1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Wow this is just unbelievable...Health Canada shows how much it cares about patients...

Discussion in 'Cannabis News and Activism' started by Havelock Vetenari, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Havelock Vetenari

Havelock Vetenari Patrician

http://blogs.vancouversun.com/2014/...-for-cannabis-medicines-and-patients-in-need/
    "The essence of the press release is that patients who had been growing their own cannabis are now legally obligated to send Health Canada a letter confirming they have destroyed all their home-grown medicine by mixing it with kitty litter, and also killed all of their plants.
    If Health Canada doesn’t get this notice, then they will call the RCMP in an effort to have patients arrested for cultivation."
    Wtf?
    :cuss::disgust:

SpruceGruve and Snappo like this.
  2. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

It's spelled "cannabis".

I have strong doubts that the RCMP will actually jump to do Health Canada's bidding, but who knows. See http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...w-ops-will-not-be-busted-say-mayors-1.2558681.

3. C No Ego

C No Ego Well-Known Member

this shit is just crazy and wibbly wobbly. WTF are they doing- their irradiated shit weed did nothing for no one while they were shipping it to them and now they act like it did not work so the system must be shut down. irradiated anything should not be in the spectrum of medicine and can only leave people wanting for healthy medicine.

SpruceGruve likes this.
  4. grokit

grokit power cosmic

Not in the spectrum of natural medicine anyways.
    And that's a big tension, between natural medicines like herbs, meditation and yoga,
    and poisonous conventional treatments like chemo & radiation therapy,
    and synthesized chemical prescription narcotics.

canj00digit? and SpruceGruve like this.
  5. SpruceGruve

SpruceGruve Bag of sand in hand,Eyeing up the gold statue

This has been talked about for like three months on rollitup.org

The only reason I like that forum is because they are some of the first people to start talking about this CRAP....too much trolling though

6. Snake Plissken

Snake Plissken Transcendentalist

Pretty ridiculous. Kitty litter cause it's used to cleanup oil and other bad stuff? Or do they want you to use scented so that they don't have to smell the flowers? Sounds like they are being dicks cause they don't like their current job description. That sample appeared to be something from the 80's.

7. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member

Pretty typical of our wonderful Conservative government! Long live King Harper!

8. grokit

grokit power cosmic

Dear health canada,

Here is my form testifying that I mixed my prime homegrown buds with kitty litter,
    so I can enjoy your bullshit schwag dirtweed exclusively from now on.

Now please leave me the fuck alone.
    :mental:

Vicki and Mr. Gweilo 420 like this.
  9. Caligula

Caligula *results not typical.

Its the same as what they tell you to do with any drug that you are trying to discard. Mainly its to discourage people from trying to recover the meds that are tossed out.

This is a viable alternative to flushing things down the toilet since thats how some drugs get into our drinking water (obviously not a huge concern with MJ versus antibiotics or estrogen pills, but id imagine trying to flush a bunch of herb wouldn't make the plumbing happy, lol).

Maybe they could instruct people to incinerate it instead? ;)

10. lazylathe

lazylathe On the verge of...

What i don't get is that if i buy herb from a licensed producer, licensed by HC, and i still have some left by the end of March, then i have to destroy it.
    All good and dandy BUT.... all the producers are only offering meds from 2 months after that date!!
    And a few have already closed registratioon because too many people are signing up!

So anyone in need of daily meds is screwed for the first two months unless they buy illegally!
    Great work Conservatives!

JCat likes this.
  11. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member

The reality ... is almost no one with just an ATP actually got their meds from Health Canada, most users that did not grow purchased through compassion clubs, which are not legal according to Health Canada (although I've flown within Canada with meds purchased through compassion clubs using my ATP ... so pretty gray area)

... that being said, I can sign and send in the form they are requesting (and did), as I am not, nor have I ever been, technically, in possession of cannabis authorized through my ATP, although my ATP has allowed me to carry cannabis procured otherwise, and claim it on my taxes etc.

12. Egzoset

Egzoset 1SipAToke/Blender Vaporist (v3.1)

Salutations Havelock Vetenari,

Some people called me paranoïd when i commented it was no good idea to put one's name and address on the government's list, a couple years ago. M'well, the late news didn't really come as a surprize to me anyway...

:peace:

smokum and grokit like this.
  13. Crumpet

Crumpet Active Member

Really, this isn't true :)

Several of the new licensed producers do have meds available right now (the ones that were licensed first have had several months to grow now). Most of them list if they have stock available on their websites (yes, some have temporarily closed registration - but many have not). People who have ATPs under the old system shouldn't experience much (if any) delay in getting started with their meds under the new system.

I was licensed under the old system, and today after speaking with someone from one of the new LPs to confirm they do have stock available, I sent in my registration information to become their client. I'll have my first order from them next week, assuming I've filled in my forms properly.

edited to make more sense

14. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member

Before I settled on my current compassion club to supply me, I went through many different suppliers, all with there issues. My current compassion club's supplier is getting licensed, its been in the works for a long time, and is expected to come through in May some time. If I registered with another supplier in the meantime, under the new regulations I would have to get another note from my Doctor to provide them with in order to be registered.

ie. if I register with the currently available producers, than I won't be able to get a continuity of care for my current medication .... so I have to wait ... there will be a gap of 1-2 months anyways where nothing is available and I'm supposed to destroy everything I have and basically suffer for 2 months ... seems in line with what the conservatives want ... make those that don't fit the conservative ideal suffer ...

lazylathe likes this.
  15. Crumpet

Crumpet Active Member

So you've already submitted your original ATP somewhere then, and cannot go elsewhere? Or has your ATP expired? Or did you not have an ATP, and were only licensed to possess under the new system with a doctor's note? If you had the ATP document and it hasn't expired and you haven't sent it to one of the new official licensed producers, then you don't need a doctor's note.

Just trying to get some clarification on your issues and understand why it was easy for me to transition to the new system and it doesn't seem to be for other people - obviously the system isn't perfect.

Here's how it is for me, in a more broken down way:
    - received my ATP (authorization to possess from Health Canada) last year
    - my current stock of meds will run out next week
    - knowing the program transition was coming up, I've been evaluating the new licensed producers to find one who currently has stock (and has some variety to their stock)
    - contacted the LP I decided on to make sure they do still have stock as their website indicates
    - filled out their registration form and mailed it along with my original ATP document (no doctor's note required as my ATP is still valid)
    - will be able to receive my meds next week

I am cutting it close, but I won't have any sort of gap in medication.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors