Which Vape provides the quickest sessions, start to finish?

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Lo said:
Of course it does depend on quality of product. I've been using MJ for more than 25 years, not a lightweight lol! The LB can get the job done from start to finish very quickly with good product.
That is true. Product quality would have a lot to do with this equation as well. Right now, I have some Permafrost, and I swear I can feel it from just one 10-15 second hit. Two more and I could be too high too function. That's what I love about my LB. Not only is it fast as hell, and stealthy, I actually feel my medicine more than when I was using my Vapor Warez. That really surprised me.

Vicki,

max

Out to lunch
Noisy, I think you will enjoy your Woodeez. I've been using a PD for over 2 yrs. and it's my main vape for home use. This type will give you satisfying hits (exhale into some good lighting and you'll be surprised how many hits you get), and due to the fixed temp and tiny bowl, you'll find yourself using less with it than with most any other style of vape. The fixed temp will prevent the bowl drain you can get with higher temps. Over the years I've found that the hotter your temp, the faster the herb goes. And since the small bowl requires more reloading, you'll find yourself at some point just putting the vapor tube down and putting off a reload until later-you just don't feel the need. With a larger bowl and especially a bag, the tendency is to keep going until the bowl or bag is done, and sometimes you just don't need that much. So the log vape design is very efficient, as far as stretching your herb.

Efficiency can also be just getting a bowl fully vaped, with all ABV an even shade of brown. Most vapes can do this, but it's easier with some than others. You have to consider bowl size and how much is loaded. Some will require a good bit of attention to make sure the temp doesn't rise too fast (Launch Box). Load a lot and you'll have to stir to get all the herb exposed to the heat (SSV). I used a bag filler on a regular basis for a couple of years. The herbalAire is as efficient as any vape on the market when it comes to getting a bowl fully vaped with no stirring at all. In fact it's designed to use pieces instead of ground, so there's nothing to stir. The 18 inlet holes into the bowl do a great job of fully vaping the bowl. But I found, especially with using small bowl direct draw vapes like the Vapolution and then the PD, that I always used more herb with the herbalAire. Mostly it's just the tendency to load more in a larger bowl, along with wanting to see a lot of visible vapor in the bags.

I've found that the best type of vape to get really high in a hurry is the direct draw big hitter. That can be anything from an inexpensive box vape to a high end bong type like the Herborizer or Vriptech VHW. The box/whip vape will give you more manageable hits, in general, while the wide mouth glass on a bong type can't be beat for huge hits. I've been using the SSV for years, for getting slammed quick, while the PD gives me measured doses. The DBV will sub nicely for the SSV, with slightly less rich hits (but more predictable ones), and with less stirring required, due to the wider output opening in the heater cover. These vapes will provide a much higher vapor/air ratio than with bags, where all your hits are diluted from fan/pump air. With direct draw, vs. bags, it takes more care to manage the big hits. Unlike a bag, they're not all the same, but most people who enjoy the vapor experience usually end up with a nice big hitter for at least a change of pace. A couple of rich hits from my SSV and I'm way ahead of where I'd be with a couple of PD bowls. You do have to make sure your hits are manageable though. Not a problem with a log vape, but with a big hitting whip or bong vape, you can end up having to exhale a lot of unprocessed vapor if you're not careful. Just my :2c:

max,

return2heaven

bluntfaced said:
LOG VAPES ARE NOT THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION

Christ, peeps this site recommend the same two vaporizers for every question.

These are fast to get one hit out of but to get really high it takes forrr everrr to vape through a substantial amount of bud.

Something like a vrip tech on the other hand, you load up, blast the shit out of it and you are fucking baked just like that. Big bowl whip style vapes or something like a volcano as well.

Out of all the vapes I've used the MFLB takes me the longest to get high because I have to hit it so many times and so slowly. I haven't used a PD or MZ but I imagine it's kind of the same.

PLEASE don't answer questions like this if you are not at least somewhat experienced with a wide variety of vaporizers.
OP has a volcano, he is asking for other options.

Noisy Gnome said:
I consume 0.2 in 3-4 bags over 15-20 mins.

If I could consume less, and faster that would be great!

Ok, excluding the LB, what comes next?
hence the log vape suggestions which you put down even though you have no firsthand experience with them. nice job...

return2heaven,

steiner666

Serial vapist
bluntfaced said:
Out of all the vapes I've used the MFLB takes me the longest to get high because I have to hit it so many times and so slowly. I haven't used a PD or MZ but I imagine it's kind of the same.
I gotta agree with this one. It always took me a good 5-10 mins to vape a LB trench well, mainly because i had to take slow ~20sec long hits most of the time. But if you have really potent, well dried and finely ground herb and/or a lower tolerance and only need a couple hits to get there, it could be for you. If if have my ssv on and want to vape, i can get vaked in less time because the hits themselves are thicker and quicker.

steiner666,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
I agree with B., an oil vape such as a globe or curve attached to your ordinary water tool or the VAAAP vaporizer for concentrates are by far the fastest and heaviest hitting. Getting or making BHO is the hardest part in some regions. One or two tiny dabs and you are done. The VAAAP only needs a bic lighter and 10 seconds of heat and you are done.

DeepFried,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Part of my answer was because my log vape is ready to go 24/7 and I keep ground herb in a bowl also ready to go. I can get in & out of the room in just a few minutes after vaping 2-3 tubes.

My SSV is put up in it's bag, in the closet so for me it takes more time because I'd have to set it up. I can say that if I had the SSV sitting out ready to go (someday when my house is kid free) I could really get vaked much quicker with the SSV. I didn't think about the fact that many already have their big hitters set up and ready to go. If my PD, LB & SSV were all set & ready to go I have to say I think I could get vaked more quickly with the SSV. I envy those that have your big hitter ready to go at a moment's notice :)

Lo,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Lo said:
Part of my answer was because my log vape is ready to go 24/7 and I keep ground herb in a bowl also ready to go. I can get in & out of the room in just a few minutes after vaping 2-3 tubes.

My SSV is put up in it's bag, in the closet so for me it takes more time because I'd have to set it up. I can say that if I had the SSV sitting out ready to go (someday when my house is kid free) I could really get vaked much quicker with the SSV. I didn't think about the fact that many already have their big hitters set up and ready to go. If my PD, LB & SSV were all set & ready to go I have to say I think I could get vaked more quickly with the SSV. I envy those that have your big hitter ready to go at a moment's notice :)
I totally get you, man. We also envy people that don't constantly have kids running around their house too. :p

Vicki,

lwien

Something else to consider that no one has mentioned yet. For me, I've found that hitting my PD through my bong, especially if it's loaded with hot water, gets me higher quicker than hitting the PD in virgin mode.

lwien,

Noisy Gnome

Vapester
return2heaven said:
Noisy Gnome said:
I consume 0.2 in 3-4 bags over 15-20 mins.

If I could consume less, and faster that would be great!

Ok, excluding the LB, what comes next?
hence the log vape suggestions which you put down even though you have no firsthand experience with them. nice job...
I did not "put down" log vapes anywhere! Maybe you are thinking of someone else who made a comment.

Noisy Gnome,

reece

Noisy Gnome:

I think he was talking to the person he quoted earlier in his post. I believe your post is there as evidence that folks aren't just recommending this type of vaporizer without actually considering your stated requirements. I had to look at it a couple of times because I thought the same thing as you did. I could be wrong though.

reece,

return2heaven

reece said:
Noisy Gnome:

I think he was talking to the person he quoted earlier in his post. I believe your post is there as evidence that folks aren't just recommending this type of vaporizer without actually considering your stated requirements. I had to look at it a couple of times because I thought the same thing as you did. I could be wrong though.
Exactly what reece said :) my reply was for the guy who dismissed log vapes even though he never tried one.

