Why has no one thought of this???

CurryLeafTreehugger

What's the best thing on the planet?

Bud, precious bud!

OK, what's the SECOND best thing on the planet?

OK, coffee. Other than coffee. No, we're not counting chocolate either. If we're not counting chocolate and we're not counting coffee, then the second best thing in the world is .....

BACON! Just ask that little dog in the Bacon Bits commercial!

So why oh why has no one ever made bacon grease ABV? Think of all the wonderfulness! Hash browns. Home fries. Potato soup. Yeah, potato stuff. Because the THIRD best thing in the world is anything made with potatoes that were cooked in bacon grease.

So obviously the best thing in the world would be potato-foods cooked in THC bacon grease!

CurryLeafTreehugger

Here's what I'm thinking ... water cure my ABV. I have like an ounce of it by now.

That will reduce it almost by half. Just thinking of all the nasty stuff the water cure pulls out is a little scary, LOL!

People seem to eat water-cured ABV without further processing. I think they call it making "firecrackers", which basically seems like its a peanut-butter version of S'mores. Heck, I think some people do this with ABV that hasn't even been water-cured yet, blech!

So... I'm thinkin' ... I take the water-cured ABV, lightly fry it in some bacon grease, remove the ABV (a lot of grease will go with it) - cook my hashbrowns in the remaining hopefully somewhat THC infused bacon grease, and then top with the (warmed if necessary) bacon-flavored water-cured ABV and cheese .... That's got to be at least as potent as any firecracker.

Of course first I'd have to do the water cure. I guess I'd better warn my son ... I'm told the odor the first day or so is pretty horrific ...

CurryLeafTreehugger,
Reactions: Wiired

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
You can sprinkle AbV (ground fine like flour) on bacon then fry it up. I saw it online. I wonder if the ABV would stay on the bacon though.

Last edited:

CurryLeafTreehugger

if you're scared of that which a water cure extracts, then I'd avoid eating all fruit, veg, meat, grains & pulses ;)

Yeah, I don't vape any of those and then try to make butter out of what's left.

If I did, then I would certainly want a process to take the nasty half-burned and inedible stuff out. For some of us, water curing is the difference between eating your medibles - and throwing them up. LOL!

CurryLeafTreehugger,
Reactions: 420engineer

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Hmm, I could just use my already infused coconut oil to fry bacon in...right???

Would any actual actives make it to my system???

Or would it all be fried off in the heat it takes to cook bacon.???

kellya86,
Reactions: killick

CurryLeafTreehugger

you'd need to drink the fat
need to drink the fat
to drink the fat
drink the fat
the fat
fat

I have a MUCH better idea, and that is to cook home fries or hash browns or nearly anything else in the infused bacon grease, and then EAT IT ALL!!!!!

But I have since read that temps high enough to brown the potatoes may damage the THC.

Keeping in mind this is just what people SAY, there is no actual evidence that this happens. Some people do things that other people swear won't work because it's "impossible", yet it works.

Frankly we have very few evidence-based procedures for handling our meds. And by "evidence" I mean actual peer-reviewed studies. WELL-DESIGNED peer-reviewed studies. Not anecdotal evidence, which is by and large all we have to go on.

At any rate I'm game to try the seasoning-with-water-cured-ABV-that-has-been-lightly-sauted-in-bacon grease thing and see what that does for my bacon-greased taters.

Last edited:

rodders83

Id avoid frying anything in it if you want it to be potent..the high heat of frying/roasting will probably "burn up " most of the goodness left in your already depleted abv...

High heat also makes things carcinogenic, Meats breads potatoes cannabis anything you do just avoid high heat.

rodders83,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

CurryLeafTreehugger

High heat also makes things carcinogenic, Meats breads potatoes cannabis anything you do just avoid high heat.

Oh please. I'm not a crunchy. I want my potatoes fried up right crispy and drippin' with bacon grease, and that is the way I WILL have them.

Sheesh!

CurryLeafTreehugger,

Zoned89

so i have something to add to this super old thread (im new so im lurking sorry guys)

bacon grease can be used to cook stovetop popcorn, and even though some goodness would probably be lost in the heating, the possibility of bacon potcorn is real

Zoned89,

Wiired

Semper Esurientem
I saute lots of different things with ABV quite often. I have a peppercorn grinder that I keep full and use whenever. I do water cure it first though, takes the stink out of it.

Top Bottom