Why do multi-millionares buy big-ass houses and shit?

arf777

No longer dogless
Me too. Everything else can be rented with no fuss at all.

International waters ftw :tup:!
Fuck yeah! Part of my job is watching the decay of the US court system in detail. We all must be ready to FLEE!
The Supreme court is about to declare a part of the Constitution unConstitutional for the 2nd time in less than a year. And the FCCs screwing up of net neutrality came from assertions of how phones and internet currently work that my 3 year old niece was able to see were wrong. Seriously.

arf777,
Reactions: grokit

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Because it is a mental structure that has been programmed into every celebrity and big money maker. We give it consciousness, so then we think we need it. It's all bullshit, just a frame of mind that we have created as a society. We have to let it all go and realize what is truly important in this world. It makes me sad to think of all the money spent on these "big ass houses" that could have gone towards something more helpful to the greater conscious good. I can only pray that one day we will all awaken to what is truly important in this life. Close your eyes, and open your mind! Only there will you find the truth :)

arf777

No longer dogless
Because it is a mental structure that has been programmed into every celebrity and big money maker. We give it consciousness, so then we think we need it. It's all bullshit, just a frame of mind that we have created as a society. We have to let it all go and realize what is truly important in this world. It makes me sad to think of all the money spent on these "big ass houses" that could have gone towards something more helpful to the greater conscious good. I can only pray that one day we will all awaken to what is truly important in this life. Close your eyes, and open your mind! Only there will you find the truth :)

Excellent perspective. My favorite example of this attitude is from a guy depicted as evil in the West, but not in a lot of the rest of the world - Temujin, aka Genghis Khan. He never stopped living in a standard Mongol ger or ourda (the one mispronounced in English as 'yurt', the other as 'horde' - a ger is a tent with wheels; an ourda fully collapses for travel like a Western tent). Didn't let his kids live in anything but gers or ourda either. Even Ogedei (2nd Khan), who built a palace at Karakorum, and Kublai (1st Mongol emperor of China), who built his palace in Beijing, both actually lived in gers on the lawns of the palaces.
"A true Mongol lives in a tent" (The Secret History of the Mongols). Period. Irrelevant of birth, wealth or rank. I don't think it's a coincidence that their empire had more modern-style laws and protections than any other pre-Enlightenment state- absolute freedom of religion, greater gender equality than we have (half the Imperial governors [durkhan] were women), a near-total ban on slavery, and a postal system that got mail from Beijing to Moscow in less than two weeks (first pony express), just to name a couple of examples. It didn't become like other empires until the khans stopped living in gers and started living in the stupid palaces.

Caligula

Maximus

That sounds like commie talk, boy. Are you a commie?!?

Caligula,

basement farmer

My face is melting...
If I had a mil+ free and clear, I'd probably pay back everyone that has done me right, then make sure my kids and other loved ones didn't have to worry too much. If there was anything left over I'd build a hideout somewhere where I could walk around in my boxers and smell the flowers....

You can't take it with you.......

Hexi

America loves big land plots, it's how this country was built. Steal land from people who don't have weapons as advanced as the invading force, then 'give' that land to anyone willing to move west and expand.

Our DNA is about this dream of a giant plot of land with a castle of our own. Most of my EU colleagues on the other hand live in "Flats" if they work near a city.

None of my colleagues in Singapore have a house etc... It really depends on location. Like people in Texas can get a 5 bed, 4 bath house for $300k. In NYC you'd need $20 mil to get that much space on MH.

Hexi,
Top Bottom