Discontinued Wychwood Vaporizers UK Log Vape

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Damn you vito! :mad:

I was just now getting ready to shoot the first action vid of the WW and here you go an beat me to the punch! :cuss:

I'm glad you showed all the stems because my vid will just feature the shorty gong stem. I really like it and it pairs so well with my bub.

Just when I was about to start filming (I was gonna do a magisto thingie) I realized that I'm too vaked already and wouldn't be able to funcion very well if I had to take a bunch of video shots of me taking hits, so I decided to put it off until tomorrow. You can blame the delay on the WW. I'm really, really high right now because of it. :freak:

And yes, Cookie is a friend of mine and we talk a lot outside of this forum, so full disclosure..... It was a gift from a friend that I am very happy with so far!

:peace:

Awesome video Vito, loved the music.

I'm loving my WW. I usually use my VHW 3.0 at home, but for the last two days have used nothing but my Sapele Wychwood. It speaks volumes that I have not missed the VHW when using the more user friendly, compact, durable and some would say more attractive WW. I'm also in the practice of dumping the remains out of MFLB into my at-home vape when I arrive in the evenings - the WW has handled this and everything else with great aplomb. I have nothing bad to say about the unit at this point. It does run warmer than my UD and old PD do at 12V, and I have taken to unplugging the unit for the first 1 or 2 draws, then plugging it back in for the remainder - this is not necessary and is simply a matter of personal taste. I'm not saying that the WW tastes exactly as good as the 100% glass VHW, but I am saying that the difference is small, and the vapor density is very impressive. We've come a long way from the wispy-vapor logvapes of yesteryear with the new guys like the CRZ, UD, and WW.

In the interest of complete disclosure to the forum I have come to value so deeply, I'll say that my WW was bartered for glass and other accessories. I am deeply grateful to Cookie and have no doubt that I'll be enjoying this vape for years to come.

I, like Stu, am meaning to put a video up in the days to come, where I'll put the WW through my modest array of glass pieces for you all to see how well it can fill them. And like Stu I'm also f***ing loving the short gong stem. Using the WW with glass is effortless and rewarding.

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
I've been away for the last few days dealing with general life-ish bits-and-bobs and it's great to come back and see the action.
Just to clarify - there are a few units in the US that I sent as testers and a few I bartered for other vapes or glass. Vitolo and Stu are two forum members that I have developed off forum friendships with over the last year and received their units as gifts. Both of them are a fount of vaporizer knowledge and I've spend many a session picking their brains about various models and techniques.

@Stu. I'm really glad you got your package and are having fun with your Oak WW. Yours and Vitolo's are actually twins off the same block. Thanks for the kind words and thanks for the size comparison pic too.

@Vitolo. WOOP!!! The WW has a ViVi (Vitolo Vid) - and I believe no vaporizer thread is complete without a ViVi! As always great stuff, you really know how to show vapes off :) I'm glad your enjoying the array of stems and your little stick of Dynamite!

@SM. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about our deal ;) You'll have one soon enough.

@Quetz. I have a hard act to follow the existing log vape makers on the customer service side of things. I've been a customer to all of them and have had nothing but exemplary service, as have lots of others. I will do my best to keep up this tradition of 'old-school' values for a product made in the old-school ways.

@Mom. Thanks for the props :) I'm glad to have actually got this off the ground and really do hope that people over here in the EU take to vaporizing. Personally it's made a massive positive change to my life since I switched to vaping and I hope I can, in some small way, help people along that path by offering more choice in the ways to vape.

@CDS. I'm chuffed you've taken to the WW so well - and to make you put down your VHW - that's flattering to say the least :) Looking forward to getting some of your handiwork :D

@FMG. I think the contest was for the first US WW vid? Yours are always mucho appreciado :tup: Oh, and I just watched the episode with your avatar in :D But have now finished the last series :(

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Hello everyone!

My WW has arrived tuesday and after a few days testing (:ko:), i must say that it has overthrown my previous vaporizers with relative ease.

