Will qwiso emulsify into glycerin?

Snooppossum

Sooo swim made a small batch of qwiso out of some avb he had saved up.the results are pretty decent.it got too warm and as a result the qwiso has alot of chlorophyll in it.it still tastes pretty good and packs a nice punch when its dabbed, or so i hear.only downside is that its obviously not very stable and is a pain in the ass to clean up.....would this stuff stay dissolved in vegetable glycerin if swim mixed it in a double boiler?

Also, is it safe to say that you can get 100% of the active cannabinoids from your material with a long enough soak in alcohol? Or are there more goodies hidden deep where the alcohol doesnt quite reach? Any help is much appreciated.

Snooppossum,
Reactions: steama

Snooppossum

Welcome if you are new. First post is very interesting.

You will never recover 100% when processing almost anything. There is loss in every step but that is just the process of making. I wish I could help more but not that into qwiso because I have never been able to purge the alcohol taste to the point I like it. There is a qwiso thread here I believe.

Did yours have a residual alcohol taste? If not, how did you get rid of it?

It actually didnt have the alcohol taste.it could be because i spread it thin and Let it dry on its own without heat.some say heat purging seems to lock in the alcohol taste but ive never done it so dont quote me on that.i also water cured the avb before i made it.the amount of chlorophyll that was still left after the water cure is astonishing...i might add that i also made a half assed attempt at winterizing with more iso (i know iso isnt recomended for this) but i couldnt get harldy ANY waxes to coagulate this way....all things considered, i did a water cure, a winterization, and i let it air dry so maybe that had something to do with it.anyways thanks for your reply and for the welcome!

Snooppossum,
Reactions: steama

shredder

Sooo swim made a small batch of qwiso out of some avb he had saved up.the results are pretty decent.it got too warm and as a result the qwiso has alot of chlorophyll in it.it still tastes pretty good and packs a nice punch when its dabbed, or so i hear.only downside is that its obviously not very stable and is a pain in the ass to clean up.....would this stuff stay dissolved in vegetable glycerin if swim mixed it in a double boiler?

Also, is it safe to say that you can get 100% of the active cannabinoids from your material with a long enough soak in alcohol? Or are there more goodies hidden deep where the alcohol doesnt quite reach? Any help is much appreciated.

I have tried mixing rso with gylcerin, but it doesn't mix well. I did better with a little heat and lecithin as an emulsifier, but even then it separates eventually.

The best mediums for hash oil, seem to be other oils, like coconut oil, hemp oil and so on.

Snooppossum

UPDATE:
So swim ended up making another batch, this time he added the glycerin before he let the alcohol fully evaporate it mixed okay but started to seperate so he added a little orange extract (80% alcohol) to it and now its much better.still seperates but it takes much longer to do so and a little shake of the tincture bottle mixes it right back up!

Snooppossum,
Top Bottom