• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Fog by X-Vape

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
I'm just curious maybe some starry owners can answer this?
Is the black ceramic mouthpiece the same as the starry v1/v2 ? looks similar...
and would a complete starry v1 or v2 mouthpiece fit if the hinge broke?

Used2use,

Shieldsab

Unfortunately my second Fog has developed a similar issue to the first. It took many more bowls, but on fully charged batteries the lights flash with no heat generated for about 10 seconds, then power off. If I can I'll switch to something else instead of getting this unit back. If not, when I get a replacement/repaired unit it will be up in the classifieds. Back to the Crafty I go.

Shieldsab,

Pimpslapper

Did you try different batteries?

Unfortunately my second Fog has developed a similar issue to the first. It took many more bowls, but on fully charged batteries the lights flash with no heat generated for about 10 seconds, then power off. If I can I'll switch to something else instead of getting this unit back. If not, when I get a replacement/repaired unit it will be up in the classifieds. Back to the Crafty I go.

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
I had 2 Craftys in a row crap out on me with under 50 hours of use. Sometimes shit just happens with electronics.

Shieldsab

I had 2 Craftys in a row crap out on me with under 50 hours of use. Sometimes shit just happens with electronics.
True. It's all going to fail sooner or later. But I think the Fog has a specific issue going on. Will be interested to see if anyone else eventually has the same failure. I guess it all is up to personal experience.

Shieldsab,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Mine still never failed to work... ever once time. I feel the vapor to be very similar to the Grasshopper especially on highest settings.

It's one of the most convenient vape I have to use, maybe the most for on the go purposes. Heat very fast, produce thick and flavorfull vapor, rather easy to load and unload, no grind needed (but smaller clouds in this case but not so much smaller), I cleaned it entirely once but habitually a quick whip on the ceramic screen and reclaiming the honey in the ceramic mp with a needle is enough (I do that every 5-10 bowls and get some perfectly clean blond honey). Battery life is pretty good too, can't give you an exact number but I can get some more bowls than the usuals 5 per battery most vaporizers offers. One downside is the pretty restricted airflow which is more restricted while gunked with resin (especially the ceramic stem and screen) and if don't clean it you will get reclaim in the mouth. The other one is the lid which is pretty fragile while open and might be broken easily (it happened to somebody here in FC).

I want to agree there is a part of conduction which seems necessary in the vaporization process in the Fog. I tried to power it and insert a stem in the oven only when I want a hit and got less vapor, more if I let the stem inserted for a while.... so there is definitively some conduction acting here.

In another hand I noticed the restriction to be the same with the glass stem I tested, I had to pull pretty hard too.... like if you have to force the air through the heater... which might explain why I got poorer vapor using the glass stem since it didn't fit perfectly and I was sucking fresh air too while drawing on the stem...

I'll try to post a pic to show you how tiny it is!

Used2use

To prolong the MP a bit, a sawd off crafty/mighty mouthpiece fits 'backwards' pretty nice onto the ceramic - even the whole crafty/mighty MP might be fittable, the diameter seems to fit but i broke too much flesh/pins of to fixate it, i'll test that later again...

Used2use,

Used2use

So what is the general preferred setup screen whise?
My best so far is just the liquid pad on top, no metall screen and no ceramic filter/inlay results in least draw resistance and keeps mp clean so far :nod:

Used2use,

vapor.man

Now I used my Fog for 2 weeks, didn't really fall in love with it first...
After 3 burn-off cycles on max temp I still noticed some strange plastic smell. That got better every time I used it and now its gone.
First I tried half full, normal and overpacked bowls, grinded herbs or just tiny buds, never got good clouds out of this thing.:shrug:

Now I found out that a nearly full, soft packed chamber gives me very nice consinstant hits. Also the draw technique is very important. I have to draw slowly for 7 - 10 seconds to get nice hits (use it from heat level 3 to 5).:brow:

As it is not a powerhorse and I didn't like it through the glass (this is what I use my GH for), I took the waterpiece-adapter, shortened the tube to 1cm and connected a mflb-glass-stem.

I bought this device to have something with a bigger bowl for outside session use, which would give me nice clouds like the solo but without having to take care about the stems. All in all the FOG does this job for me.
I would recommend this device, a nice (most) convection vape for a good price.

Just tried using it only with the liquid pad and no screen/filter. Got some tiny bits of herb in my mouth, maybe it was grinded to much. But now I used just a tiny amount of herb with liquid pad on top and screen+filter. That gave me nice and long lasting hits on level 5. I will try that again!

Gardenerjeff

Author, Teaming Series of Organic Grow Books
I am finding this little beast can really heat the herb. Three lights seems to be the sweet spot temperature-wise. If I set it at 5 and pull hard I can actually get a bit of burn. This is a powerful unit. It's size belies that fact!

