Worried about 2012? Dont be, we may not make it that long.

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
This is a letter from a ER physician in texas, i got this info from this thread on the e-cig forums :http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-discussion/14842-texas-doctor-warns-patients-swine-flu.html

Here is just the letter portion below.

After I returned from a public health meeting yesterday with community leaders and school officials in Comal County and Hays County, Heather suggested I send an update to my patients in the area, because what we are hearing privately from the CDC and Health Department is different from what you are hearing in the media. Some of you know some of this, but I will just list what facts I know.

- The virus is infectious for about 2 days prior to symptom onset

- Virus spreads more than 7 days after symptom onset (possibly as long as 9 days) (this is more unusual than ordinary flu)

- Since it is such a novel (new) virus, there is no "herd immunity," so the "attack rate" is very high. This is the percentage of people who come down with a virus if exposed. Almost everyone who is exposed to this virus will become infected, though not all will be symptomatic. That is much higher than seasonal flu, which averages 10-15%. The "clinical attack rate" estimation from CDC and WHO may be around 40-50%. This is the number of people who show symptoms. This is a huge number. It is hard to convey the seriousness of this to those outside of the medical fields.

- The virulence (deadliness) of this virus is as bad here as in Mexico, and there are folks on ventilators here in the US, right now. This has not been in the media, but a 23 month old in Houston is fighting for his life, and a pregnant woman just south of San Antonio is fighting for her life. In Mexico, these folks might have died already, but here in the US, folks are getting Tamiflu or Relenza quickly, and we have ready access to ventilators. What this means is that within a couple of weeks, regional hospitals will likely become overwhelmed.

- Some of the kids with positive cases in Comal County have had more than 70 contacts before diagnosis as a minimum figure.

- There are 10-25 times more actual cases (not "possible" cases -- ACTUAL), than what is being reported in the media. The way they fudge on reporting this is that it takes 3 days to get the confirmatory nod from the CDC on a given viral culture, but based on epidemiological grounds, we know that there are more than 10 cases for each "confirmed" case right now.

- During the night, we crossed the threshold for the definition of a WHO, Phase 6 global pandemic. This has not happened in any of our lifetimes so far. We are in uncharted territory.

- They are advising President Obama to declare an emergency sometime in the next 72-96 hours. This may not happen, but if it doesn't, I will be surprised. When this happens, all public gathering will be canceled for 10 days minimum.

- I suggest all of us avoid public gatherings. Outdoor activities are not as likely to lead to infection. It is contained areas and close contact that are the biggest risk.

- I suggest all of us avoid public gatherings. Outdoor activities are not as likely to lead to infection. It is contained areas and close contact that are the biggest risk.

- Tamiflu is running out. There is a national stockpile, but it will have to be carefully managed for law enforcement and first responders as it is not enough to treat the likely number of infections when this is full-blown. I don't think there is a big supply of Relenza, but I do not know those numbers. If I had to choose, I would take Relenza, as I think it gets more drug to the affected tissue than Tamiflu.

- You should avoid going to the ER if you think you have been exposed or are symptomatic. ER's south of here are becoming overwhelmed today-- and I mean that -- already. It is coming in waves, but the waves are getting bigger.

- It appears that this flu produces a distinctive "hoarseness" in many victims. The symptoms, in general, match other flu's; namely, sore throat, body aches, headache, cough, and fever. What is not too common in regular flu cycles is vomiting and diarrhea which seems to be associated with this, further dehydrating victims. Some have all these symptoms, while others may have only one or two.

- N-Acetyl-Cysteine -- a nutritional supplement available at the health food store or Wimberley Pharmacy, has been shown to prevent or lessen the severity of influenza. I suggest 1200mg, twice a day for adults, and 600mg twice a day in kids over 12. It would be hard to get kids under 12 to take it, but you could try opening the capsules and putting it on yogurt. For 40 pounds and up, 300-600 mg twice a day, for less than 40 pounds, half that.

