1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Why does vaping give me a headache?

Discussion in 'Vaporization Discussion' started by randybishop, Apr 11, 2014.

1. randybishop

randybishop Member

I LOVE vaping, but in small amounts. When I vape an entire bowl I get a headache a few hours later. Why do you think this happens? And does it happen to you?

2. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

Do you also get a headache when you smoke?

randybishop and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  3. Buildozer

Buildozer Well-Known Member

What are you vaping w/? Is it pretty restricting on the draw? I can get headaches from fighting too much restriction..

grokit, Egzoset, randybishop and 2 others like this.
  4. Wizsteve

Wizsteve Active Member

buy your herb elsewhere sounds to me your buying a hemp strain that was going around here a few years ago stuff would give you a massive headache

randybishop likes this.
  5. SpruceGruve

SpruceGruve Bag of sand in hand,Eyeing up the gold statue

There is so many factors that this could be.
    Could be fighting restriction like buildozer said,could be a cheep vape with plactics/electronics in the heat path.

It could be the strain,or it could be the growers methods,I have seen some crappy growers foliary feed bad fertilizers in the bloom stage..

Egzoset and randybishop like this.
  6. randybishop

randybishop Member

Thanks for the replies. :)
    I use the Da Buddha, it does not seem like the draw is restricting. I do not smoke, only vape.
    Regarding strain, not sure what it was, but it has happened before with other weed too (all street weed).

SpruceGruve likes this.
  7. SpruceGruve

SpruceGruve Bag of sand in hand,Eyeing up the gold statue

Looks like it comes down to the strain or the grower.....good luck with that,I don't know what to say

randybishop likes this.
  8. cromaticas

cromaticas New Member

I've had headaches from smoking perfectly fine weed,but never from vaping...I also wish I knew what caused them..

randybishop likes this.
  9. Wizsteve

Wizsteve Active Member

to this day i avoid herb with orange or red hairs when ever possible this stuff was covered with them with looks like it was harvest to soon look.(the hairs is what gives you the headache no idea why but this is no actives in the hairs thc cbd etc) since there was so many i pulled them off loaded a bowl and bam instant headache.

randybishop likes this.
  10. equatorgringo

equatorgringo Well-Known Member

I was also getting head aches recently after vaping...I've pretty much cured it by making sure I drink about 3 glasses of water starting from when I get home from work (I vape before bed). Been with the same stash for over a month so it was easy to shift the blame from weed to a little dehydration. :2c:

11. randybishop

randybishop Member

Thanks, probably the problem for me too! :)

equatorgringo and RUDE BOY like this.
  12. Elluzion

Elluzion Vapeosaurus Rex

Could be dehydration or lack of oxygen (aka you dont go outside much)

Ox45 likes this.
  13. cityslang

cityslang A taste on the tongue

Smoking can sometimes give me headaches but never from vaping.

Most times imo headaches are caused by poorly grown/cured/whatever crud they've sprayed on it

randybishop likes this.
  14. randybishop

randybishop Member

Been vaping my homegrown, no headache!
    I read headaches can be from lack of flushing the plant (still has nutes).

15. Ox45

Ox45 Well-Known Member

I agree with Elluzion and equatorgringo.

I never get headaches when smoking but if Im vaping all day (when working from home), i get a slight headache from taking too many draws.. 1 day vape session (20-30 draws) compared to smoking (3-5 hits) all day. For me it's the lack of oxygen from too many draws, being confined inside stuffy office and not staying hydrated which trigger my headaches.

So try equatorgringos advice and load up on the water. Or try a nice walk outside to get some fresh air.

grokit likes this.
  16. t-dub

t-dub Vapor Sloth

The only time I ever received a headache from vaping is when I was breaking in my OG Pinnacle. I never mentioned it in the thread because I couldn't quantify it but I'm sure it was the plastic used on the PonG. Another very well respected FC member had the exact same experience. At first we thought the vape was not getting hot enough, providing more of a sativa experience which it did, but that little headache persisted, and it bothered me every single time. When I finally couldn't take the melting/degrading PonG nonsense any more I finally just put the thing down and it is now in the "refuse to use" category.

Buildozer, grokit and MG23 like this.
  17. Egzoset

Egzoset 1SipAToke/Blender Vaporist (v3.1)

Salutations RandyBishop,

The delay is what puzzles me most. Could this be some form of intolerance you're developping? I wonder because i've grown some intolerance myself lately, under some different context and form though: rafale sneezing, watery eyes, stuffed nose, rash skin... Well, the thing is i don't think the later item becomes obvious instantly, that stage arrives last much later in the progression so that's one physical symptom which emerges after a delay has passed and my reasoning is that your headaches are equally slow to build up.

[​IMG]

I see some similitude in such delay. Dry cannabic vapour affects me greatly and i've got this particular issue fixed long ago by using a self-moisturizing VG pipe, but it appears i may also happen to be sensitive to a substance released at low vaping temperatures and this eventually triggers skin irritation after a while.

Lucky me the incapacitating symptoms have receeded once i moddified my ritual to limit low-temperature vaping. Yet, my point is that the reaction was slow and intolerance-related.

:peace:

18. HugieLewis

HugieLewis I'm not an expert but I have a strong opinion

@equatorgringo is probably on to something. Many (most?) people don't drink nearly enough water and even slight dehydration can cause headaches. Compound that with vaping and it could very well lead to issues.

TL; DR: Go drink a glass of water. Your body will thank you

Caligula and equatorgringo like this.
  19. Egzoset

Egzoset 1SipAToke/Blender Vaporist (v3.1)

Quetzalcoatl likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors