Why Is Marijuana Banned? The Real Reasons Are Worse Than You Think

steama

I came across this interesting take on our United States Marijuana History. Most of us have heard the tale before but it's nice to hear it again. I liked the way the story was told so I thought I would share the link.

Why Is Marijuana Banned? The Real Reasons Are Worse Than You Think

I would be hard pressed not to believe this story wasn't fiction if I didn't know it was true. Funny that still in 2016, within the rapids of the information age, about half of American states are still struggling with the facts, history, and law regarding cannabis.

This is a story of lies, tyranny, and evil, prevailing over good for a very long time in America.

:bigleaf:

BeardedCrow

Isn't it over money?
This documentary I watched called the union, was compelling.
Though I'm sure the truth is always tainted.

BeardedCrow,

little maggie

I think it's more complicated. There's new research on the effects of marijuana on the developing brain- which means through adolescence. I'm avoiding research on the adult brain because I don't want to know.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@little maggie I was under the impression that new research was pointing towards proving that cannabis does not damage the developing brain, there was a link here on fc somewhere, I'll try to find it...

I started very young (11) too young,
Yet I'm an intelligent person with with no apparent brain issues nearly 20 years later...

I believe it helped me to learn, I always struggled to control my mind as a young child, cannabis fixed my brain in my opinion, gave me the ability to study..

I believe without it I'd have serious mental problems now..

Anyway back to topic.. I believe the reason it's still prohibited is mainly economic, I think there are biofuel companies, pharmaceutical companies and many others who will be paying backhanders and other dodgy goings on to ensure its kept illegal, cannabis can do much more than get you high and be medicine...

Last edited:

chimpybits

@little maggie I was under the impression that new research was pointing towards proving that cannabis does not damage the developing brain, there was a link here on fc somewhere, I'll try to find it...

I started very young (11) too young,
Yet I'm an intelligent person with with no apparent brain issues nearly 20 years later...

I believe it helped me to learn, I always struggled to control my mind as a young child, cannabis fixed my brain in my opinion, gave me the ability to study..

I believe without it I'd have serious mental problems now..

Anyway back to topic.. I believe the reason it's still prohibited is mainly economic, I think there are biofuel companies, pharmaceutical companies and many others who will be paying backhanders and other dodgy goings on to ensure its kept illegal, cannabis can do much more than get you high and be medicine...
kellya86 you might find the research within this article: Does Cannabis Inherently Harm Young People’s Developing Minds?
- also, same writer has another one (haven't read): Protecting The Young and The Poor From Prohibition

chimpybits,
Reactions: kellya86
Top Bottom