- Oscillococinum, a homeopathic remedy, has been vindicated as quite effective in a large clinical trial in Europe, with an H1N1 variant. You can buy this at Hill Country Natural Foods, or the Wimberley Pharmacy.

If any of my patients become ill, or suspect infection, call the office, do not come without calling and DO NOT go to the ER. If one member in a family is identified all would be given the Tamiflu or Relenza (that is normal course of action) if there is enough distributed to fill prescriptions. Public health stated that one family member identified or suspected to have contracted the flu it will require the whole family to be quarantined in their own home until enough time has passed for the remaining household to have contracted it or be considered infection free ( 7 to 10 days per person). As another suggestion, if any member of the family is on routine medication- fill those prescriptions now. Have plenty fluids, Motrin, soups, etc available and make contingency plans in case your family is affected.

Dr. Marcus Gitterle
New Braunfels, TX
Prepared for a pandemic guys? I know im not.

Survivalism,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
High n Dry said:
come on your survialism will kick in!
Hahaha i sure hope nothing actually happens with this, if their is an actual massive outbreak then i am quarantining myself to my house, no way my family could afford to treat someone thats sick with a potentially deadly flu.

Survivalism,

lwien

Here's something to consider to help bring this into perspective.

Question. How many people have died from the swine flu this year in the US?
Answer---------1

Question. How many people have died last year from the regular flu in the US?
Answer---------36,000

lwien,

Frickr

another thing they arent telling people in the news, and i found this out from my mom (nurse) is they think that this is a bioengeneered strain of flu. inother words, its a flu strain that has been genetically modified by man for bioterrorism.

Frickr,

lwien

Frickr said:
another thing they arent telling people in the news, and i found this out from my mom (nurse) is they think that this is a bioengeneered strain of flu. inother words, its a flu strain that has been genetically modified by man for bioterrorism.
While just about anything is possible, I have no doubt that the conspiracy theorists will come out in full force on this one. They always do when anything that threatens our sense of security raises its head.

Swine flu has been around for almost 90 years before they were able to genetically modify anything, and it was a variant of this flue that caused the pandemic of 1918.

Could it be that this particular strain was bioengineered? Sure, why not? But is it probable? I think not.

lwien,

Frickr

well one of the ladies where my mom works works with the cdc. so i trust my source, take of it what you wish. i dont think it changes the severity of the pandemic, but as sensored as our news and media is, it makes sence that they wouldnt put something like this in there. If you tell people its an act of bioterrorizm, people are going to panic alot more then they already are.

Frickr,

lwien

Frickr said:
well one of the ladies where my mom works works with the cdc. so i trust my source, take of it what you wish. i dont think it changes the severity of the pandemic, but as sensored as our news and media is, it makes sence that they wouldnt put something like this in there. If you tell people its an act of bioterrorizm, people are going to panic alot more then they already are.
Like I said, possible, but not probable.

I have no doubt that rumors fly around everywhere, including the CDC, but it's also true that the CDC must look at ALL of the possibilities for their analysis, including the possibility of genetically engineered strains.

But regarding censorship in the media, all one has to do is look at all the shit that the media broke that the government very much wanted to keep under wraps. This government has a VERY difficult time keeping anything secret, and it's not just this government we're talking about. It's every government in the world, and not one of them, nor any "real" news agency in the world, is claiming that this is bio-terrorizm.

That's not saying that it's not, but I highly doubt it.

lwien,

The_Algebraist

Ultimately, better be safe than sorry, no? I mean, not paranoid safe, but just being mindful. Maybe it's just chance or whatever, but this week has been incredibly hectic work-wise, staying very late, having to get in to the office really early, so I've not had to ride the trains during rush hour, I haven't even been able to make it to the academy to train in a few days. I think a few days of trying to minimize contact in crowded spaces, especially taking a few days away from participating in close contact sports, isn't such a bad thing. At least for my own peace of mind. I'd hate to get sicl and give it to others.

