Why does my vapor taste like menthol?

Ztob

Hi, I don't understand what changed the past couple days, but the vapor tastes like menthol. It has a very minty flavor; there is a very cool sensation in my mouth and back of throat from the vapor. It's very noticable in the begining and less near the end. I've been putting the same exact thing in my pipe for a month. So.. something must be happening to me?! I'm rather new to this, been vapin for about 3 months every day as often as I can. Is this a sign I need to lay off for a while?

Ztob,

OO

Technical Skeptical
i'm looking forward to any expert advice, as i had a problem recently where the herbs went to piss.

was told they weren't cured properly.

OO,

Theo

Look at it this way: what are the things you have changed that would/could directly effect the device/your vaping experience in anyway?

Theo,

Ztob

Theo said:
Look at it this way: what are the things you have changed that would/could directly effect the device/your vaping experience in anyway?
well the only different thing I did was went to the head shoplast weekend and bought one of those old school pipes and got a hollow tube for the body. I stuffed the body with buds and put on a vaporgenie top. This pipe gives big hits and dosent burn herb; first try did but I bought a deep bowl and bingo. So I've been drawing vapor through buds is the only difference, but I haven't used that pipe since yesterday morning.
( I had to edit cause I put head and not head shop) lol

Ztob,

CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
Freaky, dude! I had the same "problem"? a month ago. I couldn't vape and not get a cool minty sensation. My wife could not feel and taste the mintyness. I have no idea what it was, and it just kinda went away on its own. Fucking weird.

CombustionJunction,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Eucalyptus, camphor, mint and menthol among odors/smells/chemical compounds are a class of chemicals called terpenoids; these are found in marijuana. Certain strains will have these compounds in different amounts/concentrations.

Couple things that could make one pick up these tastes; different marijuana, different vaporization temperature, or a variable sensitivity to these chemicals.

Tom

[This is one reason why I love variable temperature, digital readout vaporizers. Although the temperature readout may be inaccurate, or not reflective of the temperature at the surface of the herb, for any specific purchase of marijuana that I have, I can reproduce a given or desired effect from session to session or load to load. Medically, this is very desired]

tdavie,
Top Bottom