Whip Tubing - All Your Questions Answered!

Radio

stay true to yourselves
The first post of this thread might be a good place to check. ;)

:peace:
Thanks.
No1.gif
I only asked because it says that the info in the first post is compiled from old threads and needs to be rechecked.

Radio,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Nice find! Do you happen to know the diamater I should pick to replace the stock Extreme Q whip?

I don't own that vape, but according to the link in your post it states an inner diameter of 3/8 "

smokum,

Radio

stay true to yourselves
I don't own that vape, but according to the link in your post it states an inner diameter of 3/8 "
In all honesty, certain displays of numbers really throw off my mental ability.. I have trouble differentiating weights and measurements from one another sometimes. I'll stick with the SSV one which I know for a fact fits my EQ, and i'll go with the 30ft and just chop it up as required.

Thanks to all who answer questions for newbies. Means the world :) Unfortunately some of us need drawn diagrams to fully comprehend the answers sometimes lol

Radio,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Orionprax3000

Hi guys,

Can anyone do me a massive favor and find a UK seller for a black 3ft whip for DBV or SVV, I hate having to order from US, no patient to wait for that at all.

I've decided i don't wanna get clear ones anymore because they look well shit after like 2 weeks.

cheers

Orionprax3000,

stanley1131

it wont let me edit my above post but i also found a ptfe tubing that can withstand 550f. Why do vaporizers like ssv or eq use vinyl tubing when it can only withstand 125f max, seems like vapor could easily exceed those temps especially if you acccidently combust. Also what tubing is safe to wash with iso? When you wash parts like wands , etc in a plastic ziploc bag of iso are you leaching harmful chemicals?

Last edited:
stanley1131,

tuk

Hi i'm looking for the best possible material for my vaporizer whip. My main problem with my current whip is that the weed imparts its own unique taste on it so the different strain flavors kind of overlap, plus the whip has its own taste too. ...... makes me think it'll eventually give off toxic chemicals and it says to be careful about barbs/fittings as it may cause failure.
In order, either:

PTFE Tubing
Applications: Demanding lab, chemical, electrical, mechanical, pharmaceutical, and automotive applications. Good for high-purity work. PTFE tubing withstands extreme temperatures.
Characteristics: Chemically inert, nontoxic, and virtually nonporous. Excellent crack- and stress-resistance. Low coefficient of friction. Translucent.
Certification: Resin is FDA-compliant (21 CFR 177.1550); meets USP Class VI requirements.
Temperature range: –400 to 500°F (–240 to 260°C)
Sterilize: Autoclave, ethylene oxide, or use dry heat.

or

Silicone
Manufactured from FDA and WRC approved ingredients which are non-toxic and suitable for use in food, medical and pharmaceutical applications. Silicone is odourless, tasteless and possesses good resistance to ultra violet, ozone, gases and moisture.
Temperature Range: -100°C to +260°C.
Construction :
Lining : Clear Silicone Rubber.

...a max temp or 550f... much higher than silicone
Anything much beyond 500F is likely marketing/lies.

Modnote: This and the following 3 posts were moved from a redundant thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

stanley1131

oh and which one can be washed with iso alchohol? And is platinum cured silicone worth the price over peroxide cured? one is like $1 a foot the other is $8. Ptfe is somewhere in the middle of the price range, i have no idea if marijuana smoke contains anything that may leach plasticizers etc.

stanley1131,

stanley1131

Totally tubular! :lol:

I am glad this became a sticky. I remember looking up the markings on my tubing to buy some new tubing and being disgusted by the specs :tinfoil: ;).

I have much to share in this area and am interested in what those who are scientifically inclined have to say from a molecular breakdown standpoint.

For now, all I have time to say is that the tubing is from an unamed vape you can deduce by searching on FC, and was labeled kuriyama k010). And, my preferred tubing is PTFE tybing (particularly Tygon Chemflur PTFE), as it has a high heat resistance, is somewhat stretchy and is safe to autoclave/boil and use with hot gasses repeatedly (it does absorb oils/liquids overtime, however).

Toke it easy, all. :cool:
does ptfe have any off smells/taste? i have some cheap silicone tubing off amazon and it has a really distinct smell to it

stanley1131,

tuk

oh and which one can be washed with iso alchohol?
Reclaim or cleaning?, for me personally I wouldn't go near any plastics with iso, especially plastics that have been repeatedly heated...use a blunt scraper.

And is platinum cured silicone worth the price over peroxide cured?
I would forget the curing types and focus more on max/min temp ratings & food/med approved or not.

one is like $1 a foot the other is $8. Ptfe is somewhere in the middle of the price range,
ptfe is best, thats why I said "In order"

i have no idea if marijuana smoke contains anything that may leach plasticizers etc.
Smoke, maybe you mean vapour? ..as long as you stay within the temp ratings of the hose then it's safe, ptfe is designed to carry materials way more leachy than cannabis vapour.

Last edited:

stanley1131

For me personally I wouldn't go near any plastics with iso, especially plastics that have been repeatedly heated...use a scraper.

I would forget the curing types and focus more on max/min temp ratings & food/med approved or not.

ptfe is best, thats why I said "In order"

Smoke, maybe you mean vapour? ..as long as you stay within the temp ratings of the hose then it's safe, ptfe is designed to carry materials way more dangerous than cannabis vapour.

okay thanks what about the other Fluorpolymer tubing like fep etc, the ptfe stuff is $13 a foot! Can you link the safest tubing thats not too expensive and carrys the least amount of smell/taste ( i have cheap silicone from amazon and its smelly)? i dont want to spend too much on tubing especially if i can't wash it with iso. On another note why is iso packaged in plastic bottles if it leaches plastics so easily?

stanley1131,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I really like the tubing Vaporbrothers uses:

vb8008.jpg

OEM Clear Vaporbrothers® Replacement Hose
Approx. 3' clear replacement hose for any Vaporbrothers Vaporizer Whip. This Made from a Class IV medical grade, virgin compound of vinyl. This BPA free, DEHP free tube is designed especially for Vaporbrothers.

You use an vaporizer for your health, don't take chances on low grade plastics or sub par vapor whips. Vaporbrothers whips and hoses use only medical grade materials.

http://www.vaporwarehouse.com/site/vaporbrothers-whip-hose-clear.html#.VAdkoGO6iUk

---

silicone_hose.jpg

Vaporbrothers Medical Grade Silicone Replacement Hose

Medical grade silicone hose 44" long and custom designed for Vaporbrothers vaporizers. Silicone has a high temperature resistance, allowing for more durability around hot components. Inner diameter is slightly larger than standard tubing, increasing airflow significantly. Unlike its clear plastic counterpart, this hose is not see through.

Due to its additional flexibility this white silicone tube is perfect for use with a Vapor Brothers hydrator.

http://www.vaporwarehouse.com/site/vaporbrothers-whip-hose-silicone.html#.VAdlZWO6iUl

t-dub,

HarmlessJohnny_5

oh, man. i 'stress' my hose out when i dry it by 'swinging' it hard! now i am getting paranoid....:o

No No man, Life stresses us all out sometimes and for tubing it is the same. Tubeing, like ourselves, just need a little toke to mellow it out afterwards. You did give the hose a toke after you got it all stressed out, right?

HarmlessJohnny_5,
Reactions: tennisguru1

mixchu69

I have a question about cutting tubing to fit your needs. Is it safe to cut silicone tubing (I.e. Herbie whip)? If it is, should I cut it with a razor or what tool?

Viskuld

Hi all,

I'm a newbi when it comes to vap but I own a Mighty. It is great, but it makes my lungs feel pressure after a bowl or two, so I was seeking a way to prevent it.
I've heard that a silicon tube would be great to cool down the vapor and to prevent particules.

The Mighty's moutupiece opening is 1 cm wide and 0.5 cm high.
Could you give me advice about which tube I should buy ? I guess I'll buy it on amazon since I'm from France.

Thank you :haw:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Hi all,

I'm a newbi when it comes to vap but I own a Mighty. It is great, but it makes my lungs feel pressure after a bowl or two, so I was seeking a way to prevent it.
I've heard that a silicon tube would be great to cool down the vapor and to prevent particules.

The Mighty's moutupiece opening is 1 cm wide and 0.5 cm high.
Could you give me advice about which tube I should buy ? I guess I'll buy it on amazon since I'm from France.

Thank you :haw:
I've managed to connect 5/16"ID silicone tubing to my Crafty mouthpiece fairly easily.

:peace:

b0

Cloudy...
I'm totally new to whip tubing because I never had a whip vape, but want to order some to put it in my ESV and use it in a 14mm bubbler. Anyone knows what size I would need?

Viskuld

Thank you very much Stu.

I live in France and I've just spend two hours looking for an european provider for a silicon whip :\
All I can find are professional website where you have to buy at least 50 meters of tubing, or american website where the postal charges are beyond 40$. Amazon doesn't help.

How european people do ? :0

Modnote: back to back posts merged

My bad, I've found something.
After seeing this page : http://www.vaporizerwizard.com/crafty-mighty-water-pipe-adapter-tutorial/

I decided to buy a silicone whip made to replace the Arizer's (http://www.vaporisateur.net/407-tuyau-de-vaporisation-en-silicone-versitec-haut-de-gamme.html)

Last edited by a moderator:

Vapoleon

Vapoleon Bonaparte
Maybe you could try http://www.namastevapesfrance.com/
I never bought anithing from them, but i think they have a good reputation and namaste is in your country. I also live in europe, and i will buy silicone tubing from vapefiend, they are in Great Britanne:
http://www.vapefiend.co.uk/silicone-tubing.html

Its a good store, you can trust them, and they dont have any additional postal charges as i know. I ordered from them my EQ, and now i will buy my air and silicone tubing for my EQ also from VAPEFIEND.

:)

MinnBobber

Hi,
I did search but cannot find a couple specs:

1. what's the ID and OD for MFLB water whip hose?

2. for a bigger hose, someone really liked the Vapor Bros Class IV medical grade hose BUT
page one here lists it as ID of 5/8". Can that be??
I have SSV hose at 3/8" ID and that seems REALLY big. 5/8" is like garden hose size...???
ID and OD for Vapor Bros hose?

MinnBobber,
Top Bottom