Fog by X-Vape

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Some feedback about my Fog, I still like a lot this device but would like to see some improvements. Not about features cause I like to keep things simple, so no complains about the lack of LCD screen or fully adjustable T°, the 4mn timer is not a problem too since the unit is ready to vape in 2 seconds.

Here my small complains:
- Definitively need a higher higher level (I suggest at least 230°C cause there is a T° loss with convection vaping) to cash the load faster or for concentrates use.
- The mouthpiece lid seems rather solid but be careful to don't twist it while open, I could see this part to be a cause of prematured failure if not used with care. And it doesn't seems possible to replace it....
- The airflow is slightly too much restricted,I know folks like unrestricted but I don't know if the heater will be able to handle more air to heat efficiently.

For the rest it's a perfect vape to vaporize on the go, flavor stays good all around the session at level 4 and it's pretty good too at level5 but taste degrade a bit after a few hits. In order to keep the bowl itself clean and to be able to reload quickly on the go I use the HipVap pods (I just remove the silicon lid before to place it in the bowl. Size is perfect and it works exactly the same for me. I know PIU get the HipVap accessories for sale and for cheap!

thx1138

I also found that the flavor degrades very fast at level 5. That begs the question as to why a higher heat level would help this vape. The mouthpiece lid design is wrong, flat out. Its a PITA to clean and my huge man hands would have twisted it right off when its late at night and I am not paying attention. This one left my vape collection after less than three weeks of use. My Fury 2 fills the bill here nicely.

b0

Cloudy...
I also found that the flavor degrades very fast at level 5. That begs the question as to why a higher heat level would help this vape. The mouthpiece lid design is wrong, flat out. Its a PITA to clean and my huge man hands would have twisted it right off when its late at night and I am not paying attention. This one left my vape collection after less than three weeks of use. My Fury 2 fills the bill here nicely.

Thanks for being honest, unfollowing...

b0,

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
It honestly doesn't look like a covection vape from the video puffitup posted. At one point he moves the waterpipe pipe which makes the water slosh and push air into the unit which in turn blew out fresh thick vapor from the vent on the side. That wouldn't and couldn't happen if it was totally convection. Not to mention the longer he draws the less vapor comes out which is how a conduction vape acts not convection.

Cheesequake,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
It honestly doesn't look like a covection vape from the video puffitup posted. At one point he moves the waterpipe pipe which makes the water slosh and push air into the in t which in turn blew out fresh thick vapor from the vent on the side. That wouldn't and couldn't happen if it was totally convection. Not to mention the longer he draws the less vapor comes out which is how a conduction vape acts not convection.
I didn't see the video (I'll do it) but this vape is convection, I'm totally convinced about that. Although the heater might not be able to handle a lot of fresh air explaining why vapor production decreases after some time.
That begs the question as to why a higher heat level would help this vape
Cause I like to vape concentrate and cause I like to be able to cash a load after an initial tasty cycle and to shortened the session. Personnaly I'm under the impression the taste of my Fury is worst, it's only personnal opinion. But the Fury pulls out bigger clouds for sure cause the added conduction.

I'm eager to read more opinions and hope most will appreciate this vape like me and @Shit Snacks are appreciating it. It's not perfect but it fits the bill better than most vapes with convection claims. As a probe, I hit it exactly like I do with my MiniVap, long and slow draw in order to produce the thicker vapor!

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
Here's the screenshot from the video. A fully convection vaporizer like the Milaana or MistVape Touch wouldn't do this in the same scenario. I imagine the Fog is at best partially convection like the Crafty/mighty.

n6mkmOc.png

Cheesequake,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Benefits of on demand convection is being able to clear, but this being session convection makes it a little different. The walls don't seem to heat and my herb doesn't get overcooked like conduction, but it is not as efficient as on demand. I just had a nice session at level 2 then 3 then 4 before a movie that worked well. I find that its best to actually rip it hard for maximum vapor from a hit, not long slow draws or sipping like a conduction vape would prefer... Body does get hot back to back like that, so some radiant conduction would make sense just like the Fury2. They definitely work different though both are effective hybrid convection with good taste at first that will fade (just as quickly in both seems to me). I don't know why we are still comparing them in this thread though whoops

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
Benefits of on demand convection is being able to clear, but this being session convection makes it a little different.
The screenshot I posted from the video was the first rip of a freshly packed bowl. There was nothing to clear from a previous hit because there was no previous hit.

Cheesequake,

Shit Snacks

The screenshot I posted from the video was the first rip of a freshly packed bowl. There was nothing to clear from a previous hit because there was no previous hit.

That's not really what I meant, you can't clear the current hit is what I was implying, when you finish there will still be vapor after it unless you turn the unit off to cool it down with your hit completely. Like hitting my Tubo in session mode back to back, would need to lift the stem out to clear the hit like I could by letting go of the button in on demand mode.

Anyway I had another nice use with the Fog before a movie, passing between two people at level 2 and then 3, two other people each had one hit too, full bowl of some pretty-dry-now Sour OG. Good clouds, good effects, but things to get a little harsh and taste kinda blands over as you go. I actually probably could've stirred in the middle for more success since it was such a dense pack when I cashed it, but as an easy out and about pack and go vape you can easily pass around in the open while staying stealth, it is a pretty great option.

