Winterized rick simpson oil?

amberevil

I make canna caps from bho. I use a ratio of 1g bho/2ml coconut oil/half ml soy lecithin.

Can you winterize rick simpson oil.
To save money on butane I want to start using 99 iso. I am using a leaf mix starting material and I dont want to soak twice, but I do want to get all the cannabinoids.

I currently use 0 size gel cap and I like the size, I dont really want to have to make them bigger. But I only fill them half way, so there is some more room.

So I feel like i should be somewhere between a qwiso and a rick simpson oil. I dont want too much gunk but im definitely not worried some.

Should I do a little bit longer than normal qwiso or winterize rs oil?

amberevil,

tepictoton

What exactly is your problem with the way you are using it now?

Sounds like you got it down okay, I mean, you are using coconut oil and soya lecithin already, so i would not worry either ;-)

Why would you want to winterize the oil? When using orally the fats, lipids, and partly the chlorophyll actually will add something! Why would you want to take it out?

And if you are worried about getting out all the actives, then you can always do a warm wash with ISO as explained by badkittysmiles at badkat's cannapharm. This will give you most of the actives but will also pull a lot of chlorophyll from the material. Again, when used orally this is not a problem.

I personally have never been able to 'reproduce' the results I get with butane with alcohol alone (or ISO). Butane would always give me the higher returns...:2c: But I am sure others here will disagree and might have had another experience.

tepictoton,

amberevil

The problem is both cost from using whip it butane, and to cut down on labor of doing many runs threw my extraction tube.

The caps I make now are great. Im trying to keep them as good while cuting cost and labor.

Your right im not worried about chlorophyll or some fats and lipids, but I dont want to have to increase the size of the caps I use. I use a size 0 and fill half way so there is some roo for more. I would only winterize if a full cap wasnt strong enough.

I should read more from bad kat.

krusht

I make canna caps from bho. I use a ratio of 1g bho/2ml coconut oil/half ml soy lecithin.

Can you winterize rick simpson oil.
To save money on butane I want to start using 99 iso. I am using a leaf mix starting material and I dont want to soak twice, but I do want to get all the cannabinoids.

I currently use 0 size gel cap and I like the size, I dont really want to have to make them bigger. But I only fill them half way, so there is some more room.

So I feel like i should be somewhere between a qwiso and a rick simpson oil. I dont want too much gunk but im definitely not worried some.

Should I do a little bit longer than normal qwiso or winterize rs oil?

Hey Brother - You're asking a very g question & this is what I know from only 3 years.

If we use ISO @ room temps (21c/72f) it removes most (95% or more) of the cannabinoids but also a lot of chlorophyll and thus seems to yield "dark" thicker oil, but if the oil gets spread thinly on a paper, it is buttery-amber under a scope - and top quality! I'm just sayin' ...
If you want the very best from waste material, freeze it!

For RSO as medical warfare against disease, Rick Simpson's MO is perfect -I always pull out as much lumber & leaf as possible - bone dry - doing a 2nd wash/mash as per Rick's video, and yes, it is basic, but RSO is medicine, not ego!

Appearance or fitness for dabbing and taste while vaping are valid points for connoisseurs toking, but the concerns of a cancer patient lie elsewhere, so I choose both methods.

Firstly, some shyte :2c: I have learnt over the years :myday: - Grain alcohol (Everclear) @ 95% pure, does NOT remove chlorophyll from the plant material, only the cannabinoids & terpenes (it's expensive, often unavailable) so using ISO means chlorophyll (and other stuff?) extracted.
Butane - not; ether - not; Naphtha - not; but ISO is safe, cheap & effective, outdoors!

NOW - here's the best part - freezing your bud, your ISO & all equip means almost zero chlorophyll extracted, and that's all it takes for nice, clear RSO.

I simply freeze 3 mason jars w/ 1oz. decarb bud in each - then
STEP 1 - ISO goes in 2 jars to cover the ground bud, shake, replace in freezer. Wait 5 - 10 min.
STEP 2 - Pour jar 2 into 3, jar 1 into 2, more ISO to rewash jar 1, all 3 back to freezer.
STEP 3 - Strain/filter jar 3, pour jar 2 into 3, pour 1 into 2, return 2 & 3 to freezer, squeeze/strain/discard contents of jar 1.
STEP 4 - Repeat for jar 2 if desired, or not, complete the chain and run the entire batch (of frozen) through a second coffee filter - now reduce for a fine sweet tasting batch - 14 grams of nectar of the heavens - dab & impress yourself & others! :rockon: :luv:

NB - this wurks gud w/shake or trim - I just use that for cooking brownies, is all!

Last edited:

krusht

I promise everclear will pull chlorophyll just like ISO.

I agree freezing will slow that. Its all about wash times.

My bad :nod: I have zero experience w/Everclear - shet m mouf :doh: just repeating others' stuff ...

I concur, wash times are crucial - 'til now, I have made my oil strictly for health reasons, :myday: not for purity to improve recreational stoning/taste/strength - but I have dabbled in freezing and I find I might as well play a bit bc I DO ENJOY my nice-tasting/hard buzz/foot tingling blasts which I can only get by vaping - my lungs still can't take a hotnail bong of shatter more than once a night, so I'm sure I'll appreciate purity, plus there's always the ego games, so I can use your experience and advice, if you don't mind assisting an old dude grow older in comfort! :clap:

My main Q is on time - I think it goes thus: pour frozen ISO over frozen bud-in-mason/cap/swirl lightly for 30 sec, refreeze 20 min, reswirl, filter - is that a g start? + what follows or improves @ this stage?
I know the reduction side, but no fine details :science: of the finishing!

I can use the help and I have lotsa kids I can impress n have sum fun w - and they're doin some G shyte right now!
... ennyway, bro - thanx for ur intrest :rockon: :bowdown:

edit: shudda bin PM

krusht,
Top Bottom