Why do I get the shivers/cold when vape sometimes?

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
I started getting these unfamiliar rushes and weird body/head sensations, along with visual strangeness. Even passed out a couple of times holding in a big hit for a few seconds. Like fall to the floor, which hadn’t happened even through all the years of youthful excess and stupidity with things much stronger included in the mix. Yes, really good herb or bigger amounts can give bigger effects but it could be something else.

My body/health has been messed up my entire adult life so didn’t waste too much time worrying about it since there was bigger things going on at the time. During some extensive blood-work almost a year ago, it was discovered that my thyroid had almost completely stopped working. I have been pretty much poked and scanned with regularity for over 30 years and still this was missed since it had been working fine during one battery of tests and sometime over the next year, it simply stopped doing its job. Just that one little organ not producing just one hormone can do all kinds of crazy shit to your body, it’s rather amazing and thankfully a quick fix. Anyway once the meds kicked in and got everything levelled out, those weird episodes have gone away but I still make sure that I’m seated mostly.

@david8613 don’t wanna worry ya but all this to say, don’t take medical advice from us freaks. Even those who are knowledgeable about such things. If you are consistently experiencing symptoms that are different from how thc has always/normally affected you, it’s definitely worth talking about with your trusted medical professional. I’ve always been a fan of overdoing it and have always enjoyed the sensations that come from that, but if you’re experiencing a consistent physical strangeness that is new and unlike you normally feel don’t discount that shit. Drinking more water is great advice that most of us should pay attention to but this could very well be something different. FC is a great place for getting advice on vapes, finding the best vapes for you and having fun. Not so much for medical or real life advice.

Last edited:

Mookie0608

I actually had some of my worst highs actually all my bad highs are from vapes. Are you mixing strains? When I mix thc and cbd together I will feel like I have alcohol poisoning. Cbd raises your body temp thc lowers it I believe or vice versa and I was constantly hit and cold with feeling at times the room was slowly spinning and sweating off and on. Then I tried mixing cbd and thc again another time just to see if I maybe capes too soon after cleaning my vape and didn’t burn off all the iso but nope same thing happened. When I mix all cbd with high thc I just am always going from hot to cold to cold to hot

Mookie0608,
Reactions: LesPlenty
Top Bottom