Why are 1st timer MJ Experiences Not Always Stoney?

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
While I smoke my 1st doob at 14, it didn't work. I tried it off and on until that summer, and I finally got off. I thought, at first, because I wasn't getting off, that my friend's were faking the silliness I saw but that I didn't feel. That summer, however, I finally got to experience a high.

I wonder why it took so long? Was it just my mind not "letting" me? It has always interested me that not everyone gets off the first times they use.

macbill,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Dude, i thought i was the only one lol. My friends tried getting me stoned on about 6 different occasions before it worked. Ppl were all like "ah you're just not hittin it right" or "youre not inhaling it all the way in or something!", then they'd observe me take a rip off a bong and not feel stoned and it would just blow their mind. Diff ppl were bringing their herb over just to see if it would get me stoned so they could boast about it. Then one day we smoked a J and I was like "Whoa :o" and of course i've hit bongs and pipes since and they've got me stoned... i'd like to know why also lol.

When i got my first vape i was actually afriad the same thing might happen again for some reason. Thankfully it was just the opposite lol, got stoneder than ever before

steiner666,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Take this with a grain of salt since I can't back this up at the moment (don't have the texts handy). In some of my Pharmacology classes, I was told that enzyme induction was required for people to have an effect from THC/Pot. Ingesting THC for the first time would have little or no effect, but subsequent usages could have an effect because production of an intermediary modulating enzyme was stimulated the first time/use.

On a biochemical level this makes sense; but the prof who told us this never named the enzyme, so....

For what it's worth, the first time I smoked pot (1976), I felt squat, zip, nada, zilch, nothing. I stayed away from it until 1984. When I 'retried' it, I was hit by the proverbial ton of bricks.

Tom

tdavie,

Konrad_Zuse

I heard it all before, but I think it could be a myth, not sure. I know I was high the first time I actually smoked. A lot of people do it the wrong way, and that's why they do not get high. Either shitty stuff, or not enough inhaled. The first time I got high it was 4 hiuts of grand daddy purp in a bowl. I didn't kow how to hit it, I tried to take big rips and would cough the fuck up, but I knew I was high now. At that time I didn't know it but I was basically.

Konrad_Zuse,

Mckdenton

I also got nothing from my first time. But i'm pretty sure i wasn't hitting it like i was supposed to.

Mckdenton,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I have also heard the receptors don't turn on the first time. I honestly....have a hard time remembering that far back lol!

Lo,

bcleez

I got wrecked the first time. I think it is a lot of people that just don't know how to inhale or don't think they are high, at least when you are really young. 3 of us got ripped of a cigarette that had the tobacco pushed out, filter ripped off, and stuffed really poorly. I remember this because my friend and I killed a box of cocoa pebbles with our bare hands, dry, no milk, laughing the whole time. (middle school era)

bcleez,

the ob

all good in the hood.
first time nothing happened. the second time I was blasted.

the ob,

wthanna

the ob said:
first time nothing happened. the second time I was blasted.
Same here. No effect the first time. Second time, wow! I have witnessed this several times in my life, and they all were "doing it right".

wthanna,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Nice article Lo.

You know, I thought the first time I smoked that I had had some really crappy shit. Maybe not even weed. Looked a little like bark. And the people I had gotten it from were a little janky. Then, when I knew that it was good stuff, the time I thought was the real first time, I got blown away. Now I'm beginning to wonder if the stuff that I smoked the first time actually was weed and I just didn't get high. Oh well. No way to know now. :shrug:

momofthegoons,

GreenLeaf

I was not inhaling correctly the first time.

I did however smoke out a longtime friend of mine for his first time and yes he really did get high. That night my high from smoking was very psychedelic and a trip since I had recently eaten mushrooms the night before and pot is psychedelic for me.

My friend described good THC as sort of being drunk but he got baked from smoking.

Aside from some Vicodin or Percocets when he had dental surgery the only other drug besides caffeine and nicotine that he'd used was alcohol in small, moderate, and large quantities.

GreenLeaf,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
In 1969 or 1970 it took me quite a few times - the weed was fine and I was hitting it right, my experienced friends were helping me through it and they were surprised that I felt nothing.
I would say it took about 6 different sessions but then Bang! Zoom! To the moon, Alice!

ralphwildeyed.jpg

jeffp,
Top Bottom