1. If the Herbalizer was a fortune cookie what would it say? Tell us and win it!
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

workin at a headshop, any questions?

Discussion in 'The Vapor Lounge' started by clukx, Feb 9, 2014.

1. clukx

clukx Active Member

bored on a snowy sunday here at work...any questions you ever thought about a lhs?
  2. macbill

macbill I Pick therefore I Grin

What's the average markup on glass?
  3. clukx

clukx Active Member

enough to be able to give you amazing deals when you have cash :) or to throw in free stuff (which probably was only free because the markup on your glass paid for it)
  4. poonman

poonman Well-Known Member

What's your best selling portable and desk top vaporizer ?
    from your inventory .
  5. clukx

clukx Active Member

Micro g pens for portable and standar digital box vapea for home.. people are cheap here.. we have arizer producta vaporblunt prosucts soon the pax and more! most people still want the cheapest route in my area
  6. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

Do you work on commission?
    Do they spiff the items that they want you to sell based on profit margin?
    Do you have the freedom to negotiate down to cost if necessary rather than lose a sale?
  7. clukx

clukx Active Member

I currently do.not make commission weve only been open 2.5 months i get paid well.. and nope obviously i want to sell the most expensive products but i wont bullshit you. . I can negotiate almost as much as i want i wouldnt go down to cost though i dont think. Once i have though to help out someone new to dabbing sold hom a rig at cost and then all the accessories at normal price still a great deal.
    SSVUN~YAH and lwien like this.
  8. poonman

poonman Well-Known Member

Are you located in a Legal State ?
    and
    Have you ever shown/directed patrons to FC/youtube vids for sales? maybe you have a laptop lying around .
    also
    I'm guessing your boss is cool with you medicating at work ?
    oklahomie likes this.
  9. clukx

clukx Active Member

I am in a legal state for the .most part i dont care if you say bong or weed. And i recommend anyone to fc when looking for a quality vape and who seems seriously interested in learninf
  10. Enchantre

Enchantre A short, pithy statement

I was referred to FC by a cool dude at a LHS... we were looking at the pretty glass, and muttering about not wanting to smoke our meds. He didn't say "fuck combustion".. he wrote it out on a piece of scratch paper, looking a little embarrassed.

He's one of our favorite dudes there, of course. I've gotten a couple of pieces of glass, a few little pieces, and a glass pipe for when it is really needed (not very often). Oh, and my oil rig.

The selection of vapes seems to be limited to flavor of the month portables, and a couple of dusty DBs and I think an SSV. Oh, they do carry W9 vapes, too. So, yeah, a few good options.

I have no question... just stream of consciousness stuff today.
    flotntoke, SSVUN~YAH and deadheadbill like this.
  11. clukx

clukx Active Member

Seemed almost like me scribbling it down on paper lol no w9 products yet although i use my omicron and persei daily
    Enchantre likes this.
  12. Tweek

Tweek Well-Known Member

What's working at a head shop like for a chicken?

**Just assuming by your username that you are in fact, a chicken. Yes we've been down this road before. Just roll with it. :D
  13. clukx

clukx Active Member

It's great :) you remember my old thread talkin about quitting my job for this one
    SSVUN~YAH, RUDE BOY, SD_haze and 2 others like this.
  14. Tweek

Tweek Well-Known Member

I do! Glad to hear everything is going well, my man. Congrats for taking the leap :cheers:
    SSVUN~YAH, RUDE BOY and nopartofme like this.
  15. clukx

clukx Active Member

Fuckit YOLO (just kidding but seriously)
    Tweek likes this.
  16. EveryDayAmnesiac

EveryDayAmnesiac Some things can't be fixed.

Do you prefer (and remember) when educated folks come in and talk down your prices? Or do you prefer to have idiot college kids come through and drop money that's not theirs?

Do you ever hear people talk about me? :ko:
    SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  17. clukx

clukx Active Member

i like both for different reasons educated folks i do remember and hook up and dont mind spending an hour picking the piece a helping out. But a quick painlesa haggle free sale is always nice and i hear you mentioned quite often
  18. SD_haze

SD_haze MMJ Vaporist

Are your standard glass adapters above, or below, my "average baseline" of $10? :p
    SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  19. Enchantre

Enchantre A short, pithy statement

I suddenly feel like I'm on the old game show "what's my line?" ... only, it's more like "figure out which LHS I work at"

LOL

Gee whiz, I just seriously dated myself.

Oh, hey, there you go. How freaked do you get when asked for a senior discount on glass? :D
    I always feel like we are so odd-ball when we go. No dreads, no... oh, take it back, my hubby does like to wear tie-dye, and he has a ponytail (and bald in front. so shoot me)... but, I'm just a dumpy, older woman. no tattoos.
  20. deadheadbill

deadheadbill I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...

Are you a hot chick with pierced nipples like the girl at my lhs?
    havealight101, turk, Tweek and 2 others like this.
  21. SD_haze

SD_haze MMJ Vaporist

I feel like there's a story behind that... :lol:
  22. notmyrealUSERname

notmyrealUSERname Notmy Well-Known Member

What do you sell the most of; combustion pieces/accessories, concentrates pieces/accs, or vaping pieces/accs?
  23. Tweek

Tweek Well-Known Member

I promised not to tell but...Bill is the hot chick with pierced nipples. :razz:
  24. clukx

clukx Active Member

theyre all around 10 bucks!
    senior discount is usually the medical discount, unless youre super cool!
    No. lol in my experience headshop girls are un-informed i was hired because i know whats up!
    Enchantre and SD_haze like this.
  25. RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY Space is the Place

Yeah but we don't care about your nipples as informed as you are.

Without making a pretty long outing for me I don't get to many headshops these days as all the shops around here just sell crap so pierced nipples are a plus

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors