• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Wychwood Vaporizers UK Log Vape

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
@Vapinghole. Thanks bro. You know I'm a Log-Vape nut, so I guess it was only logical at some point that a nut like me was going to take it into his own hands to spread the Log-Love :love:

@Charlie. Looking forward to the review from someone that's more of a vape-nut then me (and that's not easy!) :D

J.R.R.Tokin',

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
I'd just like to say that it really saddened me to see the recent events surrounding log vapes :( . I really feel like we are a community here, all out to help each other get the best experience out of vaping, and I felt it all got a bit out of hand. Let's keep trying to share the love peeps :love:

Anyways, I think I should make a post detailing the manufacture process and materials used in Wychwood Vaporizers.

The Wood: After turning, boring and installation the bottom Wychwood plug is sanded to a tight fit and, without glue, hammered into place. Then a layer of glue is used on the exterior bottom to affix the material cover. The wood is then treated to several layers of mixed bees and carnauba wax.

The Cup: The internal Stainless Steel Cup comprises of 3 parts - the central 'Heat Port', the outer wall and the floor. The central heat port is 316 grade, the outer tube and floor both 304. The 3 parts are arc welded together from the bottom using 316 rods. After welding I deburr and grind the welds, then polish using a high speed rotor wire head. A 304 Stainless Steel screen is used in the top of the heat port.

The Electrics: The ceramic heating element is lengthened and connected on one side with a twist and solder joint - solder is also used to connect to the power jack. The power jack is threaded into the wood without glue. I use glass beads for electrical insulation . FWIW The bus wire and solder are both ROHS compliant, the glue FDA approved and I don't like mangoes :haw:

If anyone has any questions about anything or would like more information on a specific element please don't hesitate to ask. Like all the log vape makers, I want to produce a product that works well but ultimately I want to make one that the customers are happy with.

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Nice job there Cookie, I think everyone will appreciate the transparency :tup:

I to am still a bit shocked by current events, but I'm glad to see things seem to be heading in a more positive and constructive direction now.

Would you mind sharing a picture of the internals of the Wychwood with us perhaps? I ask this purely out of curiosity, and I'd understand it if you'd want to keep some things to yourself.

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
I really want to get some stuff together for photos. I want to do some better product shots - the log, internals, accessories etc. And also want to do some - 'The Making Of' sort of pics too - me shirtless arc-welding with sweat running down my rippled 6-pack sort of thing :lol: - or in reality me hunched over with saw dust covering me looking like a mythical creature!

I will get to that stuff soon, but am really trying to perfect my next log design - Code Name: The Newt!!!

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
The mango thing is because of a childhood trauma when I was about 4. It involved sitting on the floor, legs under the table, munching a stack of mangoes while getting sticky and covered in juice only to look down and find I was covered in hundreds of ants - gggyaachht!

The Newt is my next Log Vape design. It's specifically designed for connecting to water filtration...but you'll have to keep posted for more developments on that front ;)

fidget

The mango thing is because of a childhood trauma when I was about 4. It involved sitting on the floor, legs under the table, munching a stack of mangoes while getting sticky and covered in juice only to look down and find I was covered in hundreds of ants - gggyaachht!

The Newt is my next Log Vape design. It's specifically designed for connecting to water filtration...but you'll have to keep posted for more developments on that front ;)
Am I best waiting for the Newt mate?(Am available for beta testing ;))
I vape bong exclusively.

fidget,

placetime

:doh: Sorry JRR--I was just joking around about the mangoes.

A water-newt?!? Intriguing.... :cool:

placetime,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
@FMG. The Newt was designed with glass-fiends like you in mind ;)

@Fidget. ATM I have just completed the first prototype. There will be several steps to perfecting the model including sourcing appropriate materials for the new install design, re-designs, soak testing and beta testing. Realistically it will still be a few months until I'm absolutely satisfied to sell to the public. The Wychwood Classic is a great water tool in it's own right. Also, I will be offering a nice discount to any repeat customers, so if you decide you want the Newt when it comes out you'll get a very nice price on it ;)

@Stickstones. I'm trying ;)

@placetime. No worries I brought it up! Here's the inspiration.
060510img0357a.th.jpg

@Ed'sTnT. Thank you so much. You know I'm a fan of yours - hmmm a few Ed's / WW collaboration stems might be nice :nod:

natural farmer

Hey JRR! Good luck with your new endeavors! It looks very promising. One question from me... From what I get the WW has a rather restricted air path and the Newt will be more like the HI with a less restricted air path and higher temps? Am I getting this right?

natural farmer,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
@ili. The WW Classic is quite free flowing too, though the Newt will have a slightly better flow and more heat - allowing for monster water rips :ko:

J.R.R.Tokin',
Reactions: ili

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
so when is this Newt arriving at my doorstep? :love:

I hope things are going well JRR. It is nice to know that you are future minded. Working on the WW and the Newt at the same time. :)

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: ili

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
In the interest of peoples concerns here's a diagram of how the internals of the WW are configured.
wwcoredesign.jpg

I recently included the glass tube leading to the lower chamber to the design. This will reduce the chance of any wood particulate entering the airflow. The glass beads are purely for electrical insulation but also act to reduce the space leading to the lower chamber. Air will travel down the path of least resistance. As seen by the red 'Air-Flow' lines, the air will travel down the SS cup, through the air holes and back up the internal heat port.
I hope that explains the design to peoples satisfaction. Again, if anyone has any questions please ask away.

J.R.R.Tokin',
Reactions: OhTheAgony

natural farmer

JRR, how is the airflow compared to the HI? If I remember well you have one, right? I really need a free flowing home log so excuse my persistence on that aspect. :)

natural farmer,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
The airflow on the HI is less restricted by about 15% (approx). This is an intentional design on my part as that WW does not get quite as hot as the HI due to the extra mass of SS the WW carries. So, reducing the air flow a bit causes a slower draw allowing more time for the heat to penetrate the herb.

Compared to something like the old PD's the WW flows like a white water rapid, so I don't think you'll be disappointed or have any difficulties with the draw speed.

J.R.R.Tokin',
Reactions: OhTheAgony
Top Bottom