Teaming,

Gardenerjeff

Gardenerjeff,
Reactions: FlyingDane

notoriousLrg

sTrange cLouds
Happy Sunday guys!
Anyone know of a teardown of the Fog or schematic of the inner heating element and airpath?

notoriousLrg,

Occipital

I plan on buying this thing tomorrow! Anything I should know before I buy? And are there a lot of complaints about the type of issues Shieldsab had been getting? I will write my first impressions when I get this in the mail in a few days. I'm excited, and looking at the reviews I should be. Seems like a top vape in its price range.

Hopefully no defects :D

Occipital,

notoriousLrg

sTrange cLouds
@Occipital can please let us know what steps you take to clean your Fog before use and how many burn ins you do? And most importantly, can you let us know whether you sense any off gassing after your burn ins?

notoriousLrg,

Hammahead

Have been using the Fog for a week now and can say I'm really impressed with it.

First of all: great looks, premium appeal, great haptic. Then: wow, really fast, I get a light 'fog' with my first toke abt.15-20 seconds after starting it, then the second will produce a really thick cloud, and I can repeat that a couple times, depending on how resinous the material is or simply how much I pack.

It works best for me with really small packs and it's incredible how low I can go and still get at least one really decent cloud, that's clearly in the Grasshopper league! My scale has a cut-off at ,1 gr and about half of that gets me three tokes: one light, one huge and one somewhere in between. Less than that will still make a significant cloud. Hats off!

The taste is not super great but absolutely ok. It's pretty close to my Crafty. The mouthpiece gets quite warm, but the last 1,5- 2 cm are always acceptable. The vapor is also still acceptable, but can get a little coarse. For comparison: the Grasshopper is way hotter, the Fog is a little hotter than the Crafty.

I guess the Temps of 180°-220° mean the temps at the heating element, as even on 5 it takes me a lot of dedication to really toast the materials to a darker brown. I'm always between 4 and 5 and it never gets darker than what my Crafty does at 180-190°C. So, as to the discussion how much of a convection device this is: I don't think it can get any more orthodox convection in a super compact, handheld factor. Of course the stainless steel bowl is heated by the hot air and the heating element a few cm away. But _any_ bowl gets hot, and I never heard anyone say the Grasshopper wasn't a pure convection device.

As long as I pack it loose, I don't need to stir, which I like. If I want to pack up to around ,25 gr I'd have to stir, which would be fine imo, I love it as a micro-doser though. A short piece of silicone tube and a glass adapter (like the arizer knee) let's me use it on my bong, no cost, no problem, very, very smooth.

The battery gives me 5-7 loads, and for multitoker sessions I can pack a couple batteries. Cleaning is not too hard, but I haven't tried yet to detach the mouthpiece yet, still looking for a video tut. It's too narrow for a regular pipe cleaner, so I guess I'll try something like a fluffy dental floss. Any ideas, gang?

Few, really small flaws: Only thing I'm missing is a capsule system... any plans here @XVAPE-Tony , rec ommendations anyone ? The led are a bit confusing but not really irritating. The lid appears to be a little shaky but when looking closer at it, everything looks solid enough, not great though. Would love to see this detachable. As mentioned above, how to detach the mouthpiece? As there's a replacement O-ring with it, it certainly is detachable.

All in alll I'm super happy with it and use it all the time. Lots of great features, only few minor flaws. Incredible what I can get for 90-120 Eur these days.

Best,
Hamma

vapor.man

As mentioned above, how to detach the mouthpiece?

Use a needle or something flat/sharp to lift the silver metal plate. there is a small black pin that holds it in its position. when lifted high enough you can take a small screwdriver (or something else) to slide the plate down. now you can remove the mouthpiece and the o-ring.

At my device the magnet loosened and came out of the mouthpiece. If this happens again I will use some superglue.
Capsules would be really nice!

I'm happy with the Fog and all friends who saw it also liked it, especially after I told them the price.

sternfan29

While looking online for 4/20 deal on the Fog I saw it for sale on the manufacturer’s site for $99! https://xvapeus.com/index.php/xvape/xvape-fog.html Cheapest I’ve seen it with free shipping (I ordered yesterday and already got the shipping confirmation). I can’t wait to try it out! In need of a truly pocketable vape for on the go and to supplement my home daily driver Mighty.

sternfan29

Ok. I’ve had the Fog since 4/20 (great surprise that it came a day early). I did several burn offs on 5 to ensure no weird taste would be in the vapor. And then I did a lightly tamped down pack of some Lemon OG Kush and the vapor is so flavorful. I could taste so much flavor on 2 and 3. I think 3 is the sweet spot.

sternfan29,

Used2use

So, i've got some good news and some bad:

Good is i got a cheap glass stem/mouthpiece hack

Bad is what i saw as i took a peek inside the unit, there is some black fibrous like material (can't say for shure what it is, that's not my department) as insulation around the bowl that emits white dust all over the place :puke: and of course some tape to hold the temp sensor :mad: ...

Took some pics, maybe i've time to upload tomorrow....

Btw disassembly/real cleaning is:
-remove 2 top and 2 bottom screws
- at the top is a plate that can be removed
- careful with bottom plate, it is connected with one soldered cable turn the plate so that u can push it through
- push it from the bottom to the top

Last edited:
Top Bottom