Why the commercial shutdown?

little maggie

I've noticed that several places on the internet where vape equipment used to be available have stopped selling them. A few are Amazon, Massdrop, Indiegogo, Kickstarter, Etsy. Our sellers are having trouble with accounts at places like paypal. With more states legalizing or attempting to legalize marijuana, I don't understand the reason for this change. Can someone explain the rationale for this?

Gunky

Recently there has been a tv campaign here in the Bay Area against vape pen type 'vaping', ie tobacco. May be related to that. There is some unfortunate confusion between what we do and that stuff. I still see Volcano advertised on Amazon plus tons of grow equipment which has no other real use.

Gunky,
Reactions: grokit

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I saw Ascents on sale and lots of cases and power adapters for a few vape units on Amazon. I used to see more vaporizers sold on Amazon.

Last edited:

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Somewhere I read Amazon and now Paypal have had to deal with too many conflicts and returns between buyers and sellers of things "herb vaporizer" related, so they got sick of it and are just refusing to deal with anything "herb vaporizer" now.

Don't know how much truth there is to it but it sounded feasible to me since both still deal with other Herb paraphernalia with no problem, at least you can still buy Bongs, bubblers, oil rigs, grinders, spoon pipes, and rolling papers/trays along with e-cig stuff on Amazon but not dry herb vapes. Paypal still covers anything on e-bay including vapes so don't really know why they won't work with some smaller vape companies now.

The new trend does suck for sure.

:shrug:

Adobewan

Somewhere I read Amazon and now Paypal have had to deal with too many conflicts and returns between buyers and sellers of things "herb vaporizer" related, so they got sick of it and are just refusing to deal with anything "herb vaporizer" now.

Don't know how much truth there is to it but it sounded feasible to me since both still deal with other Herb paraphernalia with no problem, at least you can still buy Bongs, bubblers, oil rigs, grinders, spoon pipes, and rolling papers/trays along with e-cig stuff on Amazon but not dry herb vapes. Paypal still covers anything on e-bay including vapes so don't really know why they won't work with some smaller vape companies now.

That makes sense, more than any other explanation I've heard.

Adobewan,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

TeeJay1952

I read Grasshopper & Zion threads. (do not own) I see the rampant speculation and unreal expectations abound.
In Zion people who don't have one complain that they can't have one this weekend. Another want to put plug on the new portable while another want to hook bag blower to the portable and tape power button down and finally folks want to use their own batteries instead of "for sale here" batteries.
Grasshopper "backers" who feel that they are "customers" FUD is everywhere. Patience my friends. Aaron Rodgers said it best: R E L A X! No matter what you do or don't get, it is not the end of your journey, only the next chapter.

TeeJay1952,
Reactions: grokit

biohacker

Agreed, I hope ebay doesn't follow next....although the classifieds here are great, i've done numerous vape related transactions on there over the years. I tried selling a water piece not long ago on ebay after seeing a bunch of glass I knew didn't belong there.... it actually lasted several days and I could have accepted some (lowball) offers but then it was pulled.....i'd hate for that to start happening with vapes!

Top Bottom