Would you give up smoking for a job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur
nice attempt deflection answer my question.

it' quite clear you haven't even read an article on the whole ohio thing. You just saw some head line and are now running around spouting off with out a fact in hand

Tea Party,

lwien

Vicki, you're tying to get him to see something that he is incapable of seeing. It's akin to asking a blind person to describe the color blue.

I am convinced that if one is fed a steady diet of right winged dogma, that their brain chemistry changes and that they actually think differently than those who have been exposed to more of a balanced view of the world. We know that men and women think differently. Their brains are wired differently. I'm beginning to think that the brains of left winged liberals and right winged conservatives are wired differently as well. They actually have a whole different view of their surroundings along with a whole different view of how those surroundings are affected by outside influences.

There was a time when intelligent conversation could be had between the two and that a consensus of opinions could be reached. And that although there was a difference of opinion, those differences could still be respected and that there was an actual possibility that those opinions could be exchanged for the benefit of all and that a middle ground could actually be built from those communications.

It seems, sadly, that that ability has been lost and no where is it more apparent than within our own government.

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
You have got to be kidding me. You are the king of deflection every time someone asks you a question. :rolleyes:

No, I did do research. I know everything that occurred in Ohio. I am staying very informed because of discussions like this, and I have friends living in Ohio. Ohio Republicans tried to limit voting hours to Democratic leaning counties for early voting, but extend it in Republican leaning counties. That is a fact. Only until recently did they decide to do the right thing.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2012/08/16/husted-orders-uniform-voting-hours.html

The only reason Republicans would do this is to suppress votes. There is no other explanation, period.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/18/republican-voter-suppression-early-voting_n_1766172.html

And THIS should be illegal!! I have to say it.....WHAT THE FUCK??

http://thinkprogress.org/election/2...election-board-for-supporting-weekend-voting/

Vicki,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
their brain chemistry changes

due to high fructose corn syrup, no doubt.

That is a fact.

there you go again, trying to fight truthiness with facts. you must be a liberal.

@TP: when i pay for health insurance, then yes, i am paying for your health care. That's how insurance works.

Hippie Dickie,
Reactions: Vicki

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
No flaming. Please do not post any messages that harass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another member.
and i'm interested to see if the TP people who say "keep your government hands off my Medicare" are going to vote for Ryan, who wants to end Medicare as we know it. The inherent contradictions are simply delicious.

Don't forget, Paul Ryan used Social Security to help get through school after his father died. He enjoyed the benefits, but sorry, no more for you.

don't lie we know you democrats like to vote 20 times per person ( documented on you tube) vote for the dead

LMFAO!!! haha yeah I found a video on youtube that proved Aliens exist! haha seriously, youtube is your source? :lol::lol::rofl::dog: Almost as reliable of a source as your avatar....

Right back at you where does it end?

social security
social security disability income
section 8
food stamps
public subsidized npr
public subsidized planned parent hood
free cell phones
free meals at school
school for illegal aliens
utility assistance
pell grants

hey you forgot libraries, schools, roads, police, the fire department, sewage, water, the post office, the military, oil subsidies, soybean and and corn subsidies... maybe I'll add more to that list later.

Or is that stuff ok because YOU benefit from it? Seriously man, free meals for kids at school that otherwise would just go on hungry... that's a fucking problem? Then you bitch incessantly about people not contributing to society. Well, how is one to get an education and actually learn anything so that they can contribute to society, when they haven't even consumed enough calories for their brain to do so? Face it, you don't want them to contribute, it's easier to just bitch about it. You even think pell grants are wrong? Once again, you don't give a flying fuck about anyone contributing to society, you just bitch about it. If you invest in the youth and education, then you invest in America's future. Oh, but guns and taxes... I forgot. Let those kids starve!!

Look, until you start to build your own god damn roads no one needs to hear the hypocrisy.

So please, take the job and the money. It at least means less post of yours around here, and you can get to work funding your private roads so you aren't some fucking leech. :D

I myself, personally would like to see only those who; Pay federal income tax ( and actually pay and not get more back than they paid in), property tax, capital gains, or those who have served in the armed forces of the united states be allowed to vote on issues that fiscally impact others.

oh cool, a poll tax! :rolleyes: I guess money is equal to free speech? How very American of you. I just get the vibe that to you, money is everything. It is the worth of someones live, someones right to vote, the meaning of all life. I have a friend who's brother is like that. He works and has no relationships, no friends, but hey a bunch of money. I hope better things for you.

lwien

LMFAO!!! haha yeah I found a video on youtube that proved Aliens exist! haha seriously, youtube is your source? :lol::lol::rofl::dog: Almost as reliable of a source as your avatar....

Nope. He got it from a MUCH better source. Fox News !! :doh:

lwien,
Reactions: Vicki

Jurassic

Wow, talk about a derailed thread!

TP: Personally, i'd be ALL OVER that job! Big deal you put a hold on vaping and make some serious cash and work some hours. It's not forever, and you make kick yourself for not taking this opportunity. Life isn't just about getting high, and depending on your medicinal needs you may be able to pull this off easily. I had to take a break due to dependency issues which I recognized. The withdrawl sucks ass, but doesn't last for ever.

Work hard play hard, even if the playing comes a bit later. Just my opinion, and now that I make that same coin, I couldn't imagine going down from it, even if it meant no more vaping. Whichever decision you make, it's you that will have to live with it, so I say seize the moment.

Jurassic,

lwien

Wow, talk about a derailed thread!

If you go back and look and the original and follow up posts by TP, I think you will see that this thread was not derailed at all, but was, in fact, the very purpose of this thread to stir this kind of debate. This is not the first time he's lit a match for the sole purpose to see what it will burn.

It was totally on topic until his third post when he said:
I'm astonished at home many herr would not go for the better career.... Buy when I look at the state of the USA it does not surprise me

Translated...."I'm astonished at how many here would not go for the better career, but when I look at the state of the USA, it does not surprise me".

That ^^ just opened the door for the current debate.

So, if this thread was derailed, it was derailed by the OP......by design and which I contend was the purpose of this thread in the first place.

Jurassic

LOL, yeah I guess you put that well lwein, however even if the OP derailed it, it's still derailed. Ah well, I do agree with alot of his points, but don't want to get involved in this so i'll just observe since i've said my piece.

Jurassic,

Cereal_MF

Green goes to brown, n that's what I stand for.
Any by smoking I mean vaping/dabbing/what ever.

It would be working for a friend. He wouldn't bother drug testing me but said he would prefer that i not smoke while I work for him.

Pros:
-work from home
-6 figures+

cons:
-crazy hours ( not just a lot but we would sometimes have to work at night)
-no smoking, no drinking during the week

what do you guys think?
I would. But if it was goin real well id do as i pleased n smoke n a weekend off or even stretch it to after u get off work. Seems to workpretty alright for me!

Cereal_MF,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
I would not give up anything for a job
I already stopped smoking anyway, but I keep medicating, and if one day I have to quit vaporization, I can still use edibles.

Roger D,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom