• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Why can't I get the same "high" than I used to get?

TheFatBastard

Well, I posted this in another thread, but I think this may be of interest for a lot of people that has changed to vaping.

I have an Extreme V-Tower, and when I started vaping, I got really GOOD HIGHS, I mean, I could watch a concert and really feel the music, enjoy the images, like if I were just there, watching it live! Also, almost psicodelic high, with colors changing, body floating, introspective thinking... really awesome, and using little amount of herbs.

After some time, my vapings sessions had less effect and I feel really sleepy, and I never had again that kind of high that I really enjoyed. Even sex was great in my first highs, but now I even can't "function" sometimes :lol:

After taking 5 or 6 puffs in about 10 minutes, I get a nice high, but not as "high" as I described before, just a nice buzz....then I continue vaping and at a point, the high goes away and I get really stoned, sleepy....

I also adquired a Ddave mod kit, thinking I could get that kind of high again with new glass in the V-Tower...even bought a bong to use wit it, but didn't help much.

In my first session, as I was experimenting, new to the Extreme V-Tower, I used to have hits very slowly, and very spaced between them, 5/10min or so.... maybe that is the secret? I tried to do the same in my last session but, again, can't get that same cool "high"

I use pretty much the same quantity of herbs, and for sure I've not created tolerance as I only vape weekend nights.

Any idea of how get that nice high, great for listening to music, watch vids, introspective thoughts, etc????

Thanks all in advance!!!

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
The concentrate high seems to be more like what you're describing as wanting? I find vaping flowers have that more complete spectrum that can contribute to the stoned, relaxed feeling. I just took a couple of dabs of a nice high sativa at low temperatures and feel charged up ready to start my day.

Lower temps may help? I sometimes do bowls in my crafty at 356F, definitely keeps the stoned feeling suppressed.

ginolicious

Get a sativa plant. Possibly a white widow, white rhino, green crack, jack herr. And vape at a low temp. It’ll keep you awake. What I think you are doing is vaping heavy indica. I notice that I do 2 bowls in my
Square of indica at 325, 340 and 350 and I’m basically useless and ready for bed by 10pm.

TheFatBastard

This is happening because you have became a stoner. This happens to most everyone so you are normal. Do not worry you will still get 'that high' about once every blue moon but you will never get high like you did when herb was something new and different.

Welcome to the club.

:nod:

:bang: :D

Get a sativa plant. Possibly a white widow, white rhino, green crack, jack herr. And vape at a low temp. It’ll keep you awake. What I think you are doing is vaping heavy indica. I notice that I do 2 bowls in my
Square of indica at 325, 340 and 350 and I’m basically useless and ready for bed by 10pm.

I'm using pretty much the same material, some outdoor autos with high % THC. I thought it was because of the autos (though is the same I used to vap at the beggining), but tried regular sativa flowers and didn't help.

Maybe I should stay at 350/356F and do not increase the temperature.

What do you think about the bong? I bought this one :

Last edited by a moderator:

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
@TheFatBastard
I have two thoughts that have helped me:

1) Alternate between vapes. Every vape has a unique “signature” basically a different high than another one. Switching between at least two (if possible, get one conduction, one convection, one hybrid, etc.) You will definitely notice a difference.

2) Take a tolerance break (t-break) if possible. Personally, if I take two days off every once in a while, I get much more medicated on that first session. I have also taken longer ones that really reset my tolerance quite a bit, but that takes a lot of self discipline, something I lack! There is a t-break thread somewhere, if I can find it I will add the link later.

cosimo

Well, I posted this in another thread, but I think this may be of interest for a lot of people that has changed to vaping.

I have an Extreme V-Tower, and when I started vaping, I got really GOOD HIGHS, I mean, I could watch a concert and really feel the music, enjoy the images, like if I were just there, watching it live! Also, almost psicodelic high, with colors changing, body floating, introspective thinking... really awesome, and using little amount of herbs.

After some time, my vapings sessions had less effect and I feel really sleepy, and I never had again that kind of high that I really enjoyed. Even sex was great in my first highs, but now I even can't "function" sometimes :lol:

After taking 5 or 6 puffs in about 10 minutes, I get a nice high, but not as "high" as I described before, just a nice buzz....then I continue vaping and at a point, the high goes away and I get really stoned, sleepy....

I also adquired a Ddave mod kit, thinking I could get that kind of high again with new glass in the V-Tower...even bought a bong to use wit it, but didn't help much.

In my first session, as I was experimenting, new to the Extreme V-Tower, I used to have hits very slowly, and very spaced between them, 5/10min or so.... maybe that is the secret? I tried to do the same in my last session but, again, can't get that same cool "high"

I use pretty much the same quantity of herbs, and for sure I've not created tolerance as I only vape weekend nights.

Any idea of how get that nice high, great for listening to music, watch vids, introspective thoughts, etc????

Thanks all in advance!!!

same happened to me. in my case, I believe it was due to tolerance and the bud i'm able to get. my case was this, maybe it will help you...

-first two weeks using the vape (V-Tower 2017 model) with White Rhino: every day usage but only using it after lunch, sometimes even waiting until after dinner for my first vaping of the day. the high was amazing, only felt "stoned" setting unit above 190C, but mostly vaped at 185 max using cyclone bowl and elbow method.
-after first two weeks, still same weed, that bright head high wasn't there, and only came randomly and for short times. spent a couple weeks changing everything to reach that high again... puff lenght, temp, type of weed,different bowl, different room, different house, etc. but kept vaping every day.
-i didn't want to accept it was tolerance issue specially since i was now using even less weed than ever, and wanting to vape even less frequently during the day. BUT i did a full 3-day stop just to see what happened.
-first days after 3-day stop: aaaaaaawwww, back again to that lovely high... until i changed my bud (best i can find here is well manicured white rhino). went back to the same bud and woooa, back to that high.

So, what i took from this experience and has been working for me to get that bright high (i cal it bright cuz for me everything seems just brighter in that high) is to identify which bud gave me that high (my case, white rhino) and when not achieving that high with that bud, change it or try to have a longer no-vape period and then try vaping again. so far i haven't had to have the 3 day fasting period again (i am doing random one day fastings) and im still with the same bud (haven't found any better or different dealers). so maybe not just tolerance issue in my case, but the bud also has a good part in it. time will tell.

Hope my case helps you. Keep trying.

Last edited:

TheFatBastard

@TheFatBastard

1) Alternate between vapes. Every vape has a unique “signature” basically a different high than another one. Switching between at least two (if possible, get one conduction, one convection, one hybrid, etc.) You will definitely notice a difference.

2) Take a tolerance break (t-break) if possible. Personally, if I take two days off every once in a while, I get much more medicated on that first session. I have also taken longer ones that really reset my tolerance quite a bit, but that takes a lot of self discipline, something I lack! There is a t-break thread somewhere, if I can find it I will add the link later.

same happened to me. in my case, I believe it was due to tolerance and the bud i'm able to get. my case was this, maybe it will help you...
-first two weeks using the vape (V-Tower 2017 model): every day usage but only using it after lunch, sometimes even waiting after dinner. the high was amazing, only felt "stoned" setting unit above 190C, but mostly vaped at 185 max using cyclone bowl and elbow method.
-after first two weeks, that bright head high wasn't there, and only came randomly and for short times. spent a couple weeks changigf everything to reach that high again... puff lenght, temp, type of weed,difrernt bowl, diferent room, diffent house, etc.
-i didn't want to accept it was tolerance issue specially since i was now using even less weed than ever, and wanting to smoke even less frequently. BUT i did a 3 day stop just to see what happened.
-first days after 3 day stop: aaaaaaawwww, back again to that lovely high... until i changed my bud. went back to the same bud and woooa, back to that high.

So, what i took from this experience and has been working for me to get that bright high (i cal it bright cuz for me everything seems just brighter in that high) is to identify which bud gave me that high (my case, white rhino) and when not achieving that high with that bud, try to have alonger no-smoke period and try again... if nothing, change bud. so far i haven't had to have the fasting period again. so maybe not just tolerance issue here, but the bud also has a good part in it.
@TheFatBastard

-first two weeks using the vape (V-Tower 2017 model): every day usage but only using it after lunch, sometimes even waiting after dinner. the high was amazing, only felt "stoned" setting unit above 190C, but mostly vaped at 185 max using cyclone bowl and elbow method.
-after first two weeks, that bright head high wasn't there, and only came randomly and for short times. spent a couple weeks changigf everything to reach that high again... puff lenght, temp, type of weed,difrernt bowl, diferent room, diffent house, etc.
-i didn't want to accept it was tolerance issue specially since i was now using even less weed than ever, and wanting to smoke even less frequently. BUT i did a 3 day stop just to see what happened.
-first days after 3 day stop: aaaaaaawwww, back again to that lovely high... until i changed my bud. went back to the same bud and woooa, back to that high.

So, what i took from this experience and has been working for me to get that bright high (i cal it bright cuz for me everything seems just brighter in that high) is to identify which bud gave me that high (my case, white rhino) and when not achieving that high with that bud, try to have alonger no-smoke period and try again... if nothing, change bud. so far i haven't had to have the fasting period again. so maybe not just tolerance issue here, but the bud also has a good part in it.

Thanks!

I only vape friday/saturday nights, so that's a 6 day break....but maybe tolerance has something to do with "problem".

I think maybe I vape too much harder than the first times, when I was really careful and observative between each puff.

I'll try a slow session at 180/185c and see what happens....

cosimo

Thanks!

I only vape friday/saturday nights, so that's a 6 day break....but maybe tolerance has something to do with "problem".

I think maybe I vape too much harder than the first times, when I was really careful and observative between each puff.

I'll try a slow session at 180/185c and see what happens....

oh thats a long day break, it would be kinda intriguing if it were a tolerance thing....

Have you tried even lower temps? IMO give it a go also at lower temps, specially if you have the DDave adapter. The more i use my Vtower, the more i feel it gets hotter easier... i've even been thinkg that i warm it up longer with out being aware of it. At the begining i was more OCD with it (e.g., heating up was exactly a minimum of 15 minutes), now i just turn it on on 186C before i start eating, then, after ive eaten (either dinner or lunch) i remember that the unit is on and start grinding my herbs and then proceed to elbow hit.

so hahahhahaha (shiit... im really high now) just saying, maybe your unit is heating better/hotter than before (maybe cuz of summer?) and you might be vaping at higher temps now?

Last edited:

TheFatBastard

oh thats a long day break, it would be kinda intriguing if it were a tolerance thing....

Have you tried even lower temps? IMO give it a go also at lower temps, specially if you have the DDave adapter. The more i use my Vtower, the more i feel it gets hotter easier... i've even been thinkg that i warm it up longer with out being aware of it. At the begining i was more OCD with it (e.g., heating up was exactly a minimum of 15 minutes), now i just turn it on on 186C before i start eating, then, after ive eaten (either dinner or lunch) i remember that the unit is on and start grinding my herbs and then proceed to elbow hit.

so hahahhahaha (shiit... im really high now) just saying, maybe your unit is heating better/hotter than before (maybe cuz of summer?) and you might be vaping at higher temps now?

Well, I really thought about the glass reaching higher temperatures with the DDave adapter.... as I said maybe I'll try a full session only at lower temperatures and see where that drives me....I always use to start vaping at 180c and take 5 puffs, incrementing the temperature 5c each 5 puffs

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Switching it up using different vaporizers and cannabis is something I do. Your body gets used to the same cannabis. In the black market days I would get whatever cannabis my friend had. Just one strain. If he had the same strain the following month I would be disappointed because I wouldn’t get as medicated as I had when I first started vaporizing with it.

Now days I live in a legal state. I usually have at least 3 or 4 different strains.

Keep your tolerance in check. I personally don’t use concentrates all the time but in the past it has made my tolerance go sky high. A 2 or 3 day T break usually works for me.

I save my hard core vaporizer (EVO) for once in a while along with the the mated water tool and it is my face melter. I can still get very high and I’ve been using cannabis for many years. Getting really high isn’t always my motivation though. Variety i say is key.

Last edited:

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
In my experience, no matter how little I use, eventually my tolerance raises. I don't receive the same elevation no matter how small my bowl is. Yeah, it slows the process starting small...and it only takes a couple days of abstinence to refresh my tolerance.

Here are the things that seem to assist in attaining an enjoyable high while not increasing the amount of cannabis I'm using.
1. Vaporizer
2. Strain

That's it, really. Switch to a different vape or strain for a while will help rock your socks again.

TheFatBastard

Switching it up using different vaporizers and cannabis is something I do. Your body gets used to the same cannabis. In the black market days I would get whatever cannabis my friend had. Just one strain. If he had the same strain the following month I would be disappointed because I wouldn’t get as medicated as I had when I first started vaporizing with it.

Now days I live in a legal state. I usually have at least 3 or 4 different strains.

Keep your tolerance in check. I personally don’t use concentrates all the time but in the past it has made my tolerance go sky high. A 2 or 3 day T break usually works for me.

I save my hard core vaporizer (EVO) for once in a while along with the the mated water tool and it is my face melter. I can still get very high and I’ve been using cannabis for many years. Getting really high isn’t always my motivation though. Variety i say is key.

Thanks for the info!

I'm using different strains, the effects indeed are different, but I must be doing something different from the first times vaping.....I think maybe now I'm vaping too much or too fast, and that gets me stoned....I don't know, gotta make some different sessions and see what results I get.

crawdad

floatin
Switching it up using different vaporizers and cannabis is something I do. Your body gets used to the same cannabis.

similarly, change up the (set and) setting...your mind can get used to rituals and routines. i find settings have an affect of what seems longer term tolerance versus strains and vape temps producing shorter term tolerance (my experience). the more i change only the strain or temp the more i feel like im chasing, when combining that with changes in how/when/what i do after/before i find its more of a balance that more resembles what got me hooked in the first place. :peace:

JCat

Accessory Maker
Thanks for the info!

I'm using different strains, the effects indeed are different, but I must be doing something different from the first times vaping.....I think maybe now I'm vaping too much or too fast, and that gets me stoned....I don't know, gotta make some different sessions and see what results I get.
Ultimately using much less frequently is your only option if you want those early type effects. (If you cut back to once a week you will likely see those effects return)

If you go back to daily, after having been on weekly for a while, it will likely only take a couple days to get you back to where you are now. Tough to get that "first time" feeling again ... only way you'll get it is with strength of will to take decent t-breaks like others have mentioned and seriously moderate your usage.

I, personally, prefer to continue to vape 2-3g a day (or equivalent in concentrate) versus only occasionally and getting that really enjoyable "high" ... it's a trade-off ... I trade much of the recreational aspect of it in favour of getting the medical benefit I feel I need ...

Alexis

@TheFatBastard

@TheFatBastard great advice above from @Jill NYC . My own gut thought was- time for a new vape! Honestly if you took some of my vapes away, and left me with only some certain others, or just 1!... I would want to give up weed because achieving the high I need and enjoy, day in day out, with just one vape that doesnt do it for me (but which can still have a widespread reputation and following with many satisfied users),

But if that vape isnt working for me like my preferred current options, then I would not be getting very "high" and Im sure it would be getting me down in life to never be reaching that buzz I seek in theway that works for ME in an easy way I enjoy.

Bang on is @Jill NYC about the vape signature. Having a variety of vapes makes as much, or potentially EVEN MORE difference at times than a variety of strains.

Also a T break is the real answer too. Just 48 hours makes a surprising difference to how much of an enjoyable high and consciousness effect you get and that can last for weeks after a single short break, that you will positively notice a better buzz.

I am in the same boat actually. A T break would be very handy and well advised, to lower tolerance and improve enjoyment of effects. But I drag my heels!

Alexis

The OP said he only vapes one day a week.
Yeah just caught up now. No point in a T break then. But a new and far "better" vape wouldn't hurt to elevate that experience to a more special level?

I mean, compare the level of enjoyment, satisfaction, pleasure and excitement the Flowerpot(s) give you every single day.
Then imagine having only one vape that you know is shitin comparison.

Even 1 day a week, having the Showerhead I believe would cut through the mundainity and sense of lacking we are talking about here.
For me essentially- this is a mental, psychlogical thing. Acclimatisation. The experience has just become too familiar and needs spicing up in one or more ways.

Edit- maybe try vaping while hanging over a cliff?

ginolicious

Maybe cannabinoids no longer affect the OP? I know people who just can’t smoke or vape weed anymore cause it has little no affect on them. It’s like the guy who drinks 1 beer and is piss hammered compared to the guy who drinks 3-4 and is finally starting to feel happy.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
There's a lot of sub par weed out there. Don't presume your stuff is the best, there's always better. Even my caregiver sells stuff that is not very good. I got my hands on some 18-28% THC flowers that will put you on the moon. Keeping your ECS in check by feeding it a nice diet of a variety of different cannabis strains for sure helps. I generally switch strains every few days or so, with at least one different strain for the nightcap to insure maximum efficacy. Don't discount the edibles either :2c:

Alexis

Exactly, my Flower Pot is my Tesla.
It makes sense to me that with an inferior vape which is not capable of delivering anywhere near the full potential of the herb, we will reach our tolerance saturation much faster and it will be nearly impossible to bump that experience up some notches.

With a super extracting beast you can always hit through that barrier, to a point, and T breaks are not as necessary to go enjoying the full effects. A large pile of weed (or cash), is however necessary. :\

TheFatBastard

Thanks a lot for all the replies, I'm overwhelmed!

Yesterday, as an experiment, I did a very short session, 0.3/0.4g maybe, just 5 or six puffs in 20 minutes...and I got a very nice high, not so "high" (almost psychedelic ) as I used to get in my first sessions, but I think maybe that is the way....the high lasted like 3 hours, and was very nice.

As I said, I only vape once a week, maybe two (friday and saturday night), and I've got nice highs with my V-Tower Vape and the different strains I've used. Maybe I was trying to get that psychedelic high by using more weed, or vaping harder, and that gets me stoned.

My favourite high is when I put a nice music concert (btw, The Cure "Show" is my favourite!!! You guys should give it a try) and can concentrate in the music and images, feeling and hearing each instrument separately and hearing almost in 3D...sometimes I could feel I was literally there, watching the concert live.

I'm a music freak, and flowers improve the experience dramatically!!!!

Top Bottom