Why own so many different vapes?

CL52613

I have 2 vaporizers. Arizer Solo was the first; Mighty was the second. I bought and immediately sold a third because it was not friendly to those with limited dexterity in hands and fingers. Solo is extremely user-friendly in regard to loading, vaporizing, and maintenance. It produces very flavorful vapor, and will produce large clouds at lower temps. Mighty is a beast, in more ways than one. It should be noted both vaporizers, though considered portable, would be difficult to use discretely in public. They are my home units so portability is not important. I always check out new vaporizers, but since the 2 I have deliver vapor considered by most to be among the best delivered by portables, why replace them?

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Vaporizers are like automobiles - they come in all shapes and sizes to meet the needs of different people. Why do some people have 20 sports cars in their collection? They all go fast and have great handling, why do they need 20 different sports cars?

The answer is because every one of them is different - different teams of people will engineer a different machine.

Vaporizers are much the same, while they are essentially an oven designed to cook the herb and deliver the vapor to your lips, there are many different ways to accomplish this simple feat.

Every vaporizer is a different "experience" to me. I truly enjoy the opportunity to test out a new or different vaporizer for the first time and see how it "behaves".

So far I've used over three dozen dry herbal vaporizers in the past few years. Ask me which one of them is the "best" and I could never tell you. Because there simply is no "best" vaporizer, much like how there is no "best" automobile for everyone. However ask me which ones are my favorites and I could give you a long list of which ones I prefer for various scenarios.

In general I have a handful of vapes in my immediate collection. I cycle through which I use based on where I am: At home sitting at the desk - ENano Vape, Portable "party" vape - Boundless CFX, Ultra Stealth vape - Grasshopper, camping/traveling backup vaporizer - OmniVap. And I'm looking to add a bag vape to my collection eventually for house parties.

TeeJay1952

An auto mechanic or a carpenter has many tools for different uses and situations. Vaping is the same.
When did you discover vaping? Have you found anything different between the various strains, Tools, Conditions and security? You found those 2 to be above the others but perhaps there is something you don't know about that is "better".

ander

I'm not a collector, and for more than a reason... the first: I sometimes feel fooled by a market where technology progress is merely a business plan. A small invention like the vapcap recently teached me that vaporizing could be a simple process... like smoking was. Still like my Pax2 because of his portability, readiness and his sneak factor. I was dreaming about a convection vape but never been totally conquered so far... so I've decided to learn how to... Do It Myself.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I think @Ratchett did a great job explaining but i will add one more factor to consider; vapor profile. IE convection vs conduction and various elements of both. Both of the vapes you have use both, i would recommend a pure convection model ala the Herbalizer, Zion/Milaana, Grasshopper, ect.

lazylathe

Almost there...
3 letters and 3 words...

V - Vape
A - Acquisition
S - Syndrome

This then turns into another 3 letter, word...

G - Glass
A - Acquisition
S - Syndrome

Although some people are very happy with one or two vapes, many start the journey to seek their "perfect" vaporizer!

As an example:
You own the Air and the Mighty, two very good vapes although i put the Mighty above the Air.
Both these units are mixed conduction/convection units.

i prefer mainly convection, so only hot air passes through my herb, it does not consistently bake as in the Air and to a degree the Mighty.
BUT...
I also use mixed units for different effects.

After a while of using the same vape everyday you will start to notice the effects decrease and possibly your consumption begins to slowly increase. This means your body has become used to the "vape signature" of your vapes. Introducing another vape instantly blows this away!
This is the reason i use many different vapes daily. As a medical user i need to keep on top of this otherwise it does not medicate me correctly.

And at the end of the day, this is a hobby still and who like to only have one item of their favourite hobby!

Razshiro

3 letters and 3 words...

V - Vape
A - Acquisition
S - Syndrome

This then turns into another 3 letter, word...

G - Glass
A - Acquisition
S - Syndrome

Although some people are very happy with one or two vapes, many start the journey to seek their "perfect" vaporizer!

