• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Working with ABV: Dry vs Oil?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I'm getting ready to do something with some ABV. Maybe a honey tincture, maybe capsules, maybe a salve.
I don't really know yet. Other then color/chlorophyll, is it advantageous to wash the ABV using QWISO and work with a concentrate or just wrap the abv in cheesecloth and steep it? It seems like if I turn the ABV to a concentrate, it will be cleaner to work with for cooking as all the straining and plant matter will be taken care of during the QWISO wash. I have never done anything with ABV before though, so I don't know what to expect. Any better taste from the concentrate? Thanks.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: thesoloman

thesoloman

I would say make a salve, they work great for pain.
If you eat abv, it will taste bad.
Make qwiso with it and then dissolve you oil into coconut oil and bees wax.
The results are a nice pain reliving cream.

thesoloman,

LongIslandmom

Ok what is this I also I'm trying to use my AVB. I don't even think I have enough. Only 4 oz maybe less after grinding. I bought the crock pot. I have the oil. Now what

LongIslandmom,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Does the QWISO oil need to simmer for 24 hours in the coconut oil like using raw AVB, or does it just need to melt in?

invertedisdead,

LongIslandmom

Does the QWISO oil need to simmer for 24 hours in the coconut oil like using raw AVB, or does it just need to melt in?
24 hours? I have some people saying that you give it 4 hours; some 6? What is QWISO oil? Man I am so dumb at this stuff.

LongIslandmom,

grokit

well-worn member
24 hours? I have some people saying that you give it 4 hours; some 6? What is QWISO oil? Man I am so dumb at this stuff.
I'm pretty sure the iso part is alcohol so a tincture made into oil?

Sorry I don't know what the qu part stands for, I have a lot to learn in this area as well.

grokit,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
QWISO stands for Quick Wash - ISO (propyl alcohol)

You don't even have to do a quick wash, but it's preferable because longer washes only increase chlorophyll (AKA Green/black oil) BHO does not extract chlorophyll so it's not talked about a whole lot as a lot of people seem to prefer BHO.

]

invertedisdead,
Reactions: grokit
Top Bottom