Winegums' Woodcraft

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
@Winegums

May i ask how much you charged for the one in pic http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/winegums-woodcraft.23750/page-18#post-1209771

It just interests me, as I love the design..
I typically don’t charge extra for custom work unless it goes outside the bounds of what I normally create.

I charged $50 USD+ shipping as is normal for body length pieces.

:love::love::love:

That's lovely to hear. Not knowing much about wood, I hadn't really thought about this, but it's so good to hear that you, the wood master, care about wood in all stages of its life, not just its afterlife.

Being a millennial who grew up surrounded by trees, I’ve become increasingly aware of the state of the planet. Life is precious and needs to be guarded or I won’t have a planet I want to live on when I’m older. Trees are the lungs of the earth.

I know that I’m a drop in the bucket as far as wood consumption goes, but conservation needs to start at all levels. Nothing is so valuable that a healthy living being should die for it.

For what it's worth, I love your designs, they are simple, elegant, and refined, to my eye. @phattpiggie's stems are undoubtedly amazing creations, but for me, nothing can compare to the beauty of the things you create, @Winegums.
Thank you for the complements and kind words. As much as I try to create beauty, I work hard to maintain functionality with all Dynavap parts. Maybe too hard?

I have nothing but respect for @phattpiggie ’s work as a fellow maker. His long stems are elegant and his carved spirals are inspired.

Last edited:

CanadianBakin

My @Winegums organizer in use with a couple vapcaps and a WoodScents stem.

S85V92r.jpg

Also has room for my kief jar and funnel.

ge7piAw.jpg

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I don't have a WoodScents yet either...but I can dream :-)

Ramahs,
Reactions: Squiby

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I also worked on a more universal design of slim case that will fit tubes or Vapcaps.

I also improved on the old design by moving the magnet to the bottom. There’s not a lot of wasted space in the original, and finding room for the magnet is tricky.
I9OV99z.jpg

I love the look of that bottom piece.
It’s hopefully going to be a six sided faceted piece. I’m not sure how easy or difficult it will be to pull off.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
@beyond6strings

To keep from getting off topic in the Dynavap thread. Here’s my personal custom electric guitar that me and my dad made 6 years ago.

It has a solid figured cherry body, bird’s eye maple fret board, eastern maple neck, SH-8 Invader pickups, and walnut pickup guards. The knobs are turned from figured maple and capped with cherry.

I designed the neck and body shape myself and everything was built from raw boards. The guitar is finished with seven coats of Tung oil.

I call it the “red haired bitch” because it has a tendency to change tuning and be temperamental. She’s mellowing out in her old age though.

I plan to build a sister guitar out of figured maple with all gold plated hard wear. I have everything I need but I’m not mentally prepared to make it yet.
4eb4XsR.jpg

Last edited:

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
@beyond6strings

To keep from getting off topic in the Dynavap thread. Here’s my personal custom electric guitar that me and my dad made 6 years ago.

It has a solid figured cherry body, bird’s eye maple fret board, eastern maple neck, SH-8 Invader pickups, and walnut pickup guards. The knobs are turned from figured maple and capped with cherry.

I designed the neck and body shape myself and everything was built from raw boards. The guitar is finished with seven coats of Tung oil.

I call it the “red haired bitch” because it has a tendency to change tuning and be temperamental. She’s mellowing out in her old age though.

I plan to build a sister guitar out of figured maple with all gold plated hard wear. I have everything I need but I’m not mentally prepared to make it yet.
4eb4XsR.jpg

That's lovely. Very, very nice.

beyond6strings,
Reactions: Squiby

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
From square to round to faceted, welcome to my world @Winegums.
Great pieces, how did you enjoy making the hexagonal shape.

Homemade guitars always remind me of Brain May Queen's lead.
He plays the same one he made with his father.

Nothing but admiration for the man hours you will have put into yours.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
From square to round to faceted, welcome to my world @Winegums.
Great pieces, how did you enjoy making the hexagonal shape.

I’ve been meaning to make a hex piece for a few months now. It was a lot of fun, but also a challenge of my abilities at the belt grinder. Keeping everything oriented and at the right angles was hard.

Homemade guitars always remind me of Brain May Queen's lead.
He plays the same one he made with his father.

Nothing but admiration for the man hours you will have put into yours.
Like Brian May, I don’t think I’ve played many other guitars since this one was made. It fits me perfectly and plays exactly how I want.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I worked on another long hex stem this afternoon after fixing the drill press. The cable had frayed and it needed a new top pulley for the counter weight. I machined a new pulley and re rigged a new cable and it's now working better than ever.

The faceting is getting easier and I have a better way keeping things oriented properly now.
cRvPsHM.jpg

ob2q9i5.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom