1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Worst vape ever?

Discussion in 'Vaporization Discussion' started by Astedra, Jan 2, 2018.

1. LesPlenty

LesPlenty Well-Known Member

Pax=maintenance=I can`t be bothered, same as Ghost MV1.

needalift, emmdeemo, grokit and 5 others like this.
  2. Ramahs

Ramahs Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

I have never owned a Pax vaporizer. But the impression I've come to have based on my own research, and what I would consider to be the majority consensus of knowledgeable vapor enthusiasts I've read from here on FC, on r/vaporents over on Reddit, and other popular places like vaporasylum , is that the newer Pax models are ok, but they are not very efficient extractors compared to many other popular vaporizers, they suffer in the vapor-flavor department, and that they get rather stinky compared to other popular vaporizers that are advertised for discreteness.

needalift, tfrank, grokit and 2 others like this.
  3. habitat-fc

habitat-fc Member

The worst vape I have ever purchased is the Sidekick from 7th floor. I love 7th floor so this isn't an anti 7th floor post, as the SSV is one of my favourite vapes of all time. I just found the Sidekick I received was so inefficient I had to stop using it as it was consuming so much flower. I was one of the early adopters so they may have made changes to improve this by now.

4. Hogni

Hogni Honi soit qui mal y pense

The Grasshopper bc of it's unreliability over years. Otherwise if working it's a real best and the most stealthy on the go.
    Hope the new, reengeneered ones are more relliable.

needalift, Morty, emmdeemo and 2 others like this.
  5. DrPiff

DrPiff Born To Rage

I hear you, but it's not much of an issue for me since it's not my daily driver.

The original Pax took me about 20 minutes to clean it and the Pax 2 about 10. It does require cleaning every 6-8 ovens for optimal operation.

I agree with everything stated, it definitely has its limitations. The main draw for me was the vapor production and size.

needalift and emmdeemo like this.
  6. jeffp

jeffp psychonaut

Worst vaporizer in my experience was the Vapir Vapormatic. Bought it used, sorry i did, gave it to a friend who then re-gifted it to someone else.

7. LesPlenty

LesPlenty Well-Known Member

That you did not like. :) Would have made a good secret Santa present.

needalift and Squiby like this.
  8. boddhisativa

boddhisativa Well-Known Member

..............in my collection, like the OP, I would have to nominate my Whispr2. However, unlike the OP I have no problem getting good vapor production..........it's just hot as hell on my lips. One thing about it though, during the prolonged power outages I suffer through more often than I'd like, it is KING. Always the last one standing. And through a water piece it is perfectly serviceable.

KidFated., needalift and lazylathe like this.
  9. wkndwarrior

wkndwarrior Active Member

I have tried a couple of my friends oil concentrates and I do not like them at all - just no consistency or feel for how much of a dose you get. At least with plain vapor (like smoke) you can roughly know how much you are inhaling / concentrates are just bad news for me when friends have them.

needalift and Hippie Dickie like this.
  10. Ramahs

Ramahs Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

I don't have any interest in vape pens for concentrates. Torch and nail is the best way to go for concentrates (thin includes PID controlled electronic nails). To be able to vaporize your concentrate all at once in one "dab", and be good for an hour or two, is highly rewarding.

Hell, I can make a gram of concentrate last a week or sometimes a little longer, with how small a dose is needed. It's really nice when it's around. But it isn't always available, unfortunately.

One of these days, get yourself a nice oversized dab on a lazy afternoon and just relax. Something like that a couple hours into a good edibles dose can change your world :spliff:

Of course, go at one's own risk because large doses can sometimes go uncomfortable. But even with the most uncomfortable trips I've been on, I've never had one that I regretted and never had one that I didn't learn something from.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  11. Skunkport

Skunkport Well-Known Member

My worst ever vape seems to be a soldering iron with a brass bucket on the end, with a glass jar as a lid and a plastic whip. It's in my old Bergen in my mum's loft still, I'll try and remember to pull it out when I do her shopping tomorrow, find the name and take a pic for you guys to laugh at.

My second worst is only a year or so old, was used once then thrown into a draw as a useless piece of trash. It's a cheap Waxx wax vaporiser pen, seems to be discontinued but Everyone Does It still sell the heater and mouthpiece as a spare part! https://www.everyonedoesit.co.uk/products/replacement-ceramic-atomiser-mouthpiece

It looks nice, has a full ceramic heating chamber and mouthpiece, but it never actually got hot enough to vaporize the shatter I bought it for.

[​IMG]

Question for any DIY'ers...is this piece of crap completely worthless or could it possibly be cannibalized into something useful? The heater has a 510 connection but I think it's pretty low-powered, bin it?

needalift and Hogni like this.
  12. Morty

Morty Well-Zoned Member

Least favorite vape I've used is the Lithe (don't know about worst ever though). Decent buzz but God awful flavor/taste. JMO, but a j would provide better flavor than Lithe. Just not for me.

needalift, duff and invertedisdead like this.
  13. EverythingsHazy

EverythingsHazy Well-Known Member

The Atmos Raw was so bad.
    [​IMG]

The Atmos Bullet 2-Go was even worse.
    [​IMG]

What did you dislike so much about the Vapir No2?

14. DrPiff

DrPiff Born To Rage

It tasted like plastic from the very first time I used it and I had very inconsistent battery life. I still have some positive memories of it though as it was my introduction into vaporization.

needalift and LesPlenty like this.
  15. snamuh

snamuh ghost

FF2.

(I'm not responding to replies)

needalift, LesPlenty and Hey Nineteen like this.
  16. Entorwellian

Entorwellian New Member

Atmos Jump for me. It was advertised as a beginners vape but it neither produced big clouds or got me high. When I checked the weed inside, it was slightly burned and the teeth that hold the mouthpiece in wore out in about 3 months. The mouthpiece also gave me first degree burns on my lips :(

Second vaporizer I got, Atmos Aegis, was not much better (it got me high at least) and I reserve it for my backup if my Solo 2 ever gave up. Its functional and has convectional heating, but the filter is silicone and has a funny smell to it when vaping. The mouthpiece teeth are also coming loose on it very quickly.

Just avoid all Atmos stuff.

newVaper420, needalift and LesPlenty like this.
  17. newVaper420

newVaper420 Vapor Enthusiast

Ok. I’ll second the Wispr. Not a fan of the butane. No temp change. That noise that comes out while it’s heating up. Eh. Bad first choice.

Now, people are going to hate on me for this one. My Arizer Extreme Q. Didn’t do any mods. Took a bit to heat up. Took a long time to extract everything. Just too long.

My Pax was fine for a long time so I’m not gonna hate on that.

Favorite Vape: Cloud Evo

needalift and LesPlenty like this.
  18. needalift

needalift Well-Known Member

I have a two..
    I once bought an Atmos Raw after going into a local vape and glass shop . The owner talked it up like it was great . I spent a week ( I know , entirely too long) with it trying different ways and ordered honeycomb screens and it still amounted to nothing more than a rechargeable pipe . Couldn’t return because it was used , but I did go back and leave it on the counter after explaining to the owner of a vape store what a vape was .
    Another dud for me was the vapor blunt . It did the job , but every draw tasted like plastic . Plus it was huge for a portable . I laughed my ass of the first time I put it in my pocket to go somewhere . I had to wear a long shirt to help keep the top half that was sticking out of my pocket hidden . There was no instant where this thing was stealthy .
    Luckily , I’ve enjoyed all my other purchases . Probably because I did my research here..:tup:

Jill NYC, newVaper420 and LesPlenty like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors