Why do I get the shivers/cold when vape sometimes?

david8613

I doing some research online about this, it's been happening to me lately, it's weird. I hope its nothing bad?

david8613,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

YaMon

Vaping since 2010

I doing some research online about this, it's been happening to me lately, it's weird. I hope its nothing bad?
Are you hydrating? In my opinion (and I may have read it somewhere) when you introduce Cannabis to your Cannabinoid system a lot of things happen we do not fully understand, but it works your body just as being in the heat or exercising would. It's critical to hydrate, one of the reasons I no longer drink alcohol which dehydrates.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Dehydration also leads to low blood pressure. My wife is going through chemo right now and before this hiked daily, went the gym and ate really healthy.. hydration for her has never been so important and she's not able to keep up. This dehydration leads to less volume and she's passed out two times this week. (Low blood pressure) Docs are engaged and we're working on it.

david8613

I have admit I haven't been drinking alot of water like I normally do, so that is a possibility.

Blood pressure angle im not sure, Im supposed to take a low dose blood pressure pill high blood pressure, but I'm border line and sometimes I forget to take it. I know I haven't been talking it lately.

I did a little reading on this, and it mentioned it could anxiety, I know it's not that. I also read it's could be my body temperature dropping from intaking a little too much "dam mighty" lol and weather was cool last night and my ac was on. Because I did feel very cold, my teeth were chattering! Lol. But wifey was totally fine. I'm thinking the next time this happens I'm gonna get a big fat blanky and turn off ac. Oh I just remembered I had very dry mouth too, but I thought it was the weed. Lol

@YaMon thank you for your input, your right hydration is important. I will pray for wifey ok.

Last edited:

david8613

Low blood pressure. Might want to back off and try bodybuilding or something healthy, then come back to vaping.

this I think is also true too, I always have been active but lately not so much, I have been working way too much, need to exercise more.

david8613,

habitat-fc

Sounds like an effect of good herb to me? THC can effect the Hypothalamus which is responsible for temperature regulation in the brain. High doses have been found to lower body temperature. I get this effect quite often as I am quite skinny.

Here is an interesting article on the subject:-

https://www.wikileaf.com/thestash/body-temperature-and-cannabis/

Also don't forget that Cannabis can amplify your senses so you will feel that drop in temperature more than if you weren't high.

david8613

I just remembered that when I tried to edibles for the first time last year, I was told to just eat a quarter of the cookie to check for tolerance. I have a super slow digestive system and when I ate the quarter I waited about an hour I didn't feel anything, so I ate another quarter, I am a big guy 6'0" 230lbs so I figured it wasn't hitting me. nothing after another half hour so I said what the heck I ate the rest of the cookie, bam all at once I was messed up! later I got the tremendous shivers, that was the first time it happened to me. never thought anything of it, but its happened to me twice this year vaping.

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
I just remembered that when I tried to edibles for the first time last year, I was told to just eat a quarter of the cookie to check for tolerance. I have a super slow digestive system and when I ate the quarter I waited about an hour I didn't feel anything, so I ate another quarter, I am a big guy 6'0" 230lbs so I figured it wasn't hitting me. nothing after another half hour so I said what the heck I ate the rest of the cookie, bam all at once I was messed up! later I got the tremendous shivers, that was the first time it happened to me. never thought anything of it, but its happened to me twice this year vaping.

Ahhh yes...the shivers. Well that's easy. You see, getting the shivers from vaping weed is your body's way of telling you to pack up your herb and send it to other members of the FC forum. :rofl:

/

shervin2

The Two-Click Bowlshevik & Sticksimus Briximus
Lower sugar intake, start a keto diet, and do some moderate exercise.

Shivers are usually an indication of inactivity acting upon your glands, thyroid, parathyroid, adrenals etc... it's basically a sign of stagnancy. Low blood pressure is an easy indicator of this.

