Why is Cultivation Discussion Not Permitted on FC

proceeds_the_weedian

As someone who was just dipping my toes into online cannabis culture when the Overgrow takedown happened,I think I understand vtac's thinking. For anyone that had pics and especially long threads with lots of potential identifiers up there it must have been goddamn terrifying.

Having said that,I'd love to see some FC homegrown goodness:brow:

proceeds_the_weedian

@Summer : Overgrow.com was the big momma growforum back in the early 2000's. Many of todays premier breeders and cultivators got their start there. IIRC, the servers were owned by a seed dealer. They got busted and the servers got seized in the process.
A lot of folks had pictures in their grow journals showing potentially identifying features like tattoos, vehicles or views from windows. Others simply hadn't scrubbed camera or position info from uploaded jpegs. There was talk of info being handed over to Interpol. Don't really know how many got busted as a consequence, but I know a lot of people either tore down their grows or had a bad couple of months following the seizure.

ginolicious

I know the feds went through rollitup.org and that’s how they arrested people.

I think the thinking was to limit bug threads if photos and criminal activity as it once was.

ginolicious,
Reactions: shredder
@Stu

Thank you. :) *Reply back if you know vtac's motivation.

I'm not 100% sure on this but I recall reading one of Vtac's posts about it and he said...

it would dilute the fact that this is a vape forum. Lots of grow sites to discuss growing. FC is here for vapes and they might get buried by posts and threads about growing.

Like I said, I'm not sure if Vtac said that. Or, if it was in a thread he posted in or.... what. Somehow I remember reading that was the reason. YMMV

Baron23

I seem to recall that he told me that it would attract unwanted attention, so it is possible that it was related to Overgrow. This forum did originate in Canada, so that may have indeed played a role in his thinking. Too bad he's not around for us to ask. :rolleyes:

:peace:
Well, at least he hasn't pulled the plug, right?

Top Bottom