• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Multi-brand X MAX STARRY

StonerSloth

cui bono?
Some more insight for anyone who cares:

It seems that the high-pitched noise only happens on a fully charged battery. I noticed the vape was quiet when the battery meter read about half, so I swapped it for a fully-charged cell and the noise was back...

I ran this cell down right until the noise stopped and then pulled it and checked it - 3.98V. Must be buck converter noise or something.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
A lot of vapes have this noise and that's normal (but annoying) although I didn't noticed it with my unit V1.0.

For now I use it with a very small load (30-40% of the bowl size) I pack down with great results in term of clouds and efficiency, the taste is quickly compromised but a bit less than with a fully pcked bowl. On top of that it helps to keep the mp clean.

StonerSloth

cui bono?
It also looks like POTV is going to have a custom version with their logo on it that looks pretty cool!

Does anyone know when US retailers will have replacement cooling units/mouthpieces available? I think my Starry is going to get a lot of use and I'd like to have a backup cooling unit.

On the subject of the cooling unit/ceramic screen - I removed the metal screen in the MP and don't take any precautions for keeping stuff off the ceramic screen except I try to clean it off while it's still hot (comes off a lot cleaner.) Performance is great! Very little draw resistance, huge clouds! Any small particulate that would get caught in the stainless screen gets caught in the reclaim in the cooling unit lol.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Should I wait for the updated unit? :hmm: I do like to use small amounts. Is it just the oven that they are enlarging?

Sorry for the late response..... I'd wait till the new production version comes in. There's more being tweaked than just the oven size. It's all minor IMO but I'd still wait.

@jakeattack77 - I wish I could help but I don't own a Solo 2 or Air.

What I can tell you is I wouldn't be giving up my Solo for the Starry. They serve two different purposes for me. The Solo is my NON-STEALTH on the road unit (although I have used my Solo in public by sticking it in a dark blue water bottle and tearing off the water bottle mouthpiece and having the stem come up through the ripped off mouthpiece). Now that I have the Starry...it's Starry Stealth in public and Solo in the hotel room and EVO in my home.

Last edited:

slackwaredragon

SlackmasterD
Last edited:

slackwaredragon

SlackmasterD
If everybody waited for an updated version, there would never be a need for one. I'm an old fart that vapes weed solely alone and the Starry I is perfect for my needs.

I hear ya and I don't regret my v1 starry at all, you'll see from my previous comments that I prefer the smaller oven. I would have liked some different types of tops though (direct WPA attachment instead of the whip, maybe a glass mouthpiece) but I'm not sure if that'll happen for the v1s. My only concern with my V1 is the battery door, though it's held up tighter than I can open it at times so it'll probably be fine. I haven't had any battery drain issues. The Starry has replaced my Pax2 as my daily driver, flavor is much better. The Alternate is for a quick load and eject bowl. My Pax, IQ and FF2 have all sat idle since I got the combo. Just wish the Alternate didn't have the bad luck with tops.

I guess for me is that it's just so soon, it just released for 4/20 so it's been less than 2 months for an updated version. That's bound to burn a few people. For me, $100/$120 is not a big deal but for someone who saved up for a bit (I see those posts all the time) I would feel slightly annoyed. Not as annoyed as GH issues or IQ issues, but annoyed nonetheless.

All that being said, I'm considering purchasing v2. I have such a bad case of VAS, it's ridiculous!

bushmaster

You're right, it does seem early for an upgrade. Hadn't thought of it that way. Maybe they rushed Starry I to make the 4/20 deadline. As to the battery door, hasn't been a problem for me--haven't opened it since I brought the mod home and installed the LG H2 battery. The Starry's internal charger consistently charges it to 4.18 V which is just where I like to see it. I love this little unit.

slackwaredragon

SlackmasterD
As to the battery door, hasn't been a problem for me--haven't opened it since I brought the mod home and installed the LG H2 battery. The Starry's internal charger consistently charges it to 4.18 V which is just where I like to see it. I love this little unit.

That's good to know! I've gotten used to using my Nitecore D4 charger since I bought the IQ (my first of now many 18650 vapes). All my other vapes that take external batteries can't seem to charge past 80% or so with the exception of my Focus Pro which I don't use often. Usually with the HG2 I only have to swap maybe once a day and by that time I'm using my Solo or enjoying some wax.

davesmith

Glass Blower
Once the v2 (v1.1?) is available in the uk I'll probably jump on. I usually wait at least 6-12 months to jump on a vape, saved my arse many a time, but this time I'm feeling lucky. Let's hope I don't regret it.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
As stated above....the POTV "Updated" version of the unit was announced as available in an email sent last night. I especially like how the updates were described along with a sale price for the older version if the updates aren't important to you. Here's the particulars:

X MAX STARRY VAPORIZER UPDATE AND DISCOUNT
X MAX has just dropped a new version of the Starry with a couple small bugs corrected and a few improvements made. We have the latest version available for you here. A big shout out to our main man @stickstones for working so closely with X MAX to help get the Starry just right for you guys.

