• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Why do certain buds appear dank yet produce little vapor?

Cardiox

I recently picked up a batch of flower that seems dank by appearance yet does not smell dank or produce much vapor. The buds are not sticky but appear to be filled with trichomes . When grinding , the trichomes separate from the actual plant material thus giving me like 1-2 good puffs when my vapexhale normally gives me 5-6 good hits with even the worst of flower . The hits I do take give me a moderate buzz but I am all about large , intoxicating hits . Is this explained by a lower thc content despite appearing to be filled with thc? Or is it just vaping the thc quicker because the material is more dry ?

Cardiox,

howie105

Lots of possible things in play from less than optimal growing and processing to just individual perception. Go back to your grower and see what they know, switch up vapes, get a second opinion from another user, etc. Sadly, you really can't get much more than anecdotal stories if folks don't have a sample to base their comment on. Good Luck.

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
If you were to take a picture you would see a lot of trichome stalks or whatever you'd call them but few heads. That's my guess anyway. And from what I understand most of the goodies are in the trichome head.

Cheesequake,
Reactions: Pyr0

MegaMan2k

Or maybe it was a bad grow and the heads didnt even get to mature properly in the first place. I see this ALL the time with comercial grown,

Its a good way to make bud appear to be better than it is.

Bring a jewlers loop when checking buds before purchase

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
If you were to take a picture you would see a lot of trichome stalks or whatever you'd call them but few heads. That's my guess anyway. And from what I understand most of the goodies are in the trichome head.
IMO this ^
I've had buds looking frosty at first glance, but upon closer inspection found a lot of the heads missing

C No Ego

I recently picked up a batch of flower that seems dank by appearance yet does not smell dank or produce much vapor. The buds are not sticky but appear to be filled with trichomes . When grinding , the trichomes separate from the actual plant material thus giving me like 1-2 good puffs when my vapexhale normally gives me 5-6 good hits with even the worst of flower . The hits I do take give me a moderate buzz but I am all about large , intoxicating hits . Is this explained by a lower thc content despite appearing to be filled with thc? Or is it just vaping the thc quicker because the material is more dry ?
the buds could have been rolled in a kief collector knocking of the heads as mentioned in other posts... that knocks off medication too

C No Ego,
Reactions: 364F

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
All good guesses so far, but no one can answer this question for you without being there with you unfortunately.

Silver420Surfer,
Reactions: howie105

PPN

Volute of Vapor
IME , automatic strains produce very good looking buds but potency (and vapor production) sucks.

PPN,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
IME , automatic strains produce very good looking buds but potency (and vapor production) sucks.

Goes to show you how so many factors come into play when growing, because I can't say my experience leads me to anywhere near the same conclusion you have regarding autos.

I could write down 52 different reasons why on a deck of cards and toss them into the air, pick one, and have as good of an answer for OP as any given here, considering what we know about OP's conundrum, which is really...not much at all without at minimum, having a sample ourselves(No, i'm not asking for a sample of OP's less than mediocre described flower).

This is one of those threads where people just say whatever like its gonna remotely give OP any answer other than...THERE IS NO WAY TO TELL WHAT THE ISSUE IS WITH HIS FLOWER thru the interweb. None.

Sorry Op, but if you like to feed on supposition, keep this thread going. Nobody can help here, nor will anyone be helped by what we say here. Not because nobody wants to, but you have asked an unanswerable question.

We do know it's not your vape malfunctioning though, which is a good thing.

MegaMan2k

Well not conclusive no but this is generally something that happens to people often when buying smaller quantities flowers etc.

So atleast he might know what to look for now for future purchases
Trichome diameters and the colors of them
And to bring a jewelers loop next time

Id say thats plenty helpful :-)

MegaMan2k,

EverythingsHazy

Not all trichomes are the same. While frostiness does seem to have a strong correlation with perceived potency, it isn't always the case that that frostier buds are better.

Top Bottom