Woodstock revisited

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Gulfstream, you were in Woodstock? Back when?

Would have been fun, with a couple VapCaps in hand. And a kilo. Shrooms. LSD

zsmm49.jpg

Last edited:

Papi

SevGen
vg7v6a.jpg
It was one year AFTER Woodstock that I started hitching around the country on my own. It has always killed me that I could have been there if it were one year later. :bang:
Wow someone my age!
I wasn't at woodstock but i was at Atlanta 1 july4 1969 a month before woodstock. Then atlanta 2 with 500,000 a year later for Hendrix last US performance and zepplins first US show before their first album ...if my memory serves or maybe they were at atlanta 1. O well ,it was a long time ago and yes i have the t shirt somewhere...pic to come. I found the t shirt. Atlanta 1 at atlanta raceway. Atlanta2 south of atlanta in the pine trees maybe near Byron Ga., i don't recall.. wonder why? Edit. Zepplin was Atlanta 1

Last edited:

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
vg7v6a.jpg

Wow someone my age!
I wasn't at woodstock but i was at Atlanta 1 july4 1969 a month before woodstock. Then atlanta 2 with 500,000 a year later for Hendrix last US performance and zepplins first US show before their first album ...if my memory serves or maybe they were at atlanta 1. O well ,it was a long time ago and yes i have the t shirt somewhere...pic to come. I found the t shirt. Atlanta 1 at atlanta raceway. Atlanta2 south of atlanta in the pine trees maybe near Byron Ga., i don't recall.. wonder why? Edit. Zepplin was Atlanta 1
I didn’t get the t-shirt - well done, holding on to it all these years.
Pretty certain Led Zep was not there, but Grand Funk Railroad had their national coming-out.

Strange that I don’t remember the music at all...the crowd was HUGE....

ClearBlueLou,

Papi

SevGen
I didn’t get the t-shirt - well done, holding on to it all these years.
Pretty certain Led Zep was not there, but Grand Funk Railroad had their national coming-out.

Strange that I don’t remember the music at all...the crowd was HUGE....
Zepplin was at atlanta 1 in 1969.
That evenings lineup was Canned heat then Credence clearwater then Spirit then Zepplin then Janis.
As far as i can recall. I do remember that the guy that sold the t shirt also sold me some purple microdot and orange barrel so my recollection may be different from actual events. Hendrix was definitely atlanta2 in 1970

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I was 16 and living in the SW S.F. Bay Area near San Jose when Woodstock happened. I can't say if I was even aware of the event. But I was in Paris, France when the movie came out, and the first time I saw Woodstock I was in a theater on the Champs-Élysées near the Arc de Triomphe. It was summertime, and high tourist season, so I was not the only American in the audience.

To me it seemed the French audience watched in stunned silence while we Americans shouted out the "Fish Cheer" along with Country Joe McDonald. I'd have to say it seemed only the Americans applauded at the end. Good memories.

Top Bottom