• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Whip style vape owners... Mouthpiece or no mouthpiece?

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I can do either, but I prefer the mouthpiece.

When I had my Supreme, it really didnt make that much of a difference. When I got my SSV the mouthpiece made it 'nicer' on my lips but not a necessity.

AGBeer,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
I never, ever use my mouthpiece unless I am vaping with others while I am sick. I just cant stand it, I like to bite down on the tubing very slightly and also find that I can get better suction without the mouthpiece. Plus I don't like having to hold a whip up to my mouth, which I have to do with any of my mouthpieces.

aesthyrian,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Toward the end of my ssv ownership, i stopped using a mouthpiece. It was easier to set the whip down without having to worry about the glass of the wand and the mouthpiece clankin together, and easier to hold the tubing in your mouth without using a hand. Of all the parts to the ssv/dbv, the mouthpiece was definitely the most arbitrary imo. The only time i used one was when vaping in groups usually. Although, a lot of the time i would have my water pipe adapter on the end, and would just use it as a mouthpiece rather than remove it.

steiner666,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Yeah mouthpiece with screen for particulate filtering or AquaVape's big water mouthpiece!

FLskwat,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I do not like to use the tube without a mouthpiece, but the mouthpieces are getting a bit expensive since I've discovered water-filtration -and especially- water-cooling.

OhTheAgony,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
On both the Extreme and SSV I use a mouthpiece. Just seems nicer than sucking on a piece of tubing. But I could live without one.

Tom

tdavie,

Nycdeisel

with the DBV I personally always liked the airflow and feel that the mouthpiece gave.

Nycdeisel,

SmokingElectricity

i have both a custom for my DBV and the original it came with, but i really been feeling using no mouthpiece the last few nights. pull some super big rips with ease. water filtrated hits are still my favorite, but its nice to switch it up on occasion.

SmokingElectricity,

TerrorTurkey

i always use the mouthpiece. the glass feels so much more natural on my lips then the rough edges of the tubing. probably from using glass pipes for years

TerrorTurkey,

Frickr

mouthpiece is the only way i like to. makes it feel less like something made in the garage and it would bother me too much if i would bite onto the tubing unless if it were cleaned right away.

Frickr,

Mindcntrlpankak

Vapor Connoisseur
Never.

funny story actually

When i bought my DBV, i didn't realize it came with a mouth piece, and when i found out they did i just assumed mine didn't have one. THE DAY I SOLD IT to a friend he reaches in one of the pockets deep down, and says "Whats this".

I said....fuck....that's the mouthpiece i never found! haha 6 months of use, and i never found it. I liked it just fine without the glass.

Mindcntrlpankak,

nuvap

85% Sativa / 15% Indica
Since getting my DBV I've always used the mouthpiece so after reading this thread I decided to try without it... and man what difference. I have had to increase my temp a little because of the increased airflow but I feel I am getting far better control via breathing now than I was while using the mouthpiece and it just 'feels' a little better for some reason.

I actually like the mouthpiece itself and feel it finished the whip off well, making look a bit nicer than just a piece of tubing but I doubt I can go back to using it now. Pretty impressed by the difference and I'm glad I tried it. :)

Edited for typos.

nuvap,

Nycdeisel

Mindcntrlpankak said:
Never.

funny story actually

When i bought my DBV, i didn't realize it came with a mouth piece, and when i found out they did i just assumed mine didn't have one. THE DAY I SOLD IT to a friend he reaches in one of the pockets deep down, and says "Whats this".

I said....fuck....that's the mouthpiece i never found! haha 6 months of use, and i never found it. I liked it just fine without the glass.

Thats funny. I didnt find my mouthpiece hidden in the bag until several months after I got it. I was like :o :o :o

Before that I had just used the vapor bong and if I used it dry I just used the GonG adapter that was already in its place.

Nycdeisel,

Scuba Steve Tokes

This is a question to all owners of whip style vapes. Do you use a mouthpiece on your whip?
Yep! I have a Plenty and an MFLB. I am currently using my plenty mouthpiece. It fits perfectly into my 3/8id tubing. It’s fine, just fine.
what was awesome was my MFLB dart stem. It also fits perfectly in 3/8id tubing, and smaller too I’m sure because of the shape. I much, much prefer it because the shape fist the lips more comfortably and it imparts a hint of rich woody flavor on the vapor. I’m sure purists will frown upon this but I really really enjoy the extra flavor.

Unfortunately it fell out of my pocket and my puppy chewed it up so it is unusable. I couldn’t even be mad, it tasted wonderful and I myself couldn’t help but nibble on it a bit! Planning to order another one and some battery caps soon.

I also like using a jhook as a mouthpiece, very classy feel.

Last edited:
Scuba Steve Tokes,

Scuba Steve Tokes

Lol Cheebsy you crack me up!

I was searching ask FC for a thread about everyone’s favorite dry mouthpieces and I couldn’t find one so I posted here and then made a new thread:

can’t wait to see what sveryone’s favorite mouthpiece is. I’m hoping someone says something weird and cool like a 45° adapter clipped to a sidewinder stem or something else that would look super cool but not cost me an arm or a leg.

Scuba Steve Tokes,
Reactions: Cheebsy

howie105

This is a question to all owners of whip style vapes. Do you use a mouthpiece on your whip?
No, I seldom use a mouthpiece because most of them add restriction to the air path. The exception is a Plenty where the coil serves as a whip and its mouthpiece is fairly wide open.

howie105,

Kins

Yep! I have a Plenty and an MFLB. I am currently using my plenty mouthpiece. It fits perfectly into my 3/8id tubing. It’s fine, just fine.
what was awesome was my MFLB dart stem. It also fits perfectly in 3/8id tubing, and smaller too I’m sure because of the shape. I much, much prefer it because the shape fist the lips more comfortably and it imparts a hint of rich woody flavor on the vapor. I’m sure purists will frown upon this but I really really enjoy the extra flavor.

Unfortunately it fell out of my pocket and my puppy chewed it up so it is unusable. I couldn’t even be mad, it tasted wonderful and I myself couldn’t help but nibble on it a bit! Planning to order another one and some battery caps soon.

I also like using a jhook as a mouthpiece, very classy feel.

Only took you 9 years to answer him!

Vaporware

I wish I knew about this place 9 years ago! I do hope someone got something out of my post even though it’s a little late :lmao:

The problem with reviving long-dead posts, especially in Ask FC, is that people will often not notice the dates and think the whole thread is new. Then they either waste time reading the whole thread (probably confused by out of date info), or they respond to the original poster as if they were looking for advice now.

I’m sure it is useful info for the right people, but the chances of them reading the whole thread and finding it are a lot lower than if you posted it in another relevant thread that’s meant to run for years like the MFLB thread or one about whips if there is one in another section.

Not trying to be mean, and I don’t think necroposting is always bad, but I try to be careful about the specific threads and types of threads I bring back and I don’t do it too often. :2c: :)

Edit: I just realized I was mixing this up with the other “upgrade from MFLB recommendations” thread you posted in. This one’s more general, so it’s more necro-worthy at least. :lol:

Scuba Steve Tokes

Vaporware I had not considered that. Thank you for pointing it out to me, I keep bumbling my way around this place and I want to make it better not confuse people. I will try to be careful that I am bringing back a relevant thread or just let it be from now on.

I appreciate constructive criticism and I will most certainly try to apply it going forward. I really just want to be a good FC member and this helps so thank you again!

Scuba Steve Tokes,
Reactions: Vaporware
Top Bottom