Woman acquitted of cannabis DUI in Denver

Jared

Cannabis Enthusiast
Woman driving in Denver with expired tags was pulled over and given a field sobriety test because the officer smelled cannabis. Officer said she failed. The jury understood that the officer can make up whatever results he wants to for a field sobriety test, sober or not, and also that cannabis does not impair you in the same way as alcohol, and acquitted her. I'm actually extremely surprised the jury was so competent but I'm extremely happy they were. She also turned down plea bargains that would've required her to not use cannabis for two years. Just an all around win for the good guys.

http://kdvr.com/2015/07/17/driver-acquitted-of-marijuana-dui-despite-high-blood-test/

Last edited:

Devid87

I am quite amazed how she can be let go in this case. If this has been a man, I am quite sure that he would be behind the bars by now. My cousin who works with a DUI lawyer was equally amazed when I told him about this case. Quite strange, isn’t it?

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
I'm sure it cost her quite a bit in legal fees.

Measuring THC levels to determine inebriation is really problematic for medical and daily use people. It stays in the body too long.

Edit: It was a little funny how she got pulled over for driving too slowly. :)

syrupy,
Reactions: Snappo

gaseous_clay

Honestly, I think she should try to find a place to live in walkable/cycleable distance from her job. I have driven while high and been very careful... and had to be told by a passenger I was making a turn onto a one-way street going the wrong way. When you're sober it is easy enough to miss something. All it takes is a fraction of a second.

Top Bottom