape mouthpiece screen sitting on top of the load, to see how that helps keep airflow smooth, preventing clogs. Seemed to work well in the new Imag+ when I tried it for small loads, but this ones full, just near the top black edge. I'll try without a screen too as I normally would with the old one, relying on the metal filter. As long as it gets poked through with a wire every few sessions like a T1 would it should be fine, I tend to prefer this to a mesh screen in general but we will see.

I'll be trying it out this bowl (and more) later tonight with at least two other people, so I'll report how it goes at some point. So far things look good

Shit Snacks

Do they have any plans for V3?

Well like most any company, probably some day, but I think their next units will be totally new models completely. We'll see. I think they need this to be decently successful too, so they can grow and expand. With this new isolated airpath I think its going to get a wider distribution at least, and it deserves to in my opinion:

First test bowl went really well last night. Used that full pack described above with my brother/broinlaw walking the dogs last night. Did two sessions on 356, two on 374 (and like a couple hits off another one before turning it off), then one session at 392-410 later at night to kill it (then switched to firefly, I've got too many vapes lol). Sharing among 3 people it wasn't that much, but it got us where we wanted to be at the time.

Clouds were great, effects at the temps were what you'd expect so it is definitely the best temp range of any decent cheap China portable that I've seen (seems to taste better than the ones with full digital temp available now too). Taste was solid at first, though it does need a few more sessions to get better seasoned, plus I did cook through it relatively quick bc this is ceramic session conduction---fairly wide oven, but it was a decently even cook. Probably would be more even with a finer grind.

Draw restriction wasn't a problem at all, was able to just sip on it for nice clouds with minimal effort. Mouthpiece doesn't get hot at all like Imag does, and it fits into 14/18mm joints natively! Body can get warm with back to back sessions like we were doing, but not uncomfortablly at all, though we were out in the cold, its got a thick durable body that insulates pretty well. The 5min auto shuttoff time is much better, perfect for one person, and like it was no problem to turn it right back on for 4 back to back sessions. Battery life seems very decent so far, without an exact test, using both the supplied 18650 and Samsung 25Rs, which may last a bit longer though bc of their higher mah, haven't tested for sure yet though. Swapping em is also easy, body splits in half.

It is a bit fatter than Imag, and heavier, but feels more durable (and much much more so than Herbstick). Kinda feels like a Thermovape T1 in hand, nice heft but easy to hide in sleave with this marker style. It can just feel a little heavy in the pocket if your pants are loose. My brothers have the original FlowerMate VV, when the fixed temp was around 380 instead of the 400 or so it is now, and its held up really well for them. So far though, they like this better. They like the shape/body/design and the temp settings, it also hit much smoother without clogging (but they're FM is way used ofcourse, and they never tried double screen method). But airpath is isolated unlike FM, and it has a better oven, with ceramic screen built in to bottom of the cup, and then ss mesh screen above it. Not those annoying nickel screens with the little holes like FM and Imag come with.

Like those units this one isn't the stealthiest smell wise, it is session conduction constantly cooking, and as it gets dirtier it will probably carry the smell more. But its fine in your pocket, and really only on demand vapor will help with smell, but like any vapor it will dispititate just fine (the later 392-410 final session was late night at the kitchen table, no problems).

Anyway, I'll obviously need to test more, this was only one full bowl, but this new version seems to fix nearly everything about the xmax v2 (except the solid led warm up then flash when at temp thing, I wish it was reversed like other vapes but I'll get used to it), the isolated airpath is everything it should be, keeping electronics safely out of your lungs and free from getting sticky resin all over them, battery life and session length much improved, button click more consistent. And with the temp settings, swappable batts, build quality, and out if the box water connecting this really feels like the best cheap Chinese portable option available right now (at least from the ones I've tested and researched here). I'm not sure where the best place to buy is yet, but if you can get it direct from Topgreen that's probably best bet, or Vapefiend presuming his Storm is indeed mostly the same thing. I will update as I test and learn more

Unyime Ekpoh

Burn offs went well, button clicks are better. Can tell airpath is sealed, blowing into holes on sides only connected to oven. Usb and led sealed off, very nice.

Luckily I now have four batteries to use with it, so far I haven't seen red, got multiple burn off sessions on 428 and it was still green. Luckily I also have the nitecore, and broken in mouthpiece from my old xmax. New one will have to be soaked in iso too when I get a chance to get rid of silicone test. Also have to take out the s green from under the metal of the mouthpiece, its not needed bc the 7 holes in the metal filter are so tiny already.

I've packed it up with a medium grind full, gently tamped, and I'm trying a elevape mouthpiece screen sitting on top of the load, to see how that helps keep airflow smooth, preventing clogs. Seemed to work well in the new Imag+ when I tried it for small loads, but this ones full, just near the top black edge. I'll try without a screen too as I normally would with the old one, relying on the metal filter. As long as it gets poked through with a wire every few sessions like a T1 would it should be fine, I tend to prefer this to a mesh screen in general but we will see.

I'll be trying it out this bowl (and more) later tonight with at least two other people, so I'll report how it goes at some point. So far things look good
Can you state the differences in pictures or specifically from the new version and the older one? I purchased my own X Max v2 early March and got it in this week. I was slightly disappointed to see that the auto shutoff time was not even up to 4 minutes on mine, and I'm not sure on the sealed air path or the new battery. I just want to make sure that I have the latest version and that I'm not being fooled. I purchased mine from Ruffhouse Studious for $80. I can show you pictures of my vape if it can help too.
Thanks

Unyime Ekpoh,

Shit Snacks

Can you state the differences in pictures or specifically from the new version and the older one? I purchased my own X Max v2 early March and got it in this week. I was slightly disappointed to see that the auto shutoff time was not even up to 4 minutes on mine, and I'm not sure on the sealed air path or the new battery. I just want to make sure that I have the latest version and that I'm not being fooled. I purchased mine from Ruffhouse Studious for $80. I can show you pictures of my vape if it can help too.
Thanks

If its new from ruffhouse it should be updated, but mine does last 5min. I think @mmenzie has the isolated airpath one too though, and his is 3min?

Also battery life is much better on the new one if that helps? And you shouldnt feel air through the usb port or are led in the bowl on new one

Shit Snacks,

max

Out to lunch
Thanks
The company is clearly adopting the design changes made by Vapefiend for the Storm-5 min. vs. 3 on vaping time, isolated vapor path, a battery that's more efficient with the 5 min. time. If you're buying now it's hard to know which changes, if any, you'll get. Depends on what your seller has in stock and which changes the manuf. is making and when.

Shit Snacks

The company is clearly adopting the design changes made by Vapefiend for the Storm-5 min. vs. 3 on vaping time, isolated vapor path, a battery that's more efficient with the 5 min. time. If you're buying now it's hard to know which changes, if any, you'll get. Depends on what your seller has in stock and which changes the manuf. is making and when.

I still dont think its fair to attribute it all to vapefiend, many of us on here tried it and suggested all these changes to topgreen, then this new version and the storm were released at the same time... I was told Ruffhouse has the latest xmax v2, and vnice on dhgate told me they also had the new version (but that is unconfirmed i suppose)

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Jsqz

max

Out to lunch
then this new version and the storm were released at the same time.
The Storm was available for retail sale first, so it's fair as far as I'm concerned. You're free to attribute the changes to whoever you like.

max,

Shit Snacks

The Storm was available for retail sale first, so it's fair as far as I'm concerned. You're free to attribute the changes to whoever you like.

I think its a combination of him and us. I dont know about first, @mmenzie received a new xmax just around the same time vapefiend posted about in. Topgreen made the xmax and the storm, theres no reason to think they werent finalized and released at the same time. Maybe the storm was first to market by a few days or even weeks, but that doesnt mean there is any tangible difference or that it is the true original and only safe version to buy...

I am actually awaiting the arrival of a Storm that VapeFiend is sending me, so i can compare it to the the latest xmax, so we'll see if there is in fact any difference now aside from the text on the outside and logo. I think it gets tricky with all of these chinese rebrands, and this one is different bc we have a great retailer who can give solid feedback to the manufacturer just like we do, and then Topgreen made it. For me personally, I consider it the product of the manufacturer/assembler, not the retail seller, regardless of his input into the redesign, or specific branding.

Eventually the original xmax v2 (id even call them prototypes) will all be gone anyway, this is the version they intend to mass market (and have other things coming too), though it'd have helped if it had a name like v3 to help separate it i suppose. For now the best way to tell is battery life, airpath isolation, and (presumably) autoshutoff

Unyime Ekpoh

That's where I'm at. Ruffhouse Studios told me and all the other customers that allegedly bought the newer version that it's what we got.
But I'm just skeptic. They then stated that the older version's on time was actually 2 minutes and that the newer version's on time was a minute bumped up. So I don't know what to believe, because if that's true then it would be misleading their customers into believing that the on time for the new vape is 5 minutes.

I still dont think its fair to attribute it all to vapefiend, many of us on here tried it and suggested all these changes to topgreen, then this new version and the storm were released at the same time... I was told Ruffhouse has the latest xmax v2, and vnice on dhgate told me they also had the new version (but that is unconfirmed i suppose)
Where did you receive your newer version from?

Last edited by a moderator:
Unyime Ekpoh,

max

Out to lunch
They then stated that the older version's on time was actually 2 minutes
Sounds like that would have to be the V1 version, which I know nothing about. I'm sure the V2 came out with a 3 min. vaping time.
So I don't know what to believe, because if that's true then it would be misleading their customers into believing that the on time for the new vape is 5 minutes.
I believe the manuf. has bumped the time up to 5 min. If so, this is a transition period, and it may be hard to know exactly which version you're getting if you buy right now. Once a vendor has submitted changes to the manuf. for their own version (in this case the Storm), and the manuf. has agreed to produce it, it's very easy for the manuf. to just incorporate some or all of the changes into their own model if they think the changes are good ones. They're already altering their production for the customer's version, so it's simple and cheap to make the changes on their own, original version as well.

Copying technology is a way of life in China. It's just the way it is.

"Despite having moved up the manufacturing value chain, from supplying basic parts, to high-tech components, to selling the final products straight to the public, Chinese brands are still not widely known for innovating. “In novel-product innovation, China is very weak,” Dan Breznitz, the co-author of a book about Chinese innovation, told the New York Times. “The political economic institutions and system in China make it so entrepreneurs can’t make profit by developing novel innovation. But this same system makes process and second-generation innovation very profitable and successful.” http://qz.com/240943/when-china-sto...ch-giants-is-when-they-should-start-worrying/

Top Bottom