Its certainly not on par with pure convection vapes I have, but it is world's better than other session conduction vapes we get out of China, with a very nice price for what you get. There is a lot to love here with the simplicity, ease of use, quick heat up, swappable batteries with good life it seems, stealthy sleek portable body that is comfortable to hold in hand and pocket despite its weight (which makes it feel nice and solid), while the vapor is quite decent and certainly effective... I still need to try starting some bowls above level two too...

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Nice post @Shit Snacks !

This unit is amazing for me, I like to use it straight at max and after a 4mn session and a lot of thick clouds I still get a pretty clear abv, even still green on the top. I can get another 4 mn cycle with nice clouds but taste faded.

I still not understand why there is no much more positive reviews or users feedbacks. Finally I find the higher level pretty good if don't plan to use concentrates alone but mixed with flowers.

The honeymoon is ended and i still grab the Fog more than all my others portable.

At level5 (max) you'll get thick clouds at the second hit, very thick and medicating clouds but you need a long and slow draw. Taste is very good but a bit roasted since the high temp and will fade after 5-6 hits (which is better than the 2-3 GH's max t° hits) and effects are on point.

I like it!

Shit Snacks

Yeah the next day I tried it walking back home from the bank and pharmacy, this time used same ground Sour OG but loaded half as much or less, plenty of room in the bowl, and started at level 4 (410F). Was able to get a nice cloud on the first hit, you just gotta draw hard so you are pulling air through the herbs, vapes well no problem, not too harsh as a full load at this level perhaps bc of the extra airflow, I think I could finish it in one session but may have done a little more of another to finish, don't remember. Yeah the Fury2 still has a lot more of the fanfare right now, but I'm not so sure its justified... These are both pretty phenomenal budget portables

Last edited:

Dirtrider

Hi All. Does anyone have exact dimensions and weight or a link to a web site with this info. I am back and forth between the Fog and Fury 2. I have the Starry and like it but it does have a few drawbacks. I have a boundless CF and I think the convection aspects make it very efficient, but not portable enough. Thanks.

Dirtrider,

Shit Snacks

Hi All. Does anyone have exact dimensions and weight or a link to a web site with this info. I am back and forth between the Fog and Fury 2. I have the Starry and like it but it does have a few drawbacks. I have a boundless CF and I think the convection aspects make it very efficient, but not portable enough. Thanks.

Form factor of the Fog is just like the Starry really, not sure if weight is equal, but definitely heavier than the Fury. Fury is shorter yet fatter, but way lighter with the smaller battery and more plastic plus alloy instead of thicker metal body. Indecision, been there, just flip a coin lol

Dirtrider

Thanks - your helpful !

The Fury being lighter is good - I am an over analyzer. I think I know which way I am leaning. I got burned by the CFC (boundless) and was caught up in the forum praises of that vape - probably would not buy another boundless vape even though I like the CF. I am more careful now.

Shit Snacks

Thanks - your helpful !

The Fury being lighter is good - I am an over analyzer. I think I know which way I am leaning. I got burned by the CFC (boundless) and was caught up in the forum praises of that vape - probably would not buy another boundless vape even though I like the CF. I am more careful now.

Haha yup, I am overthink .com and almost couldn't make a decision to save my life. It does sound like you're leaning toward Fury, and hey maybe you'll end up with a Fog too, despite the overlap they also can compliment each other

Shit Snacks,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
The weight is pretty similar but, yes, the Fog is a bit heavier... a tiny difference although.

Just made a session with a piece of shatter sandwiched between some flowers, great taste&clouds!

Dirtrider

Thanks. Your AWESOME

I have noticed that when carrying, the thickness is important. That is the part that sticks out of the pocket. I bit more length is concealable, but the thickness shows in a pocket. That is where the starry is nice, which I have.

Iphone 6 with case is about the same as the fury. That is not bad.

Interesting, the Starry is 4.3 x 1.4 x .95

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
if they can build something more reliable with a comparatively fast-enough heat up time, and enjoyable vapor.

Here, the thread for a fast battery operated vape. Even faster than the Grasshopper, and the vapor quality is great!

This vape totally blow my mind, it replaced my beloved ESV, I'll buy another if mine is broke/lost... this is the first time I say that for a vaporizer I got for free for a review!

Mr. Me2

Here, the thread for a fast battery operated vape. Even faster than the Grasshopper, and the vapor quality is great!

This vape totally blow my mind, it replaced my beloved ESV, I'll buy another if mine is broke/lost... this is the first time I say that for a vaporizer I got for free for a review!
So... How is maintenance? Does debris get caught in the hinge lid?

And please keep those Fury2 and gh comparisons coming!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Sorry, I missed your reply... for now the maintenance is pretty easy, you have to wipe clean the ceramic filter every few loads. For a deeper cleaning I do it straight after a session and only wipe the inside of the mp assembly with a cotton bowl. the ceramic mp can be cleaned with a provided tool but here there will be only clean reclaim and not so much.
The deep cleaning was only made twice and I'm using the device 3-4 loads per day

Just noticed @VapoShop is selling the Fog for only 129€: https://www.vaposhop.com/vaporizers/portable_vaporizers/xvape-fog

Last edited:
Top Bottom