The_Algebraist,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
http://doihaveswineflu.org/

Did you know that swine flu wipes out cannabinoid receptors in humans? :tinfoil:

I'm stocking up on maple bacon for the aporkalypse. Hopefully people start turning into zombies because video games have shown that to be pretty awesome.

vtac,

max

Out to lunch
Did you know that swine flu wipes out cannabinoid receptors in humans?
Are you kidding? Damn, knowing I could recover from the shit but couldn't get high anymore....just go ahead and kill me. :lol:

Here are some excerpts from an email newsletter I got the other day-definitely an anti-establishment view. I've been doing health research for a good ten years, and there's no doubt in my mind that in many respects, western mainstream medicine is 1) clueless about 'how to become and remain healthy' and 2) loaded with corruption due to greed and arrogance. I don't know that I buy the conspiracy theory stuff, but OTOH there's also no doubt in my mind that there are people out there who would, without remorse, kill millions of innocent people to further their twisted goals.

"For a population of seven million people, Hong Kong has stockpiled 20 million treatment courses of Tamiflu, a medicine to which the new swine flu virus has not yet developed resistance but it?s a toss up which is more dangerous, the swine flu or Tamiflu. Dr. Russell Blaylock writes, ?I was in the military during the first swine flu scare in 1976. At the time it became policy that all soldiers would be vaccinated for swine flu. As a medical officer I refused and almost faced a court martial, but the military didn't want the bad publicity. Despite the assurance by all the experts in virology, including Dr. Sabin, the epidemic never materialized. What did materialize were 500 cases of Gullian-Barre paralysis, including 25 deaths-not due to the swine flu itself, but as a direct result of the vaccine.?

Jon Barron writes, ?Pandemic doesn't mean what most people seem to think it means. A pandemic does not necessarily mean black-plague carts being hauled through the streets piled high with dead bodies. Nor does it mean flesh eating zombies wandering the streets feeding on the living. All a pandemic means is that a new infectious disease is spreading throughout the world. That's it. Symptoms associated with a given pandemic can be mild or deadly severe, but that has nothing to do with the word pandemic. It's quite possible to have a pandemic that kills very few people.?

It is good to remember how the CDC comes up with their number
of deaths from the flu. It was convoluted in that it wasn't the flu
itself causing deaths but the complications that arose from flu.

What is Really Going On

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBeKB7aKzOs

Dr Leonard Horowitz makes a case for a vaccine manufacturer letting loose a genetically modified bug to get what they need to move forward and increase demand for their vaccines. Very convincing must see video. Authorities have admitted that the current flu is a new combination but they are mum about who made it and why. The WHO is just now raising the pandemic alert level to level 5 indicating widespread human to human transmission. Someone and I doubt it was God, designed this virus for maximum effect though perhaps it will not be more dangerous than other flu outbreaks. It seems significant that it is not flu season. No matter how many people get this particular swine flu we have to do our best to reduce complications and deaths. The first step in this direction is to not administer or accept dangerous vaccines and medications like Tamiflu for all evidence and testimony seem to point to the dangers of doing so.

Investors hope this swine flu is the biggest thing since the bubonic plague. And they have it wrong on swine flu. It won't be an epidemic ? it'll barely even be a ripple. I've run medical clinics in Africa ? I know what an epidemic looks like. And this isn't it. Yes, they have apparently had some cases of bad swine flu in Mexico. They've had lots of dengue fever and chagas, too, but you don't need to stay up at night worrying about it. Beating the swine flu isn't
any different from beating the regular flu.
Dr. William Campbell Douglass II.

