Discontinued WizVape new portable in 2013

toros23

Heard back from Wizvape people today, they didn't even try to offer a replacement. They just said to send the unit back and I would receive a full refund. Thought I was gonna have to do some work here but so far, so good.

I find it pretty weird they don't even want to try a replacement but am relieved nonetheless.

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I just can't find the heart to stick weed in this thing. The stir knob is next to impossible to turn and if its hot and your hand sweats a little bit fogettaboutit. Luckily I will get my loot back and not waste another 250 with the ascent, it's paid for already plus $20 in my pocket!

smknochk

nosmknochk
Got my wizvape today and must say I'm pleased...the stir thing was a bit difficult at first but once I broke it in it was ready to go..I put it on high and it toasted my purple really good nice taste not to much visible vapor and it got nice and hott but did not burn the purp...I'm keeping mine.

smknochk,
Reactions: mrweed

toros23

I finally heard back from someone other than the person who told me to return it:

You have most likely received a defective unit. The temperature spec for the heater element at max setting should be no less than 650ºC uncovered. With the bowl, the temperature measured at the glass on the bottom should reach 240ºC after one cycle, and 260ºC by the second cycle. We are truly sorry to hear that your unit did not function properly and would like to send you another if you're willing to consider giving it a second try. If not, we will gladly refund your purchase.​

Decisions, decisions.. Anyone else had any luck besides smknochk?

Anyone else with a WizVape have an IR thermometer??

toros23,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
I say go for it toros, the money's already spent! Then if the second one is a turd go for that refund.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

toros23

I say go for it toros, the money's already spent! Then if the second one is a turd go for that refund.

I think I will ask them to test it and if they see an issue with mine then I will give it another shot. I don't have much experience with vapes that rely solely on radiant heat, so my assumptions on the design being faulty could be wrong.

BTW - My stir knob also turns easy now.. Took about 30 minutes of use for it to ease up.

toros23,

toros23

Who does? This is the first one I've heard of.

True.. Make that, I don't have *any* experience with radiant heat vapes.

Mine seemed to be on the verge of producing vapor, so maybe another 70-100 degrees at the bottom of the glass crucible could work. At least that is what I am thinking after seeing smknochk post that he is at least getting some flavor and light vapor.

toros23,

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Ah man! This thing is still here saying try me, try me! The wizvape crew sent me back a return label but now I'm torn! O well gonna go flip a coin. Best of three right? ;)

Custom Flower Hardware,

toros23

Ah man! This thing is still here saying try me, try me! The wizvape crew sent me back a return label but now I'm torn! O well gonna go flip a coin. Best of three right? ;)

It would be great if you could try it out.. What have you got to lose, they seem to be really cool about returns and are even sending out UPS labels. You gotta admit, that is unexpected..

So far we got 2 that say no go and 1 that likes it.. Another data point would be really good. I decided I am going to give it another try, but gonna take at least a week to turn around if they only want to use UPS.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Got my wizvape today and must say I'm pleased...the stir thing was a bit difficult at first but once I broke it in it was ready to go..I put it on high and it toasted my purple really good nice taste not to much visible vapor and it got nice and hott but did not burn the purp...I'm keeping mine.
Sounds like you got a little better results, but the no vapor thing kinda makes me hesitant on trying a replacement. Hopefully the no vapor is a learning curve thing? Makes me want to try a replacement.

I will say that the return shipping label really surprised me as well, ive always had to pay to mail faulty units back

Mynameismud,
Reactions: Tweek

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
It would be great if you could try it out.. What have you got to lose, they seem to be really cool about returns and are even sending out UPS labels. You gotta admit, that is unexpected..

So far we got 2 that say no go and 1 that likes it.. Another data point would be really good. I decided I am going to give it another try, but gonna take at least a week to turn around if they only want to use UPS.

You talked me into it :) Bout an hour to test launch then i'll post my results. My daily drivers are Cera and Davinci. I use the Pax once in a while and the pinnacle with the WT when friends are over so I have pretty much mastered all the different portables out there so I'm thinking if this does hit temp, I should be able to blow some nice clouds but we'll see :cool:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I just want to point out that you can get completely blasted without ever getting visible vapour. The obsession with thick visible clouds comes from expecting combustion results, in my opinion. Visible vapour has a higher particulate content, which also makes it harsher. Harshness is another leftover from combustion that people expect and that I, for one, could do without. There's a comprehensive discussion of this in the MFLB Vaporpedia entry.

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
I just want to point out that you can get completely blasted without ever getting visible vapour. The obsession with thick visible clouds comes from expecting combustion results, in my opinion. Visible vapour has a higher particulate content, which also makes it harsher. Harshness is another leftover from combustion that people expect and that I, for one, could do without. There's a comprehensive discussion of this in the MFLB Vaporpedia entry.
if you don't like visible vapor then don't have it:p.. i don't think anyone doubts that non-visible vapor works.. take any vehicle you like as long as it gets you where you are trying to go.. and you like how it gets you there.. IMO its more a preference thing than an obsession thing.. 'obsession' paints a pic i don't agree w/.. but aside from that, i hear that. i hope you don't take this the wrong way i'm just teasing.. definitely don't care to debate about it.. but i do think knowing if a vape is capable of it, and how capable it is.. is worth mentioning.

Buildozer,

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
OK. Just tried it. My Cera saw me with it and smacked the shit out of the Wiz and sent it packing back down the yellow brick road! :tup: I had no taste, vapor, notta after 4 heat cycles on high temp. I stired it to and I like this less then the OG Iolite. The workmanship and materials speak for themselves. I cannot go on with this while Tte Ascent is less money and you can prally drop that fucker off the roof and it would still work. Sorry,I would buy any of my other vapes twice before even looking at one of these again. This is just my personal opinion, but not even worth my time to try to figure it out,even if it's a learning curve issue. I learned not to purchase a POS from, Singapore/China/Pluto. Ouch..Sorry Wizvape:D

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
guys, even if they'll send you a replacement unit I'm very sure you won't have lots of fun with it. There are already so much malfunctioning devices out there... I would never trust this thing, but i feel sorry for this company. They seem nice, maybe their only mistake was to outsource production. I'm sure this is a financial disaster for them

mrweed,

smknochk

nosmknochk
After a full days use of the wizvape I have to change my view.this product is a good idea poorly executed. The stir heat mechanis broke and I am sending it back. I would not recommend this product to anyone. Sorry if I led anyone towards a purchase of this carpterpeice.

smknochk,
Top Bottom