Could also be a sign of bacterial imbalance in the gut leading to leaky gut/candida.

shervin2,

nickdanger

Collector of Functional Art
I've only had one strain that caused me to have shivers and feel cold. After doing some research, I figured it could be due to a high sativa level plant that was harvested with all clear trichomes, making it "racy". It never happened with any other flower, concentrates or oils. I eventually decarbed and made into edibles.

nickdanger,
Reactions: LesPlenty

biohacker

Been there done that. Especially in the winter when I got into a cold bed, I would pretty much have what felt like a full blown seizure, for about a minute straight. It was fucking INSANITY! Never happened after I quit weed and switched to concentrates, but I still feel cold hands from time to time.

High doses of THC can lower body temperature consistently. It's actually quite common. After a nice break, I can definitely notice a huge difference, as chills/shivers vanish after withdrawal and PAWS.

Apparently CBD doesn't have an effect on body temperature, which makes me think that a more natural CBD:THC balance is what is most desirable.

Vaporware

I’ve had issues like this a few times, and it’s been when I had a particularly large dose at once. I don’t think it’s anything to worry too much about, but I can make myself pretty uncomfortable for a while by overdoing it...

Lower sugar intake, start a keto diet, and do some moderate exercise.

Shivers are usually an indication of inactivity acting upon your glands, thyroid, parathyroid, adrenals etc... it's basically a sign of stagnancy. Low blood pressure is an easy indicator of this.

Could also be a sign of bacterial imbalance in the gut leading to leaky gut/candida.

I think a full on keto diet is dangerous to recommend to random people...it may work out well for some people, but not everyone does well with it (or after stopping if they stop it), and I’m not convinced it’s really healthy for anyone.

Eating a more balanced diet and using intermittent fasting to get some of that effect may be a better choice for a lot of people if they’re interested in going down that kind of road, but even that isn’t right for everyone.

Morty

Too much THC too fast does this to me. I've gotten really crazy shivers twice from cannabis. Like the uncontrollable limb shaking, it feels like minus 30 degrees in here type.

Once last year after 70 day t-break. Too much too quick! The other was on my birthday this past year. Hadn't dabbed in a second & took a 1 gram dab of like 6 or 7 different types of concentrate from CO. WTF!!! After coughing my nutz off for 10 minutes straight, I had the absolute worst dab sweats of my life. Only to be followed by the absolute worst dab shivers I ever experienced. Felt like I was naked on a windy day in Antarctica. :o Never fucking again! I was also severely dehydrated from the Crown Royal (it was bday, what can I say ? :party:). What a truly awful shitty headache after as well. I knew better & I paid the price on both fronts.

I get the shivers when I poop
I'm not alone! :lol: Thought I was gonna pass out on the shitter the other day after a large extra jalapeno & feta cheese pizza the night before. You think the dab sweats/shivers are bad...holy :shit:. :freak: :( :rofl:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I've had my body or mind play all kinds of stupid tricks on me when I take too much and green out. Sometmes it's the weed and sometimes it's the frame of mind I'm in. I can go from thinking I'm having a heart attack to feeling cold to thinking something is wrong with me to pain in some area, etc.

Now most times everything is fine and enjoyable but we all can get the chronic at times and each time it might be something else until the high wears off. I have tried chewing peppercorns to changing your mind's focus to vaping some CBD. I have found vaping some CBD helps the most often. If I have a racy strain or think my mind is not in a great place, I'll add a little CBD isolate or oil to my hits and that will mellow out the high quite a bit.

I wouldn't doubt it if the OP's mind made him think he was feeling cold and then the train ran out of control.

I get the shivers when I poop

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I hope its nothing bad?
There is an old saying to cover this,
'Ride the Snake'
I get the shakes occasionally when I try hard enough but it is usually friends that go overboard when I bring out my (copious amounts) pretty high-grade pot (compared to what people can get locally). I always say consume as much as you want, just be careful, most do not heed the warning.:myday:
Ah...good old whitey time!
:peace:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
If I overdo it, when i've overdone it, I've felt all sorts of weird shit.
Of course, being worried that you will forget to breathe after a massive edible dose kicks in can make for a shivering several hours :rofl:
(funny looking back, but not fo funny then, lol)

That being said, I HIGHLY recommend experimenting with overdoing it. Those trips can always be interesting learning experiences. Though they can be frightening, I've always learned something new about myself from those sorts of experiences. :sherlock:

You never know what you may discover if you don't ever explore out of the normal boundaries once in a while.

Last edited:
Top Bottom