Looks: it looks awesome! :D nice craftmanship, the wood was very smooth and even all around and everything is how it should be. It came packed in a kind of round tupperware, with a few brushes, some wood wax, stems, extra screens, etc, and all covered in foam, so the mailman can run from dogs without harming the WW, hehehe.

img07571.jpg

img07561.jpg

img07551n.jpg

(The photos were taken with my iphone, but you can still see how beatifull it is! ;) )

Operation: I asked Cookie to send it without Power Supply and i got a 12V-1,2A instead of 12V-1A, it is a difference of 2W in power but i don't think it changes its function.
It heats up in about 10min but really shines after 20min (rough estimates), by now it is quite hot when handling although it is that pleasant hot.
Most of the times i have used it with my Ehle 250 and the glass stem, and with just the glass stem like i was lighting a cigar.
The WW is very easy to master (bear in mind, this is my first log vaporizer. ), and i consistently got an even brown ABV with minimal stirring, although i stirred more towards the end of the bowl to thoroughly extract the goodies.
The bowl of the glass stem can be packed light or heavy, the extraction is not hindered but it seems that with a tighter pack, it will roast the herb a little more although this needs further testing to be sure.

Flavour & Density: Second best to my gn0me but only by a very very very tiny margin, i was actually quite impressed with the taste it delivers considering the metal in the airpath and the wood that still has a bit of smell if you get close to it.
I was able to pull some huge rips and i actually had to control myself not to overdo it and start coughing like crazy. :D
And unlike my DBV, 2-3 lungbusters wouldn't kill the bowl. With the WW, they keep on coming.

Conclusion: If you are looking for a nice piece that doesn't look like an aircraft, with no hassle, awesome taste and great extraction, that can milk a tube several times like it is nothing, then the WW is for you.

Yesterday my late afternoon session was spent listening to music, with some fresh beers and my new Wychwood.. only when i finished did i realize that 2 hours had gone by.

If you live in the EU, there is no excuse to not have it. If you don't live in the EU, lose the excuse.

These bottom photos are my killer combos: the cigar Wych and the Ehle Wych. :D

img07541.jpg

img07581o.jpg

Vitolo

Vaporist
Loved the music! :D

Vito, could you satisfy my usual question of how that compares to your new Solo? :p With an Ed's stem... Taste, draw, harshness of vapor with the various stem choices (even though you have an iron throat...:lol:) ?
I found the Flavor to be more "wooden" and natural in the WW.
True... the pure flavor is great with the glass of the Solo, and Ed's stem makes the solo's vapor more woodsy.. while the flavor was definitely more direct from the WW.
That being said, the WW might seem at first to be harsh, it is because it runs warm... and flows so well.
The Solo hits are more restrictive.
The huge hits I got with my WW were due to the warmth of the core, coupled with very little restriction in draw.
The WW has an easy draw.
All that having been addressed, the hits can naturally be harsh. It is the vaporists job to adjust breathing to make the hits not so harsh, and with the WW I found that easily accomplished.

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
@Vorange. Thanks for the great review and pics V :D It looks like a nice pair-up with the EHLE. It's great to know that people new to Log Vapes can pick up the techniques so easily. Like you, my stirring frequency increases at the end of the bowl and I pack a bit tighter at the end for maximum extraction. There is definitely a technique to get maximum extraction but that's half the fun - working it out :science:

@Vitolo. You hit the nail on the head. You can take huge rips - a la the ViVi - or you can take smaller ones. The smaller ones will act as less of an irritant than the bigger ones and adding water filtration will reduce the irritation even more. Adjusting your draw volume and speed will effect the 'harshness' of the vapor so finding your preferred technique is what it's all about.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I found the Flavor to be more "wooden" and natural in the WW.
True... the pure flavor is great with the glass of the Solo, and Ed's stem makes the solo's vapor more woodsy.. while the flavor was definitely more direct from the WW.
That being said, the WW might seem at first to be harsh, it is because it runs warm... and flows so well.
The Solo hits are more restrictive.
The huge hits I got with my WW were due to the warmth of the core, coupled with very little restriction in draw.
The WW has an easy draw.
All that having been addressed, the hits can naturally be harsh. It is the vaporists job yo adjust breathing to make the hits not so harsh, and with the WW I found that easily accomplished.

