• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Wychwood Vaporizers UK Log Vape

Rick

Zapman
Good job J.R.R. It makes much sense to have log vape manufacturers on each big Continent. Since 9-11, the ease of global shipping has changed in a way that makes it harder to ship globally IMO.
Get ready for some fun. Looks like you are making a high quality log vape. Glad we could contribute a CRZ to the mix as you decided how to make yours.
Now we need someone in Canada to do the same thing.
Can you ship fairly easily to all EU countries?
WW, welcome to the wild world of log vapes.

quentin123

Ya dancer! This is what I was needing to here, from the UK here, have been wanting a log vape for some time but didn't want to go through the hassle of using an American one, you will be hearing from me in a short while I can imagine.
Looks great and was milking up that bong nicely. Does it seem to function as efficiently as other log vapes?

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Nice to see another log vape manufacturer so more people can enjoy them. Flattering to see a design similar to the HI. I'm sure you have been having a great time with the development. Discovery is so much fun. I like the variety in your roasting tubes as well. Glass is always so nice for roasting.
Prepare for some crazy times ahead. Another log vape for the collection. Nobody can have too many vaporizers.

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
@Rick. Thank you so much for the support. As you can guess my first Log vape I picked up in the Classifieds was a brass MZ. And as I say in that first post, it really was love at first site. The CRZ then showed me what innovation could do to improve a product and bring it to 'The Next Level'.
Your devotion to top customer service is a lesson for all manufacturers and your devotion to your product inspiring.
There should be no problem shipping to all EU countries.

@quentin123. Thank you fellow UK vape-fiend ;). The beauty about the Log Vape design is that you have a lot of control with your technique. The WW can be used to conserve but also has the ability to 'fog' if desired. I will be considering a variable voltage (VV) power supply if folks demand it. Hit me up and I'll sort you out when your ready :tup:

@Alan-TV. What can I say? You are the original 'Mad Professor' in my eyes :science: . You took a product and innovated all aspects of it. You refined your ideas to the n-th degree and never stop. The TT and HI are both amazing vapes and truly inspired me to re-think my original Log Vape designs to incorporate some of the elements you improved upon. Your customer service is top-notch and products speak from themselves.

I would like to thank you both, Rick and Alan, for combined you created the WW by sewing the seeds of excellence in my head and showing me what road to follow. I will strive to maintain the standards you have both established for Log Vape makers and also the quality products you both produce.

So, I raise my glass to you both and to all FC'ers for the inspiration to do this - CHEERS :cheers:

fidget

Another U Vapist. Congrats your product looks fantastic!
I think I'll be ordering when the variable power supply is available.
Is there an adapter because all my glass is 18 and I use the elbow from my EQ to my glass?

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Do you ever use bags?
or fan assisted draw?
If not, my WW gives me a nicer vapeing experience than I ever got from my EQ :)

Hell no, I gave up bags a long time ago...direct draw with my GF in the bedroom ;)

Sounds great!, do you think it will work good with a 1.5meter tubing?

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
J R R doing his coming out on the EU vape scene!

I'm happy to see the prohject is running and now a reality!

All the best my friend, and you know we are keping in touch for the near future of your babies right? ;-)

FLskwat,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
@m0sh. It's up to you if you want to replace your EQ. Personally I think it would more compliment your EQ as another vaporizing option.
What do you mean about the 1.5 meter tubing? If you mean can it be used with a whip, the answer is yes - though 1.5 meters seems mighty long :\

@Fidget. If you want a VV ps I can sort one out, no worries, or I can discount/substitute the ps from your package and you can get your own. Also, yes about the adaptor. I am just waiting on an order of glass including adaptors that will cover the 14-18 expansion :tup:

@Fred. Thanks once again. At the moment there's only about 30 WW's in existence, and most of those are to folks in 'the scene' where I live - none of whom are FC'ers :( Think I might have to cajole a few of them into joining so Fred and Wat don't feel so alone! :lol: I have a couple more going out to FC'ers in the next week so there will be a wider base of opinion to help people to decide if the WW is for them.

@FLskwat. Thank you bro and you know I'll be keeping in touch. We're going to have to link up for a session one of these days. I head over to your neck of the woods a few times a year or if your ever over this way I'm always happy to host :)

J.R.R.Tokin',

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Hell no, I gave up bags a long time ago...direct draw with my GF in the bedroom ;)

Sounds great!, do you think it will work good with a 1.5meter tubing?

Well, Its been fogging up my glass very nicely, so it should be able to handle a whip pretty easily.

You'd just need to be careful the weight of the whip didn't knock it over.
It really is quite small and light :)

Full disclosure, me and the EQ never truly bonded, so I've never had the highest opinion of it (maybe its because I started with the SSV - IMO you can only go down with whip models from there:whip:)
I've seen other members who have nothing but great things to say about it, and I can't say it's a bad vape, it's just not for me.

The WW on the other hand is right up my alley :D

Quick Heatup (IMO under 15 mins is quick heatup for a vape)
Sweet aesthetics (I'm loving the grain on my sapele)
Pairs well with glass (Good flow, enough heat retention for the big hits)

Hell, I know what I need to do:

Yup, thats The Frederick McGuire Seal of Approval :lol:

m0sh

@Frederick - With it being so small it seems more likely to replace the solo...
If I could go back in time I would too start with a SSV or DBV but nevertheless I love the EQ, I just want a less harsher and greater vapor quality ...
Regarding the weight and knocking over could be dangerous,tho a simple docking option should eliminate this problem!!! and it shouldn't cost much think about it JJR :)

Also...
@J.R.R 1.5 might be long but it works well with the EQ...why the hell not with any proper vaporizer?

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
@m0sh. You can use 1.5 m and it will work on the WW. The only problem I see with such a long tube is that you are giving a heck of a lot of surface area for the vapor to stick to. The shorter your tube the better imo. However, I honestly think that once you have tried direct inhale with a stem you'll be sold and not bother with the whip tubing :2c: At least that's how it was for me.

J.R.R.Tokin',

u bwade wunner

Well well well Fantastic work JRR.Very happy and excited for you.pinned Frederick on it a while back but he would nt budge:lol: Good luck with the project and best wishes.It will fill a much needed gap.

m0sh

@m0sh. You can use 1.5 m and it will work on the WW. The only problem I see with such a long tube is that you are giving a heck of a lot of surface area for the vapor to stick to. The shorter your tube the better imo. However, I honestly think that once you have tried direct inhale with a stem you'll be sold and not bother with the whip tubing :2c: At least that's how it was for me.

I said it many times before that I'm sure you're right...but I need this bedroom sessions...and its only possible with a whip in my eyes- I don't want to move at all. I'm guessing that a shorter tube will work better for sure but I'm satisfied with the vapor results with a 1.5meter...

Nevertheless, can't wait to try a log vape!!!

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I said it many times before that I'm sure you're right...but I need this bedroom sessions...and its only possible with a whip in my eyes- I don't want to move at all. I'm guessing that a shorter tube will work better for sure but I'm satisfied with the vapor results with a 1.5meter...

Nevertheless, can't wait to try a log vape!!!

How about if you have an extension for the power cord? Wouldn't that keep you from moving? :D

Just thinking that adding a 1,5m whip is a lot of reclaim that stays inside it.. especially compared to a 10cm stem.

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Full disclosure, me and the EQ never truly bonded, so I've never had the highest opinion of it (maybe its because I started with the SSV - IMO you can only go down with whip models from there:whip:)

BOOM, NAILED!

@FLskwat. Thank you bro and you know I'll be keeping in touch. We're going to have to link up for a session one of these days. I head over to your neck of the woods a few times a year or if your ever over this way I'm always happy to host :)

I go for a Big Ben visit every 2 years more or less! I have to take my wife there soo though!
Yes please let me know when you are around here for us to meet and have a nice session!

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
How about if you have an extension for the power cord?
That's exactly how I do it- but with the thin 12v cord extended, rather than a mains extension.

You can pick them up easily enough or they're really easy to make your self if you have a soldering iron and can get the parts locally. Each time my transformer burns out I solder a new one on the end of the cable- it's now about 5 m long :D

I think if you have this then you'll never want for a long whip again- it's far easier to handle a small log and stem than it is a long whip and balancing a vape on the end.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
That's exactly how I do it- but with the thin 12v cord extended, rather than a mains extension.

You can pick them up easily enough or they're really easy to make your self if you have a soldering iron and can get the parts locally. Each time my transformer burns out I solder a new one on the end of the cable- it's now about 5 m long :D

I think if you have this then you'll never want for a long whip again- it's far easier to handle a small log and stem than it is a long whip and balancing a vape on the end.

I do have a soldering iron, it was my brothers but i think i can get the hang of it. You get the parts at a regular electric supplies shop?

I think that is one of the "problems" in whip vapes, the whip+wand part is always tricky if you are not careful. The logs uncomplicated it a lot. And to pair with glass is even more pratical due to size and form.

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I posted a quick little guide on making power cables the other day :)
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/r...upplies-for-log-vapes.4918/page-5#post-239073

It was really easy, I went in to the electronics shop, took in my UD, and said, "I'm looking for a little power plug to go into this, I think its 2.1mm or something"
He grabbed one out, I tested it, and that was that. :)
they were like 96c each or something.

Basically, for under $10, I got 3m of cable, 2 plugs for the vape, and 2 plugs for the other end of the cable to go into my VVPS.

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
I do have a soldering iron, it was my brothers but i think i can get the hang of it. You get the parts at a regular electric supplies shop?
Yes, if you have a transformer with a plug on it already then all you need is more cable, which is widely available. You can just cut your transformer cable in the middle and splice in a new length, as long as you want. There are lots of videos on you tube of how to do a join properly. I just twist the exposed ends together and then cover in solder and then electrical tape or heat shrink tubing. (here's a you tube vid, the flux this guy uses isn't essential, but wow, it makes it solder fast and well- I'm gonna get some www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z8CzB4BYJA )

(bear in mind you might reverse the polarity- not a problem for log vapes, but you'd want to check before using the power supply on some other appliances)

m0sh

How about if you have an extension for the power cord? Wouldn't that keep you from moving? :D

Just thinking that adding a 1,5m whip is a lot of reclaim that stays inside it.. especially compared to a 10cm stem.

Hmm...I am still handling the machine itself...

Just think that if I vape 5 times a day...its only once

About reclaiming...yes there's a quite a bit and I love it :D

m0sh

probably, yet I find myself getting burned a lot and breaking stuff ;/ :0

m0sh,
Top Bottom