Why did the TV Dart cart disappear?

oneinfinitecreator

Considering how much I hear about how awesome they are, why did Thermovape stop making their DART cartridge when it seems to be so popular? And why hasn't China come up with a clone yet?

Anyone know? I'd love to try a DART tip on my oil pen, but finding them are now near impossible without paying $50+...

oneinfinitecreator,
Reactions: Kief

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Because they started making the cera.

They do pop up from time to time in the classifieds if your willing to fork over the money or you could alway get a cera.They retailed for more than $50 dollars i believe anyway so it is unlikely you would pay less than thatnow. Also, There is a chinese knockoff made by zoly, but its a piece of junk compared to the real thing.

Mynameismud,
Reactions: OF

OF

Because they started making the cera.

Perhaps more to the point, they've completely changed. They've returned the 3 high tech Swiss screw machines they had leased to make every part 'in house', a pretty unique thing for such a small concern. They basically bought raw materials, paid others to plate and laser engrave the parts they made but that as it.

Now they've moved and are a more traditional company in structure. They'd have to contract with someone to make batches of the various parts involved and assemble them (as they do with the Cera line). "Economies of Scale" are all against making a few hundred DARTs. In the day, a minimum run of parts was 15,000, most closer to 50 or 100K pieces.

To make a small number of such precise parts would make it way too expensive I think.......I bet if you're really interested they'd be happy to license you?

OF

oneinfinitecreator

Man, someone needs to get China on making a low resistance 510-compatible knock off pronto!

I don't get the whole cera thing... do they not understand how big the DIY ecig market is? they could capture some great sales just from people who use ecigs and want a concentrate cartridge on the side, considering how well reviewed the DART is in that respect... From any owners, is it really that much better than other wax/concentrate carts?

The fact that they only do the cera now should only strengthen the case for keeping the DARTs around... not everyone has $300 to spend on a concentrate only vape that (from what i've seen/heard thus far) tends to break down quite often...

and i'm pretty sure they were only $25-30 when they were still making them. it could creep to more because sometimes you'd need a threading adapter depending on your battery, but they were moderately priced until they stopped making them from what I remember...

anyways, thanks for the reply :)

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
and i'm pretty sure they were only $25-30 when they were still making them. it could creep to more because sometimes you'd need a threading adapter depending on your battery, but they were moderately priced until they stopped making them from what I remember...

got vape was selling LV windowed revolutions for $55 I believe. Thats just what i was basing my response on.

Mynameismud,

hoptimum

I would think there would be a market for DART and windowed Revolution Thermovapes if someone were to license the technology. I'm not sure how much they would have to cost to generate a good return though and in what quantities. IMO, they are still the best devices for concentrates at their price point, and they continue to be popular even after going out of production.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I have a windowed Revolution, which was a mess to use, and a DART which is brilliant but I rarely do any kind of oils any more for personal reasons. I am also digging my AVA right now and wish I could find another . . .

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
Man, someone needs to get China on making a low resistance 510-compatible knock off pronto!

I don't get the whole cera thing... do they not understand how big the DIY ecig market is? they could capture some great sales just from people who use ecigs and want a concentrate cartridge on the side, considering how well reviewed the DART is in that respect... From any owners, is it really that much better than other wax/concentrate carts?

The fact that they only do the cera now should only strengthen the case for keeping the DARTs around... not everyone has $300 to spend on a concentrate only vape that (from what i've seen/heard thus far) tends to break down quite often...

I own a lv dart and paid over $50 new from thermovape about a year ago. it hasn't seen daylight since I got the cera eo. not even a comparison.

Soflo,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

I own a lv dart and paid over $50 new from thermovape about a year ago. it hasn't seen daylight since I got the cera eo. not even a comparison.

I concur. I got my first dart used in a package on the classifieds for about what it would have cost new. And was able to scrape up a second brand new one long after theywdere discontinued. I sold one of the Darts when I aquired the Cera, keeping the other one as a backup. After about a week of using the Cera, i just could not go back to the Dart and sold the backup i kept.

It really is a night and day experience. Yes the Dart was smaller and lighter with my ultra and ultramax bodies. And they were also a little more discreet. But with the ultra i always had to have a spare battery handy. Not so much with the ultramax(T1) but that was also fairly bigger (not as big and heavy as the cera though).

Anyway, yes the cera is bigger and heavier, the button takes some getting used to. But besides that its wonderful. I barely need to preheat with the cera compared to the Dart, i get much bigger puffs, and i dont nee to carry spare oil around because you dont need to load small dabs.

Even if they kept producing the darts and old bodies which ran around $150 and came with everything you need compared to the Cera EO which will run almost double after charger and batteries, i would easily choose the cera in a heartbeat.

Top Bottom