Woodeez Vs MyrtleZap

collegerower

I am in need of a little advice in terms of what vaporizer to get for my girlfriend and I.

The vape will only be used by the two of us 90% of the time, and efficiency is very important. She does not like to smoke things, so a vape is the logical choice.

After researching for a while I wanted a Purple Days, but we cant wait the 2-3 months that it would take to get it. If not for the wait, I would but one in a heartbeat.

My first question, and main one, is what are the differences between the Woodeez and the Myrtlezap? I know the MZ uses brass, and I think the Woodeez does not?

I know the MZ states to only have a 90 day warranty, but Rick has stated that he will help anyone that needs work done "well after 90 days".

I also realize that the Woodeez is a relatively new product, and as such there are a few reviews other then ones posted in the product thread here.

I would build a PD, but I do not enjoy that kind of thing, plus dont have the tools, plus I am not good at that kind of thing.

Is there any reason to get one over the other?

I know there is a huge loyalty to the PD here, but as someone who is new to the world of vaporizers I dont have that devotion.

Thanks!

collegerower,

lwien

Being that efficiency is at the top of my list, if I couldn't get a PD, I'd go for the Zap. Both of these manufacturers have been around for awhile. Their success and customer service in this market is well established and I would much rather do business with someone who has a better chance in being around for awhile.

But for me, the PD would be worth the wait while totally understanding that it may not be worth the wait for others.

lwien,

vape4health

I love my Woodeez and Todd has been perfect to deal with , I couldn't ask for more .

vape4health,

aero18

vaporist
If I were you, I'd go for the MyrtleZap. The wood is just too beautiful to pass up on.

aero18,

collegerower

Thanks for the advice. Its been really hard to gauge which one I would like better.

collegerower,

vape4health

You see some of them pictures in the MZ thread a few page's back , :o , nice stuff .

vape4health,

collegerower

vape4health said:
You see some of them pictures in the MZ thread a few page's back , :o , nice stuff .
It is interesting that you point that out, because I was thinking the same thing. But at the same point you got the Woodeez instead. May I ask why?

collegerower,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Thats what it came down to for me.

They are BOTH excellent HiPS vapes.
They are BOTH stupidly efficient.
(The list goes on - you get the point)

For me it was a matter of functional art. Both are nice to look at, but my Zap is a bit more soulful for me.

AGBeer,

vape4health

collegerower said:
May I ask why?
Sure . After a couple whip vapes I was kinda looking at a PD being on the list as next up to buy , but then a thread was started about a ebay seller with a wooden vape . You can still find it , its just closed . So after seeing that the seller was someone I had ordered a DBV from befor , he live's close to me so shipping is overnight , I sent a few email asking about the vape and if he was making them himself or .. So I ordered one .

Its funny , 2 nights befor I found out about the WDZ I was on the last step of ordering a Primo MZ , it was late so I was like wait till morning to be sure , then I read about the woodeez befor making it back to zap land .

From everything I been reading , all 3 vapes are :rockon:

vape4health,

collegerower

vape4health said:
From everything I been reading , all 3 vapes are :rockon:
I guess I agree that all three Vapes are about on the same page. I think I would rather sacrifice the cool looks of the Zap for the brass free qualities of the WDZ. For some reason I am nervous about the WDZ because it is a relatively new product and as such has only a handful of reviews.

Thanks for the input.

collegerower,

vape4health

Something else to think about , the Vapor Genie is only 55 bucks and worth every penny . And the only reason I say that ( I see your looking into the small load , wooden vape's ) is my girlfriend is head over heels about the VG , I was worried she would not like it because she dont like : WDZ , says to hard to draw , thats my fault for packing tight : the MF box , says its too hot and dries her mouth : the Iolite , she just hates it , only tried it a few times and will not use it any more no clue why . The buddha WAS our fav but the VG jumped right into the daily driver seat .

I still like the WDZ just fine , them small loads make it super easy to save herb , but when your dealing with 2 people you have meet in the middle ya know .

vape4health,

collegerower

Thanks for the input. I have shown the girlfriend the VG before, and she is turned off by the flame and pipe look of it. We have used a hot box before, but she complained that she felt she didnt get as high. I wish we could just try a VG or WDZ/PD/MZ before pulling the trigger, but no one around us has one. :(

I am kinda at a loss as to what to do... I just know she hates to combust cause it hurts her lungs...

collegerower,

vape4health

I was in the same boat , I wanted to try them all, so I ended up with a few vapes . And still I cant say that one is best , they all have a time and place .

vape4health,

OldGuy

After reading what others have posted about the MZ and WDZ, I would not hesitate to buy either of these vaporizers / diffusers. I believe they are functionally more alike than they are different.

It's my understanding from this forum that both Rick (MZ) and Todd (WDZ) are able to work with you to (reasonably) customize your order. You appear to already have done a bit of research in this forum. Decide what's really important to you (extra vapor tubes, shorty vapor tubes, long vapor tubes, car adapter, extra ac adapter, LED, essential oils holder, warranty, wood, etc., and email both guys to see who can best fit your needs. I believe you will enjoy using either one.

OldGuy,

collegerower

I am thinking the MZ rout now. I am going to shoot Rick an e-mail with a few questions.

Quick question though, what would a different length tube achieve?

collegerower,

collegerower

Great!

Lastly (and I can make a new thread if that is preferred around here) can anyone recommend a good cheap grinder? I will need something to grind my herbs with for my new Vape. I know there are a million on ebay, but i didnt know if there was a better source.

Thanks again!

collegerower,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
For coolness of vapor you can add either just a silicon or vinyl tube to the stems...
Or you can connect that same tubing to a water pipe/bong/tube.
Read the posts of the makers of the units and see which person you like...
There has been quite a bit of reporting that brass is not really an issue but if you feel nervous about it anyway, then there's your answer.
From what I've heard it seems all 3 are excellent vaporizers.
I like my Myrtlezap because it's beautiful and the little flower with a dragonfly on top makes it look totally discreet when I'm not using it to vaporize. Not sure what - if anything - the other 2 have on top...?

MoeOnTheMoon,

mnmlh

I agree with the others that you probably can't go wrong with either, although I feel that there is more to base a decision on with the MZ. All I know is that with the koozie on 12v in a temperate environment with excellent dry herb, I can blow massive clouds now. Way more than I want to hold in, or ever expected to achieve with this little thing. I think I am realizing what some others have said who own larger, more productive vapes, about this being comparable in output but way more efficient. The way I see it, these types of vapes are keeping the heat in such a small area, it minimizes the heat paths that form through the herb, offering less insulation from other material. Stirring fixes this in a bigger vape, but the parts that fall outside of the vapor paths may not have been completely vaped, and what are the chances that you will have those bits make it back into a hot stream evenly?

Basically, it's like cooking something in an oven with hot spots and trying to move around your food and try to cook everything evenly. There will be overlap in the finished result, leaving some parts done perfectly, some overcooked, and some raw. I don't think the ABV can be judged visually very well. Maybe to the hardcore enthusiast, but it seems that I can get a lot of extra goodies off a crispy brown bowl. :2c:

mnmlh,
Top Bottom