I think it is expected to have better flavour in the WW than the Solo, the materials are different and it has been seen that metal and wood are better than plastic.

Loved your video, and the laugh in the end was precious. :)

@Vorange. Thanks for the great review and pics V :D It looks like a nice pair-up with the EHLE. It's great to know that people new to Log Vapes can pick up the techniques so easily. Like you, my stirring frequency increases at the end of the bowl and I pack a bit tighter at the end for maximum extraction. There is definitely a technique to get maximum extraction but that's half the fun - working it out :science:

@Vitolo. You hit the nail on the head. You can take huge rips - a la the ViVi - or you can take smaller ones. The smaller ones will act as less of an irritant than the bigger ones and adding water filtration will reduce the irritation even more. Adjusting your draw volume and speed will effect the 'harshness' of the vapor so finding your preferred technique is what it's all about.

Believe me, i am having loads of fun! :ko: I just did a bowl with just a pinch to see how it would behave and it vaped nicely. :)

bleak

Stoner Gear Peddler
Accessory Maker
Just seeing this for the first time. Looks fantastic!!! Very tempted to buy one, would love to try it out with some of Amsterdam's finest.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I decided to clean my grinders today and I harvested a lot of kief (for me, anyway). I got close to a gram, so I decided to mark the occasion with a kief bowl w/ my WW.

Holy fuckballs, Batman! :o I had forgotten how good that stuff is, and the WW vaped it away nicely. I wish I would have videod that bowl for you all to see, but trust me it was impressive. :cool:

Let that be a reminder, friends and neighbors. Don't neglect your kief!
2qvxus1.jpg

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I decided to clean my grinders today and I harvested a lot of kief (for me, anyway). I got close to a gram, so I decided to mark the occasion with a kief bowl w/ my WW.

Holy fuckballs, Batman! :o I had forgotten how good that stuff is, and the WW vaped it away nicely. I wish I would have videod that bowl for you all to see, but trust me it was impressive. :cool:

Let that be a reminder, friends and neighbors. Don't neglect your kief!

Nice tin ;) I work for another company that is owns these guys too. I have prolly .4 of kief, but unfortunately it came from some bud that wasn't flushed and improperly cured, it turns almost gooey in my LB, made my chest hurt too :doh:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
It's my Mobius ion Reti bub.

When shooting in the wrong direction, the vapor is almost invisible on camera, while as you know a little good lighting can really show it off.

:ninja:

Vitolo

Vaporist
Don't forget to love the Log Vapes... My secret for my Zaps over time, has been what I am doing now with my WW.
I apply the high quality beeswax that JRR has provided for us. .. I do this slow and steady while the unit is very hot. I rub it in well, then I unplug the unit, and let it cool down a touch before I get busy buffing.
Keep that WW looking good, and full of life!

Here's to you, JRR------>
img_0651.gif

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Don't forget to love the Log Vapes... My secret for my Zaps over time, has been what I am doing now with my WW.
I apply the high quality beeswax that JRR has provided for us. .. I do this slow and steady while the unit is very hot. I rub it in well, then I unplug the unit, and let it cool down a touch before I get busy buffing.
Keep that WW looking good, and full of life!

Here's to you, JRR------>
img_0651.gif
So THAT's what was in that bag!! I thought it was crack that Cookie thew in as a bonus item.

9s7wpl.jpg

Vito, you just saved me from making a really embarrasing mistake!

Thank you sir.

edit: @Vito I just used this crack, er, wax on my unit, but found it rather a difficult substance to apply on the cooler, lower half. How did you find it to use? I'm thinking of using some zap polish or buzz butter instead.

Quetzalcoatl

Ugh, so jealous of you guys. I got a little bonus from work today! I am going to buy the MFLB power adapter on Monday :) Anyways, I wish I could get one of these things right now. Looks great and I've always wanted a desktop to toy around with, not that there's anything wrong with my box, but you know.. the appeal of a new toy :D I hope I don't sound like I'm begging, because I'm totally not. I love what you and all the other log vape makers are putting into your works. I love how all of these wooden vaporizers have such a minimalism to them, yet they're still incredibly unique.

...ramble ramble ramble. I've had a bit of snuff, some beers, and a few trenches of Skunk #1. I shall own a WW one day, and I want to pay my damn money for it because you deserve it.

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
@Stu. Great vid and loving the Mobius/ WW pair-up. Also, nice collection from the grinders :o On the cooler parts of the WW I use the wax like a crayon - 'scribble' the wax lightly on the lower part , then use a cloth and start by lightly buffing the WW. As you feel the wax layer smoothing out you can start applying a bit more pressure till the buffing creates a smooth surface.

@Vitolo. If anyone know's how to maintain their logs it's you Vitolo and I'm totally with you on this one. Regular maintenance and cleaning of your vapes is a necessity for optimal performance and longevity of the product. With log vapes there is the added concern for the wood preservation. Regular applications of wax will help to keep the wood in good condition and prolong it's life span.
And thanks for the cookie - when are they finally going to come out with Wonkavision?!? Then I could just grab and munch away :p

@Quetz. Thanks so much. Your so right about them being unique. The funny thing about making log vapes for me is that it's really personal. Each unit takes hours of attention, elbow grease and care. As each one goes out there's an air of trepidation as I'm waiting for it to arrive safely. Then, like an actor going up for an audition, I wait expectantly and hopefully that the customer is happy with the wood and the performance.

I'm dreading the day that I get an unhappy customer because it will feel like a personal failure. I know it might all sound a bit melodramatic, but that's what it's like when you work with wood and also when your a fan of what your doing - i.e. bringing vaporizing to others.

When you say you've 'had a bit of snuff' are you talking about tobacco snuff? I didn't know it still existed as I haven't really seen any since the 80's!

Quetzalcoatl

When you say you've 'had a bit of snuff' are you talking about tobacco snuff? I didn't know it still existed as I haven't really seen any since the 80's!
Yessir! I currently have Ozona Raspberry, Gawith Apricot, and some W.E. Garrett's Scotch! I used to smoke cigarettes back when I was into some harder stuff, but due to some health problems I had to quit smoking cigarettes immediately. By luck I managed to find a tobacconist that sold snuff, which I had read about online. I tried it out, and immediately felt relief and a familiar relaxation, but a little stronger. I went from smoking up to a pack a day at fucking 18 years old to no more cigarettes in literally 1 day. I've rid myself of that addiction now, and I can use snuff responsibly. I haven't had any in a couple of days, and I just happened to find a little bit of it, so I thought why not? I ran out and had the chance to get more today, but I forgot about it as I drove by and didn't realize until I was about 5 lights down, at which point I didn't care enough to turn back around for it. It's different with snuff, like it's almost hard for me to get addicted to this, I can't do it too often because I'll get annoyed by it. Vaporizers helped me quit combusting and I think they've seriously aided in some cleaning up or something, because I feel so much better than I have in the last few years. Despite the fact that my joint pain is getting progressively worse, I find both solace and pain/mental relief using my vape, and knowing that I've been able to overcome some obstacles along the way because of it without having to go back to opiates.

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I am proud to call JRR an off forum buddy.
Trust me when I say that I do not take my great fortune for granted, and feel fully just what a lucky guy I am!
That being said......

That is really great video!
You can't hide your enthusiasm towards this vape!
I can tell by the looks of it that the vapor is pure quality.
The last time I felt like this was when I tried the wood stem for the solo and the taste was brilliant.

Top Bottom