As an example:
You own the Air and the Mighty, two very good vapes although i put the Mighty above the Air.
Both these units are mixed conduction/convection units.

i prefer mainly convection, so only hot air passes through my herb, it does not consistently bake as in the Air and to a degree the Mighty.
BUT...
I also use mixed units for different effects.

After a while of using the same vape everyday you will start to notice the effects decrease and possibly your consumption begins to slowly increase. This means your body has become used to the "vape signature" of your vapes. Introducing another vape instantly blows this away!
This is the reason i use many different vapes daily. As a medical user i need to keep on top of this otherwise it does not medicate me correctly.

And at the end of the day, this is a hobby still and who like to only have one item of their favourite hobby!

Totally agree with you, i'll just add TAS (Torch acquisition syndrome) when you have some Butane vape like me^^ ....:luv::p

ander

You own the Air
No, the Solo.
You must be joking... or badly infected! :uhh:

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Different strokes for different folks. Variety is the spice of life. When I start to feel limited effects, I switch vaporizers and the change seems to work well, I want my vaping to be fun and having variety ensures that it's not stale. My VAS has kind of kicked the curb a bit but it's still there, lingering, always pining to try something new. Next vape I get will be a Supreme

howie105

I have 2 vaporizers. Arizer Solo was the first; Mighty was the second. I bought and immediately sold a third because it was not friendly to those with limited dexterity in hands and fingers. Solo is extremely user-friendly in regard to loading, vaporizing, and maintenance. It produces very flavorful vapor, and will produce large clouds at lower temps. Mighty is a beast, in more ways than one. It should be noted both vaporizers, though considered portable, would be difficult to use discretely in public. They are my home units so portability is not important. I always check out new vaporizers, but since the 2 I have deliver vapor considered by most to be among the best delivered by portables, why replace them?

So many reasons, marketing, actual product improvements, changing needs, etc. So even if there were "perfect vapes" out there some people would still be looking.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor

No joking. This is absolutely true. Not only do diffrent vapor profiles provide diffrent effects (most notice more of a head high from convection and more of a relaxing body high from conduction) but switching between diffrent vapor signatures or vapor profiles certainly helps to prevent or at least lessens the effects of tolerance buildup, exspecially when using the same strain(s) over and over. Of course this will vary from user to user, but i have spoken with a ton of regular vapor enthusiasts who would certainly agree.

ander

No joking. This is absolutely true. Not only do diffrent vapor profiles provide diffrent effects (most notice more of a head high from convection and more of a relaxing body high from conduction) but switching between diffrent vapor signatures or vapor profiles certainly helps to prevent or at least lessens the effects of tolerance buildup, exspecially when using the same strain, in most heavy vaporizer users.
A difficult science to penetrate for me... my limit. Anyway, it seems that there's who likes to change weapon to seek a different effects... I prefer to change bullets. What I seek from convection and conduction is a different taste and vapor production.

Vitolo

Vaporist
From the thread How Many Vaporizers are too many?:
One need not be loaded with money to collect, there are many reasons.
Look at me, just as an example (I know dozens that are like me!).
I have a very low income, but due to my life situation, I have no debts or large bills.
Due to my disability, there is no hiking, or other free activity... but also there are no activities that require financial outlay, as I am homebound, and go no place.
Please don't get me wrong.
I would not trade places with anyone for any reason.
Point is, as broke as I am.... there is still the joy of collecting vapes, and having a different delivery system available for any session.
The 3 factors of well being when collecting Vaporizers (or even the meds you use).
  1. Clean tools that represent a clean you, in mind and spirit. (feeling good about self)
  2. A variety to choose from (Feeling that you control your life and destiny)
  3. A special unit or two that are rare/valuable (the "ain't I the shit" factor)
The "ain't I the shit" factor is something in your life that nobody but YOU needs to see...
but when you see it and know that it is part of your life, it makes you break into a personal emotional dance of celebration. ("Wow, I can't believe this is mine!")

I am connected to a very large number of people just like myself.
In no way do I misunderstand your intent here.... (It is clear that your intent is good!)
I explain my reason for using a large variety of tools to many people.

When Herbal relief is your lifeline, and you MUST vaporize on a schedule to maintain your balance in life and well being.. you should never let yourself feel like .."Oh welll, it is time to take my meds again"... NO.. that complacency defies the reason that you vape in the first place.
It is better when you are forced to repeat the vaporization hourly for the rest of your life....
to feel excitement... choice... and pride!
And from the thread How many Vaporizers do You Own and Why?:
My signature pretty much tells the story....
I have owned almost 100 vaporizers at a time.
Sadly I am down to about a dozen due to the raid...
(http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/police-raid-on-patty-and-vitolos-home.18671/)
Now the why......
When you use marijuana often, you develop tolerances....
one is to strain type, and another is to a delivery system.
Every time I switch to a new or different vaporizer, I feel a renewed
sense of being medicated.
Altering delivery systems is a way to feel medicated in a different way.

ander

You've only been here for 2 weeks...... ? You might be changing your signature sooner than you think! LOL
VAS DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE! You have been warned.

Eh eh... fresh vaper yes, but not so fresh!
When I was a smoker I remember about friends owning dozens of instruments... pipes, bongs, cylums and a quantity of other inventions. I always owned only my wood pipe (sigh... rest in peace!) and my favourite quality of papers.

lazylathe

Almost there...
No, the Solo.

Maybe i should have added this:
I am a registered Medical Cannabis patient.
This is prescribed by my Dr due to my auto-immune disease and other fun bits of my history...
One vape for me is not enough.
When the pain is too much, the big boys are brought out to combat it!
Like Seal Team 6, these vapes kill any pain.

On less severe days i use gentler vapes.

We all use for our circumstances, some recreational and some medical.

Never weigh in on someones use when you do not know the circumstances...

ander

Maybe i should have added this:
I am a registered Medical Cannabis patient.
This is prescribed by my Dr due to my auto-immune disease and other fun bits of my history...
One vape for me is not enough.
When the pain is too much, the big boys are brought out to combat it!
Like Seal Team 6, these vapes kill any pain.

On less severe days i use gentler vapes.

We all use for our circumstances, some recreational and some medical.

Never weigh in on someones use when you do not know the circumstances...
Thanks. Sorry. I was joking with VAS, anyway... not with your disease. Respect.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
For me, it started with the search for the perfect vape. I started with the MFLB which is not uncommon. I loved the MFLB and still do but for me it's not the ideal daily driver. So the search continued with the Solo next. The Solo more than met my requirement for a daily driver but something was missing. Then I met @stickstones and he schooled me about desktops and convection and soon the EVO came through the door.

By the time I realized finding "the one perfect vape" would be the equivalent of finding a unicorn under my bed it was too late and the collection had started building itself.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Thanks. Sorry. I was joking with VAS, anyway... not with your disease. Respect.

It's all good bro!
MMJ helps me a lot!
It has been part of my life for the past 25 years.
Even though it is my medicine, the vaporizer part is my true hobby!
As with any hobby, a collection starts and you cannot part with your favorite pieces and sell a few that you don't like here and there...

If you are a two vape kind of person, i applaud your willpower!
Looking forward to seeing you round the forums!

@His_Highness Love the Unicorn analogy!

biohacker

I started with the Arizer V tower also in search of the "best vape for your buck", and that then evolved into the Extreme, and then the Vapexhale Cloud was the 2nd coming of Christ for me, and then it snowballed from there supporting established companies like Arizer with the new Solo, etc etc etc it just kept going from there!

10 years later and I STILL can't find a CURE! Although the Grasshopper has me somewhat in remission! But we all KNOW it won't last!

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I own my vapes for different situations. When I'm on the go, when there's no power, when I want a bag experience, when I want to hook up two vapes with a claisen and get wrecked, when I want to lay in bed and vape. There's all kinds of situations that one vape can't handle all on its own. I love each of my vapes for what it excells at and what it offers.

Top Bottom