XMAX Starry V2 vs TopBond Novae vs Weecke Fenix

The Symbiosis

Hey guys,

I was offered an exchange for a faulty vaporizer by VapoShop, and they gave me a few possibilities. I come from the Flowermate Mini V5.0S Pro, and would obviously like to go up the level on this. Here are the options:

- Weecke Fenix
- TopBond Novae
- XMAX Starry V2 (new version)

I never had the chance of experiencing convection vaps, so I don't know the difference from the other ones.

The use will be mainly flowers, it may happen some crumbled resins now and then.
Any advise from the 3?

Thanks

The Symbiosis,
Reactions: PPN

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, I replied to you in the Novae thread but just noticed you might use some resin in your vape, this is an important factor and will lead your choice on the Starry which is able of pretty high t° (240°C) able to vaporize hasch.... but you will have to do a deep cleaning after every hasch session cause all the oïl/reclaim stuck in the vaporpath. >Use cotton or hemp fiber to wrap your hasch to avoid a mess in your heating chamber.

Edit: Starry is a conduction vaporizer , idk for the Novae (claims could be false, it will be not the first time!) and Fenix is hybrid . Maybe try to ask for the Fog this a true convection vaporizer with a small hint of conduction and I'm very pleased with this guy!

Last edited:

The Symbiosis

Hi, I replied to you in the Novae thread but just noticed you might use some resin in your vape, this is an important factor and will lead your choice on the Starry which is able of pretty high t° (240°C) able to vaporize hasch.... but you will have to do a deep cleaning after every hasch session cause all the oïl/reclaim stuck in the vaporpath. >Use cotton or hemp fiber to wrap your hasch to avoid a mess in your heating chamber.

Edit: Starry is a conduction vaporizer , idk for the Novae (claims could be false, it will be not the first time!) and Fenix is hybrid . Maybe try to ask for the Fog this a true convection vaporizer with a small hint of conduction and I'm very pleased with this guy!

Yes, I also wanted the Fog (or even the Crafty, paying the difference!), but they don't allow that for the exchange of the faulty Dabstorm 2.0
Follows a list os the possibilities:

https://www.vaposhop.com/vaporizers/?filter=price-7-99

The Symbiosis,

dynospec

dynospec,

The Symbiosis

Ask if they will let you pay a bit extra on top of the exchange for the one you want. The prices on that site seem really high to me, just food for thought in the future.

Already insisted too much with them, don't want to "go over the limit"... (they are being quite nice to be honest, exchanging a 1 year old faulty vaporizer for a different model)
So I have to stick to that list, just want to make sure I get the best from it! :)

The Symbiosis,

dynospec

Already insisted too much with them, don't want to "go over the limit"... (they are being quite nice to be honest, exchanging a 1 year old faulty vaporizer for a different model)
So I have to stick to that list, just want to make sure I get the best from it! :)

I dont see how its "over the limit" to ask to pay the difference for a nicer unit. They gave that list only because of the price, nothing else Im pretty sure. At the least it wouldnt hurt to ask, and then you end up happier in the end, worst case they say sorry no wont work, and you know you tried.

Your call at the end of the day, but I would try if it was me. Happy to know they're being decent with you though, and good luck.

dynospec,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Yes, although my verdict is different since I will place the FOG in the first place especially cause there is more convection (I think the Fury carry a lot of conduction at least 60/40 or even 50/50) and cause the very good taste(very similar to the GH's taste). Fury&Starry are able of thicker clouds.

I like to keep things simple and with the Fog, a simple button offer you t° control through 5 heat settings well selected, reliable battery level when you power the device on, replacable battery and it's one of the stealthier vape. There is some cons too, the door lid is fragile while opened, it fall back closed easily while loading the bowl, mp assembly need some regular cleaning to avoid clogging, mp can get hot when you do back to back hits for +5mn and airflow is slightly restricted.

The Fury is a pretty good device but I don't understand all the hype around it. Starry is very basic heating system but offers replacable battery and a large t° range.

PPN,

The Symbiosis

I dont see how its "over the limit" to ask to pay the difference for a nicer unit. They gave that list only because of the price, nothing else Im pretty sure. At the least it wouldnt hurt to ask, and then you end up happier in the end, worst case they say sorry no wont work, and you know you tried.

Your call at the end of the day, but I would try if it was me. Happy to know they're being decent with you though, and good luck.

I did, 3 times already, and the answer was always no! That's why I don't want to go "over the limit", got their message already. There's not much point of thinking about other vapes not included in that list I previously put here, those are the ones I have to choose from...

The Symbiosis,
Top Bottom