When it came to the bird flu threat Lanka said, ?We?re being asked to believe that migratory birds in Asia have been infected with an extremely dangerous, deadly virus. These mortally diseased birds then keep flying for weeks on end. They fly thousands of kilometres, and then in Romania, in Turkey, Greece and elsewhere infect hens, geese or other poultry, with which they have had no contact, and which within a very short time get diseased and die. But the migratory birds do not get diseased and do not die, but keep on flying, for weeks on end, thousands of kilometres. Anyone who believes this will also believe that babies are brought by the stork.?

Actually we are the most conditioned, programmed beings the world has ever known and believe just about anything fed to us through the media, especially in the area of medicine. Our thoughts and attitudes are continually being shaped and molded by dishonest people who implant the public consciousness with thousands of medical media clips each year.

Just think about how many times you've heard an evening news anchor spit out some variation on the phrase, "According to experts ...." and we are supposed to trust them, naturally, that?s what being an expert is all about, being trusted in ones field. In reality there are two kinds of "experts" in question -- the public relations spin doctors behind the scenes and the "independent" experts paraded before the public, scientists who have been hand-selected, cultivated, and paid handsomely to promote the views of corporations.

Dr. Lanka reminds us, ?Those side effects which are noted on the instruction slips accompanying packages of Tamiflu are almost identical to the symptoms of serious influenza. Thus, on a large scale, medicines are now being stored which cause precisely the same symptoms as those which appear in an actual so-called influenza. If Tamiflu is administered to sick persons, then this is likely to cause far more serious symptoms than those of a serious influenza. If a pandemic is stated to exist, then many people will take this medicine at the same time. In that case we will actually have unequivocal symptoms of a Tamiflu epidemic. Then deaths caused by Tamiflu are to be expected, and this will then be presented as evidence of the dangerous nature of the bird (or now swine) flu.?

Some suggest that this flu is no natural phenomenon, that it was caused by man, either unintentionally, or was caused or exacerbated by conditions created by factory farms. Some people think it is a beta test for bioterrorism. We know it started exactly at the time of Obama?s visit to Mexico and it was reported that one of the people he met was one of the first to die.6 Only a week later we have a report that Air Force One was strafing Manhattan causing New Yorkers to panic but we are told it was just a photo opt. Is the media fanning a firestorm of panic and fear, or are they covering up a growing threat from another direction? We really don?t know but no matter what the truth it?s a good idea to practice effective and safe preventive medicine.

Almost all of us believe in the terror of viruses and buy into the fear the medical industrial complex insists we should have about them. If they say so it must be so. The simple fact that health officials are not warning us of the real danger to our health speaks miles about the trust we should put in them about their warning of viral infections.

Mark Sircus Ac., OMD
Director International Medical Veritas Association"

max,

Instinct

Just don't take the vaccine and you'll most likely be fine. Way more people were hurt by the swine flu vaccine the last time around than the swine flu.

As far as not believing in conspiracy theories, is the prohibition of cannabis not a conspiracy? It's a documented fact that the government did a study in 1974 where they found out that thc kills cancer cells and they suppressed it.

Instinct,

lwien

Instinct said:
It's a documented fact that the government did a study in 1974 where they found out that thc kills cancer cells and they suppressed it.
Documented fact? Show me. Also, one needs to consider the source to help determine how factual the document really is, so yes, not only would I like to see this document, but I'd also like to know the source of it.

lwien,

Instinct

lwien said:
Instinct said:
It's a documented fact that the government did a study in 1974 where they found out that thc kills cancer cells and they suppressed it.
Documented fact? Show me. Also, one needs to consider the source to help determine how factual the document really is, so yes, not only would I like to see this document, but I'd also like to know the source of it.
http://www.alternet.org/story/9257/

Instinct,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Instinct said:
lwien said:
Instinct said:
http://www.alternet.org/story/9257/
My favorite quote from that article comes near the end:

"Unfortunately, the world bumps along between such moments of hope and long periods of intellectual castration."

stickstones,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
jeffp,

Mark

John Brown
Get a shot of protection.

Get shot.

"Swine flu can't catch me if i'm dead!"

Mark,
Top Bottom