1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Worst vape ever?

Discussion in 'Vaporization Discussion' started by Astedra, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Astedra

Astedra Well-Known Member

I just broke out my wispr2 after not using it for a long time, and there where no big clouds, sometimes not even any clouds. I nominate it as the worse vape ever.

2. Seek

Seek Apprentice Daydreamer

I'm sure there are ton of much worse vapes than that. For example the cheap knock offs that burn its own plastic components and let you inhale that.

3. stonedbob

stonedbob 100% THC

snoop dogg "vaporizer"
    gpen

4. Ratchett

Ratchett Vape Accessories Delta3DStudios.com Accessory Maker

Years ago someone loaned me a HipVap Vaporizer. It was absolutely terrible, extremely week slow heater. And the worst part was the lack of airflow!

There was literally no airholes behind the oven to allow proper airflow into the vaporizer's oven. It was like sucking on a thick milkshake with a chunk of ice on the bottom of the straw. I checked the vapor path thinking it was clogged, it was not.

I wasted an entire load in the oven confirming the vape worked to cook the herb, but couldn't get any vapor clouds because I couldn't get any airflow through the vape.

It was the worst vape I ever used, coincidentally, I think the new Atmos Transporter uses the same body molds with a few different cutouts and internal components (never tried the Atmos version so I don't know if the airflow issue was ever fixed)

YaMon, IAmKrazy2, pxl_jockey and 5 others like this.
  5. mccringleberry

mccringleberry Well-Known Member

My friend has a Pax 1. I dont know if it's the worst vape ever, but that thing sucks compared to all other vapes I've ever tried. Has an undying bitter off-taste that I think comes from the materials and construction..

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  6. Alexis

Alexis Open minded philosopher and realist.

Vapir No 1- noisy, awkward, difficult, inconvenient and TOXIC piece of crap.

Possibly the worst £95 I ever spent, if not quite the worst vape ever!:argh:

I eventually threw it in the dustbin. It wasn't good enough for anything else.

7. Dynavaper

Dynavaper Karma Farmer & Dynavap Maniac

I always hated my Crafty. Expensive piece of plastic shit. Now stone me to death, S&B lovers...

8. OldNewbie

OldNewbie Well-Known Member

I agree with @Seek, there are a LOT of bad vapes out there based on manufacturing and design issues.

To really find the worst vape, I think it fair to not deal with a re-branded item and base complaints on basic design. For me, a "worst" vape was the Gpen elite. It is/was a Grenco model that was designed by them rather than a rebrand.

It is like the IQ in that it has a great form factor, precise temperature, conduction oven heating. It worked pretty good too--the first time. The secret is keeping the mouthpiece clear. A near impossible task with the mouthpiece screen just above the oven. If one were to not grind and keep the herb in larger pieces, it might be a pretty good vape. For me, that thing was toast in a first week. If one were meticulous in regular cleaning, it might not be a bad vape. If you are one who wants to run through a couple of ovens before peeling it apart to clean, probably not so much.

paehtod, pxl_jockey, Hubs88 and 2 others like this.
  9. stardustsailor

stardustsailor Well-Known Member Accessory Maker

It's because I can define one single vape as " THE best vape ever " ,
    all the rest are actually the "worse vapes ever".
    Every single one of them.

FuckTheBatteries.-

Cheers.
    :peace:

10. oddjobold

oddjobold Well-Known Member

When taking cost in to consideration

Firefly 2

£300 - to be told for the next 6 weeks i was not using it right. Thats how long it told me to sell it.

Milaana gives you great vapor even if you have no technique.

Only vape sequal thats worse than the original....

11. Jill NYC

Jill NYC Portable Collector

I agree with @mccringleberry about the Pax OG. That thing made everything taste like burnt fish. It was by far the worst tasting vape I ever owned or used. And don’t get me started on the cleaning!
    My Pinnacle Pro is also in the running. Nothing ever tasted good from it, but it also never had a burnt fish taste, so not quite as offensive. Plus, it came with the hydrotube, which before broken, was pretty awesome. But it tastes as close to combustion of any vapes I’ve ever tried. Yuck.

12. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

The Pinnacle Pro from Vaporblunt. With brittle plastic cracking and unhealthy vapor tinged with burning plastic. The company refused to replace my three units I bought. In the beginning I thought it was so great I bought three. All three had problems. I had one fixed and they charged me $60. I’m not even sure that they still make them. I love their water tube though.

I agree with the Vapir No 1 a plug in, loud and difficult to use. Too big of a bowl too - a weed hog. It looked like a blow dryer. It was my first vaporizer. I ended up going back to combusting for two more years before I saw the light.

Cheesequake, paehtod, KeroZen and 6 others like this.
  13. Mr. Gweilo 420

Mr. Gweilo 420 Dude

The infamous Atmos Raw and a special mention to the Grasshopper.

14. steama

steama Well-Known Member

themovape cera

pxl_jockey likes this.
  15. Alex3oe

Alex3oe Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

what a piece of crap

justcametomind, Astedra and Alexis like this.
  16. mccringleberry

mccringleberry Well-Known Member

I literally LOL'ed when I read this

KeroZen, Squiby and pxl_jockey like this.
  17. Alexis

Alexis Open minded philosopher and realist.

And this was the UPGRADE!

justcametomind and steama like this.
  18. pxl_jockey

pxl_jockey Barely-Known Member

Thanks guys! I think I like this thread rather more than I should, considering the vapes are rubbish. The posts are funny and very entertaining. Of course I only began my journey this year, so I had loads of respectable options and the MASSIVE benefit of a thriving, kind community to help guide my choices.

The veterans of the vaporization revolution certainly paid the price in ways I'll never have to. I'm glad you old-timers (not age-related) can laugh about your misfortune, now please continue with the stories of money squandered on antiquated devices that failed to deliver the dream of tasty clouds of vapor! It makes me feel like a kid again. :rofl:

19. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

The worst vape that I have ever used was the original Iolite.

I have no doubt though that there are worse vapes than that, that I have never used.

20. HD Springer

HD Springer Well-Known Member

Palm 2.0 was my first and worst vape purchase. It barely worked and fuck was it frustrating. Glad those “coaxing” days are behind us.

justcametomind and pxl_jockey like this.
  21. splitz

splitz Well-Known Member

grasshopper...ftw

22. Slagzord

Slagzord Don't fuckle with shuckle

Picked up one of these up back in the early 00s after trying a Volcano at a friend's place and realizing that vaporizing was the way forward. I tried so many times but it normally just took 20 minutes to combust or the material would just go flying everywhere. No idea where it went, I am glad I don't know. This thing should make even the most committed believer question god.

http://vaporizersale.com/bc-vaporizer-review/

edit: FIUCKSHITHATEHATEHATE. God, this jarred some PSVD (Post Shitty Vape Disorder). The beef will go with me to the grave. I remember sitting around being amazed at the original Iolite because this thing distorted all positive reality.

pxl_jockey and Chicken #420 like this.
  23. TeeJay1952

TeeJay1952 Well-Known Member

Life and knowledge are evolutionary. When you find something better your old stuff doesn't become bad. Circumstances and situations change as do hopes and desires. If you only have 50 bucks then 500 dollar units are superfluous. If you have no home, plugins less attractive. These are all just pieces of the puzzle. But the puzzle is constantly changing.:rockon::myday:

pxl_jockey and RUDE BOY like this.
  24. Astedra

Astedra Well-Known Member

Yeah vapes got better since the Wispr2.

25. Ratchett

Ratchett Vape Accessories Delta3DStudios.com Accessory Maker

Honestly, I think this is the real winner of the thread. The infamous Atmos Raw - aka a Juice vape with a large glass chamber and a coil to burn and combust your herb in 5 seconds flat. It was a combustion pen, not a vaporizer despite the false advertising printed all over the box.

How many of us know people who purchased an "Atmos Raw Dry Herb Vaporizer" only to think all vapes were equally shitty.

I'll never forget my former hairdresser who heard me raving about making the switch to vaporizing dry herbs and decided to impulse purchase an Atmos Raw on Groupon for $50 for herself. Boy was I unhappy when I heard she bought one without even asking my opinions on the Raw (damn Groupon!) - That was an expensive purchase for her and I hope she took my advice to file a chargeback with her bank

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors