Who's Passed Out From Vaping?

unzari

I've been smoking for 25 years and only ever passed out from smoking once but since I got my Extreme it's happened twice already. Da-yum!

Anyone else pass out from vaping?

unzari,

lwien

Nope. But I do know that your BP can take a nose dive when you first stand after vaping, so...........get up slowly.

lwien,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
lwien said:
Nope. But I do know that your BP can take a nose dive when you first stand after vaping, so...........get up slowly.
Boy can it ever nosedive! I'm taking some bp meds and have learnt to stand up really slowly. Add in vaping and I practically crawl to a standing position.

But my g/f, god bless her, has bought me a bean bag chair for weekend use :) I think I could sleep in those.

Tom

tdavie,

Beezleb

unzari said:
I've been smoking for 25 years and only ever passed out from smoking once but since I got my Extreme it's happened twice already. Da-yum!

Anyone else pass out from vaping?
Seen it all the time from smoking at the boat Mississippi in Maastricht. Nothing funnier than watching a worker catch someone falling and fighting with them to take a piece of sugar which will bring you out of it immediately.

Beezleb,

GreenLeaf

The only time I ever passed out or blacked out was when I ate way too much herb and it was not blood pressure or blood sugar related at all and I was not dehydrated.

GreenLeaf,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
i've passed out before... was a big hit though. Much bigger than I could handle. Full bowl of keif in the extreme run a slightly high temp hooked up to a gravity bong. BP dropped immediately and I went out like a light.

DevoTheStrange,

lwien

GreenLeaf said:
The only time I ever passed out or blacked out was when I ate way too much herb and it was not blood pressure or blood sugar related at all and I was not dehydrated.
How do you know?

lwien,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
I won't say this as a hard and fast rule because I can not point to specific papers, but I think the scientific consensus is that marijuana can raise heart rate slightly (not that it always will, nor for all people), and that it can lead to transient lower blood pressure (sane caveat).

On a personal level though, I've vaped on an empty stomach and gotten ferocious stomach pains. I checked my blood glucose (I'm not diabetic) and it wasn't lower than normal for me. An iced tea w/honey did the trick. I've also vaped on an empty stomach with no ill effects at all, other than munchies.

Tom

tdavie,

GreenLeaf

lwien said:
GreenLeaf said:
How do you know?
Because I ate lots of herb on cheese and crackers and it made me very lethargic and almost paralyzed at times, there were also times that I blacked out and passed out at one point, and that's what herb can do at high oral doses.

I do not have issues with blood pressure, I had eaten food and had not avoided it before eating the herb, I had stayed hydrated during the day before I ate the herb and I drank some water during the experience, and I do not have hypoglycemia or blood sugar related problems.

GreenLeaf,

lwien

GreenLeaf said:
lwien said:
GreenLeaf said:
How do you know?
Because I ate lots of herb on cheese and crackers and it made me very lethargic and almost paralyzed at times, there were also times that I blacked out and passed out at one point, and that's what herb can do at high oral doses.

I do not have issues with blood pressure, I had eaten food and had not avoided it before eating the herb, I had stayed hydrated during the day before I ate the herb and I drank some water during the experience, and I do not have hypoglycemia or blood sugar related problems.
You don't have to have an ongoing issue with blood pressure for your BP to nose dive after taking a heavy hit. THC will lower your blood pressure while raising your heartbeat. It kind of affects everyone this way, to one extent or another.

lwien,

GreenLeaf

lwien said:
GreenLeaf said:
lwien said:
How do you know?

You don't have to have an ongoing issue with blood pressure for your BP to nose dive after taking a heavy hit. THC will lower your blood pressure while raising your heartbeat. It kind of affects everyone this way, to one extent or another.
It felt like my BP went up some when I ate a lot of herb but I'm pretty sure that was anxiety.

I have met others who did pass out/black out briefly from eating lots of herb.

It was like blacking out or passing out from too much alcohol or from Benzos except that I was very stoned and I had only eaten lots of herb.

I've never passed out or blacked out from smoking even when I smoked so much herb I could not move or when everything seemed tilted and I haven't passed out from vaping either.

GreenLeaf,

lwien

GreenLeaf said:
It felt like my BP went up some when I ate a lot of herb but I'm pretty sure that was anxiety.
Typically, one cannot feel it when their BP goes up (reason why they call it a silent killer), so I would tend to think it was either anxiety, or the normal hearts reaction to THC which is an increased in BPM (beats per minute) along with a lowering of BP.

lwien,

GreenLeaf

lwien said:
GreenLeaf said:
Typically, one cannot feel it when their BP goes up (reason why they call it a silent killer), so I would tend to think it was either anxiety, or the normal hearts reaction to THC which is an increased in BPM (beats per minute) along with a lowering of BP.
OK thanks I guess it was an increased BPM or more likely lots of anxiety then.

When I would just smoke bud I would get the typical BPM increase with some anxiety but I do not get nearly as much anxiety from vaping at all.

GreenLeaf,

the ob

all good in the hood.
when I first purchased and used my ssv I had a night where I got up in the middle of the night and after I stood up fainted. It was really odd and the whole event was a little fuzzy. scared the shit out of my GF and my dog (who I fell on) It was really bizarre.

the ob,

lwien

Beezleb said:
Its a simple blood sugar issue :2c:

Weed can make it drop.
Beeze, why do think it's a blood sugar issue rather than a drop in BP ?

lwien,

luchiano

Yeah, I agree with BeezLeb because all the negative symptoms that are associated with herb are also associated with low blood sugar whether from people not utilizing sugar(diabetes) or eating foods that will cause the blood sugar to rise and drop fast such as crackers, brownies and other processed foods which have the fiber taken out.

I think that the reason some of the symptoms stop or lessen after a while of constantly taking bud is because the body learns how to deal with the herb as long as you have some food in your system(carbs) but if you go a little over what it's used to the problems occur. I wonder if this is why people don't get as high as the first few times of puffing/eating. That's why eating complex carbs as your main source of carbs is best to eat with cannabis even when you puff. If you do eat herb wit some processed food just drink some water with psyllium husk right after eating to slow the absorption of the sugars and giving the body constant energy to process the cannabis.

luchiano,

Beezleb

lwien said:
Beezleb said:
Its a simple blood sugar issue :2c:

Weed can make it drop.
Beeze, why do think it's a blood sugar issue rather than a drop in BP ?
Ive seen it many times. I used to live near Maastricht for a good part of my life. It is common knowledge weed can drop blood sugar in Holland. Especially if say someone eat a lot of sugar and then gets really high this can cause a crash from high to low blood sugar.

On the boat Mississippi which is a coffee shop they have a person, or did, who pretty much just watched for it and would pop a sugar cube in their mouth. People will typically initially fight it because they dont know whats going on and they feel pretty bad but they snap right out of it.

Beezleb,
Top Bottom