return2heaven,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
in my opinion BHO is faster and easier than any vape could ever be, hands down, by far. 1 good size dab and you can be super blazed in less than 5 min. You can get through 2-3 dabs in 5 min if you know what your doing. More info on BHO can be found here:
http://fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=50
and here
http://fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=1766
BHO is a concentrate BTW so its extremely potent, and not for the faint of heart :brow:

now if you wouldnt ever be able to blast butane where your at then i personaly would go with a log type. Having something warm already and your material ground up ready to go will make this process faster as well. I myself can hammer through 3 stems in under 15 min and that puts me where i need to be if not past the point. I have a vhw but that has a 5min heat up time as well and i cant sit and take consecutive MONSTER rips one after another. I need to pace myself somewhat and thats even with super high diffusion glassware. A VHW blazemaster bowl (which is ~.2g's) gets me about 10-12 hits and takes me about 20 min to get through after the heatup time. I could see how a MFLB would have its merits but Im just not a huge fan of batteries, and there are a TON of people that love their iolites as well and i could see them being pretty fast. All the whips can give you some decent sized hits but with the bigger bowl size comes a longer sesh most of the time from what ive experienced so that makes me think twice if your looking for speed. The cloud is suppsoed to have a ~2min heat up time which would edge it over the VHW in my book but we'll have to wait and see how turns out.

One things for sure though, you have options and there are alot of vapes on the market that are on point in their own respect. Its all finding out what works the best for you and sometimes that involves trial and error. Ive tried over 10 vapes and still find new ones that I like and could see myself owning.

minnesnowta,

chucku

Charles Urbane
The VG bat delivers on all counts. Extreme stealth, carry loaded in your pocket. Super tough, couldn't break it if you tried. Very fast, 2-3 big hits in 2 minutes or less. Hits hard, some of the most intense head rushes I have ever had.

chucku,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Vaping .2 grams in a log vape is going to take about three to five minutes am I right or no? No I haven't used them but with that fact and the fact that if you don't have it plugged in for some reason it's gonna take 45 minutes to heat up make it a poor decision for what will get you there fastest. When I think fast I think one hit quit, BHO definitely takes the cake, I didn't say anything about it because I was thinking vaporizers but it is technically vaporizing.

bluntfaced,

lwien

bluntfaced said:
When I think fast I think one hit quit
But I can take one quick hit from my PD filled with high end bud thru my bong and I can take in as much as my lungs could possibly handle without coughing my eyeballs out.
I know you haven't used one, and if I was in your shoes, I would be just as skeptical.

lwien,

evilferret

I think I know the ops asking since if I'm right we have the same question which made me re-log on after so many months.

I think the op is looking for best PV that burns off the higher temp canaboids. I will have to say I have both the Woodez and the MFLB and they're both great for maintenance hits. Not so great for that hit at night to pass out. I seem to have to run a trench almost to combustion to get ready to sleep these days. Keeping strong though.

Yes I know I can eat my AVB but I ate all my toast with butter 2 days in after my last batch. Toast!

So off topic can anybody compare the Zephyr Ion vs the Extreme Q? I need something with the higher max temp. Maybe a mod that runs almost at 500 degrees F. The price difference confuses me since they seem to be in the same market?

Blah maybe I should just cave in and order the replacement parts for my Vapezilla. Its somewhere in my closet. I forgot what temp it goes up to.

Still finding pain relief and couch lock occurs faster when sparking. I'm assuming its because I'm burning off all the canaboids. I do get the same effect on the both the Woodez and MFLB after a long long time. My AVB seems almost burnt. I do love both PV's though just wish I had something to get me to pass out and take an edge off the pain. A head high doesn't do much for that (unless something shiny distracts me and I chase after it).

evilferret,

mudstar

Humanist & Discgolfer
Noisy Gnome said:
I don't pre-grind my herbs but I think I'm going to start. I have been meaning to check my local walmart for a suitable coffee grinder so I can either a) Buy one finally, for the love of god or b) Rule it out and buy one off Ebay.

I just got one of these http://www.amazon.com/Proctor-Silex...1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1284102010&sr=8-1 and it seems to be doing the job. Others have mentioned seeing it as low as $7 in the stores, but regardless, $12 isn't bad. Might help shave a little time off your sessions, at least. Cheers.

mudstar,
Top Bottom