Will this work? Auber RDK-110 + Errlectric coil heaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jman5280

The RDK-110 is on sale for around $60, and I can't afford an Errlectric but I really like the heater coils from Errlectric.

https://errlectric.com/index.php/hi...product/80-errlectric-full-quartz-nail-heater

Their Full Quartz Nail Heater has a titanium bucket to sit a quartz nail in - this looks superior to anything else I have seen for even heating and durability. + the metal tubing looks to be cat-proof.

The RDK-110 is 5 pin, and the Errlectric Full Quartz Nail Heater can be ordered in 5 pin. Any reason they wouldn't be compatible?

Thanks!

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
The RDK-110 is on sale for around $60, and I can't afford an Errlectric but I really like the heater coils from Errlectric.

https://errlectric.com/index.php/hi...product/80-errlectric-full-quartz-nail-heater

Their Full Quartz Nail Heater has a titanium bucket to sit a quartz nail in - this looks superior to anything else I have seen for even heating and durability. + the metal tubing looks to be cat-proof.

The RDK-110 is 5 pin, and the Errlectric Full Quartz Nail Heater can be ordered in 5 pin. Any reason they wouldn't be compatible?

Thanks!

You should contact both Errlectric and Auber to check the configuration of their respective XLR pin-outs are compatible.

I haven't used Errlectric's nails or controllers.
Their controllers look trick.
Their nails, IMHO are behind in terms of materials.
Quartz is yesteryear, you want SiC or Sapphire.
The only companies (that I know of) that are offering nails made from those materials are DNail with their Halos and CCA with their Liger series.

:2c:

Jman5280

You should contact both Errlectric and Auber to check the configuration of their respective XLR pin-outs are compatible.

I haven't used Errlectric's nails or controllers.
Their controllers look trick.
Their nails, IMHO are behind in terms of materials.
Quartz is yesteryear, you want SiC or Sapphire.
The only companies (that I know of) that are offering nails made from those materials are DNail with their Halos and CCA with their Liger series.

:2c:

Quartz for me. I like to avoid having Ti in the air path. SiC & Liger still have a Ti air path.

Baron23

Quartz for me. I like to avoid having Ti in the air path. SiC & Liger still have a Ti air path.
Errlectric says that they have 5 pin and 4 pin configurations on their coils.

If you want to use with an Auber 110 then you need a 5 pin coil and the pin outs need to be thus:

1. AC Power to Heater
2 AC Power to Heater
3 Thermocouple +
4 TC -
5 Ground

This is the same as D-nail and has become a bit of a standard even for Chinese controllers as far as I can tell.

So, contact Errlectric and ask them because I didn't see any pin-out info on their coils on their site. DO NOT ASSUME that they use standard pin outs.

Cheers

Jman5280

Errlectric says that they have 5 pin and 4 pin configurations on their coils.

If you want to use with an Auber 110 then you need a 5 pin coil and the pin outs need to be thus:

1. AC Power to Heater
2 AC Power to Heater
3 Thermocouple +
4 TC -
5 Ground

This is the same as D-nail and has become a bit of a standard even for Chinese controllers as far as I can tell.

So, contact Errlectric and ask them because I didn't see any pin-out info on their coils on their site. DO NOT ASSUME that they use standard pin outs.

Cheers

I will see what Errlectric says.
I'm also thinking I may just go with a terpz unit and use their quartz nails...pretty good deal at 200 for everything.

Jman5280,

PoopMachine

I have a Terpz controller.. its good. It heats up quick and the temperature control is as good as anything else. In a lot of ways, its better than my overpriced Dnail unit.

PoopMachine,

Jman5280

I have a Terpz controller.. its good. It heats up quick and the temperature control is as good as anything else. In a lot of ways, its better than my overpriced Dnail unit.

Do you use their quartz nail and coil? How's the quartz?

Jman5280,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom