Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Halloween is the time of year
When we at Wychwood create fear
We like to scare the boys and girls
To make hair white and toenails curl
So come one come all and join the fun
For special prizes there are to be won!
Halloween is just around the corner and I couldn't resist the opportunity to hold a competition and get a few more Wychwood Vaporizers into the FC community.

What is the competition?
Simple really, just take picture of your Jack-o-Lantern with a piece of paper stating the date and your FC user name - accompanying Halloween rhymes appreciated ;)

What are the prizes?
1st place gets a Wychwood Special Kit. 2nd place gets a Wychwood Basic Kit. 3rd gets a 'booby-prize' (still a nice prize though!)

What are the rules?
-The Jack-o-Lantern must be made by the FC member.
- Other larger fruits or vegetables can be used where pumpkins are not available (e.g.water melon).
- There must be a piece of paper in the picture, clearly visible, stating 'Wychwood Halloween Competition', 'Your FC User Name' and 'The Date'.
- Open to all FC members from all countries.
- No digital alterations allowed to pictures.
- My lovely lady will pick the winners on the 1st November (after a good Halloween Party) and I’ll announce them that evening. Judging will be based on creativity, visual appeal, staging and effort.

So guys ‘n gals it’s time to get those carving knives out to sharpen, limber-up those artistic muscles in your fingers and get creative with large vegetables!

Happy Halloween

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Do you accept videos ?
I'm gonna vape up some carved vegetables

Edit : like some kind of vapor blowing weird face

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
I was thinking about making a bubbler with veggies then, I was thinking about blowing vapor in the veg while i'm shooting the video ahah

Cant wait for the first submissions. I'm totally gonna do something

farscaper

shit, i have two giant (50 pound it feels like) pumpkins from the farmers market im supposed to carve up for my kids... what a wonderful way to try n capitalize on their Halloween fun!

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
I'm looking forward to seeing all of your creative talents let loose on your vaggie patches!

And I guess I'm going to have to add a Boobsie prize too :p

Just a last few things in case it's not obvious:

* The deadline is midnight on the 31st - regardless of time zone.
* Pics should be posted here in this thread.
* Creative vids are always welcome, but can we have a still pic too please, so that everyone is being judged on the same thing.

Good luck y'all :D

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Great contest bro!

We don't celebrate this holiday here in NL unfortunately, but I have seen those pumpkins at a florist I believe. Perhaps I'll get my hands dirty too, can't wait to see everyone's pictures either way :tup:

banana_republic

I'm looking forward to seeing all of your creative talents let loose on your vaggie patches!
(...)

Good luck y'all :D

Wow, awesome initiative J.R.R.!! Apart from bringing us your top quality log vape, now you are to provide some creative fun contest. I am pretty sure we'll have lots of fun (winning or not) on creating our competition entries! I have just started wondering how can I create the funniest entry :-P

Cheers!

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Oh Bloomin' 'ell. I just realised the typo in that bit you quoted above banana_republic, and it was honestly not intentional.
It's meant to say '...creative talents let loose on your veggie patches' not vaggie! We wouldn't want someone posting any inappropriate pics through misunderstanding :lol:

Thanks for the kind words b_r, I'm looking forward to see what you come up with :)

ats314

Awesome! Now I have an excuse to carve a pumpkin even though I have no patio to put it on.

ats314,

bleak

Stoner Gear Peddler
Accessory Maker
Awesome competition!!! I'm very likely gonna have a go at this :)

bleak,

bleak

Stoner Gear Peddler
Accessory Maker
I had a butternut pumpkin in stock and decided to carve it up today. My idea was to make it look like a deep sea floating monster, kind of a mutant jellyfish/crab. I strung it up with a piece of black cotton, and it looks very spooky as it slowly rotates in space like a ghost!

Here is my entry, I had a lot of fun making it:
iybmB.jpg

4Hdtp.jpg

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Very nicely done Bleak :clap: It almost looks like an evil Aztec ceremonial mask - not sure what the wooden phallus with string is doing there though :lol: just kidding!

J.R.R.Tokin',
Reactions: bleak

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
So if we were to make something that needed a video to accurately showcase it; we would still only be able to submit a picture which would be judged? Could it be a .gif?

CentiZen,
Top Bottom