Note: We teamed up with X-MAX to create a POTV exclusive special edition where we re-worked the style and that's what you're seeing here. All the changes detailed below are going into the regular edition X-MAX Starry available soon.

UPDATED X MAX STARRY AVAILABLE NOW: CLICK HERE
For those interested in a little discount, we will still be selling the V1 X MAX Starry here at $89.90 until all of our stock is gone.

BATTERY LID FIX
The latest version of the Starry has a nicely refined locking battery lid. On the V1 Starry the lid would not latch automatically when you pushed it closed. You can definitely get it locked with a fairly easy hold, close and release method...but X MAX have made it simple by equipping the latest Starry with a smooth push locking battery lid.

X_MAX_x_POTV_Vaporizer_Battery_29fc5dd3-da0d-4523-a68b-5df369d4904c_1024x1024.jpg

COOLER MOUTHPIECE
We noticed, as well as many of our Starry compatriots that after 10-15 minutes of straight vaping the mouthpiece of the V1 Starry the would get warm...a bit too warm. For most this isn't going to be a problem. As a solo vaporist most people don't push past 10 minutes of straight use however, in a group session this can become a bit of an issue.

Nonetheless, X MAX thought redesigning the mouthpiece was the best bet and they did so in such a way that it stays far cooler in the latest release.

X_MAX_Starry_Vaporizer_Mouthpiece_Update_1024x1024.jpg
As you can see there is not noticeable change from the outside, but looking at the underside of the mouthpiece you can see a bit more insulation and a slight tweak to the screen both of which are keeping things much cooler.

X_MAX_Starry_Vaporizer_Mouthpiece_Update_02_1024x1024.jpg

LARGER OVEN
The Starry now has an oven just about 10% bigger than the V1 Starry. Not going to change your life, but more is better right?

X_MAX_Starry_Vaporizer_Update_Oven_1024x1024.jpg

NEW DISPLAY COLORS
You'll now get a the slightly more snazzy white on black color scheme instead of the original blue on black OLED display.

X_MAX_Starry_Vaporizer_Display_Update_1024x1024.jpg

PCB BUG FIXES
PCB aka Printed Circuit Board aka the brain of the Starry had a couple small bugs that showed up on a few units. One was related to battery drain the other to some issues controlling the temperature. These issues only showed up a handful of times and of course were resolved for free immediately, but the X MAX team dug in, double checking all the coding for flawless performance.

POTV Note: when buying a V1 Starry from our old stock you are still entitled to full warranty service and our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee just as you are buying any of our products.

StonerSloth

cui bono?
One advantage the Starry has over the Air/Solo is that it allows for quicker extraction. I can fully kill a Starry bowl in about 7 minutes without rushing. In the Air this takes about 2x 10min sessions with a stock stem.

Also the Starry had one of my combustion friends coughing like a high schooler this weekend :rofl:

The only thing I could complain about is that the vape does carry a bit of a stench even when it's off, but this is common with conduction vapes. I wish this device had the mass appeal of the Pax so we could see some custom airtight cases designed specifically for it. I have a waterproof 18650 case that the Starry and 2 doob tubes fit into nicely but I'd like something smaller.

All in all the Starry is a great road companion. I really need an extra mouthpiece but maybe I should just buy an extra Starry??

VaporBull

One advantage the Starry has over the Air/Solo is that it allows for quicker extraction. I can fully kill a Starry bowl in about 7 minutes without rushing. In the Air this takes about 2x 10min sessions with a stock stem.

Also the Starry had one of my combustion friends coughing like a high schooler this weekend :rofl:

The only thing I could complain about is that the vape does carry a bit of a stench even when it's off, but this is common with conduction vapes. I wish this device had the mass appeal of the Pax so we could see some custom airtight cases designed specifically for it. I have a waterproof 18650 case that the Starry and 2 doob tubes fit into nicely but I'd like something smaller.

All in all the Starry is a great road companion. I really need an extra mouthpiece but maybe I should just buy an extra Starry??

What temp are you vaping at generally?

VaporBull,
Top Bottom